Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ding ding! You win the worthless post of the thread award.

If you actually understood what faceroll meant, you'd know that its the specs that do well with few buttons and little skill. There is a high degree of skill in playing BM well now, primarily because of the huge number of cooldowns and spells it has, and the opener - as has been established elsewhere and in this thread - is quite complicated and not something you can 'faceroll'.

Playing a spec like Arcane in Cata, or Ret in Wrath or even BM in BC - where you outperformed everyone with 2-3 buttons - that is not 'skillful play' that requires 'smart people'. That's faceroll. So please, before you contribute (using that word lightly) to a topic in the future, know what the bloody hell you're talking about.
    Good job being one of the people I described

Regardless of how many or few buttons a spec has to use in order to function at 100%, good players will always be outperforming baddies. Having an extremely bloated skill bar is just a qol annoyance for the good players, while making mediocre players like yourself feel like they are awesome

I agree at first its overwhelming. However once you start getting into it, and you no longer have to think about what is next, where your muscle memory takes over, hunters become amazingly fun. Challenging, dynamic, you really get the feeling that you have not only a button for everything, but that your actively doing something during fights. I for one hate the old 3 button style and hope they never go back to it.

Bads will always be bads regardless of how many buttons there are. I've known level 85 arcane mages do 10k dps in decent gear. (That specific person apparantly thought when the ability flashes you're supposed to use it, so he used missiles every time it proccd and kept resetting AB stacks, even during burns)

Buttons don't matter much in pve. Pvp they do, yes. I prefer the extra buttons in pve, it makes it more dynamic. When the boss is dying for example you have to judge on the spot whether you should use KC first or KS. Should you use DB. Will the GT hit the target before it dies etc. Those decisions can mean the difference between a top parse. But in pvp, the extra buttons are certainly more of a hindrance than anything.

I would be fine with the number of Hunter abilities if it weren't for Readiness. And if MM was viable, you'd see more complaints about this.

MM is weak right now, so most people don't go through the ridiculousness that is the MM opener. BM is crazy, MM is insane.

To open a fight, one has to (Not in the correct order at all): Mark, Pre-pot, Serpent Sting, Get Steady Focus up, Trinket, Stampede
    Get (talent depending) Rapid Fire, Dire Beast, MoC, Glaive (maybe?), and Chimera all on CD so you can use Readiness and have them up again. All while trying to fit as many Aimed Shots in during the CA phase.

Once you are rolling it's not so bad, but the amount of stuff we do to start a fight is way over the top. And I blame Readiness.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2012-12-19 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind TOO much in PvE, but it seems like the buttons + the cooldowns can be overwhelming sometimes. Combine that with PvP and it's a nightmare. I honestly have too much to keep track of and press in PvP and I'm currently out of comfortably reachable buttons to use and I would still like to squeeze in a few more binds. It's terribly frustrating and one of the reasons I don't arena. Actually I've only PvP'd in a BG once on MoP which is incredibly depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Good job being one of the people I described

Regardless of how many or few buttons a spec has to use in order to function at 100%, good players will always be outperforming baddies. Having an extremely bloated skill bar is just a qol annoyance for the good players, while making mediocre players like yourself feel like they are awesome
    actually its not true... a half assed mage can out DPS a good hunter simply because it takes more then double the player to be good at BM then it does to play any spec mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I was fine with the BM rotation until they nerfed Lynx Rush and made Murder of Crows better... Murder of Crows feels incredibly clunky and I feel like it interrupts the flow of the rotation. I'm tempted to switch back to Lynx Rush or maybe Blink Strike simply because I hate MoC.
    If you are able to track 1min/2 min CD on your AMoC, it is really not a big issue to use AMoC just after it is available to you.

But yeah, you already need to be watching 15 secs on GT/30 secs on Barrage, 30 secs on DB, 1 minute on BW, Focus Fire so you dont use it up right before BW, 3 minutes on RF, 5 minutes on Readiness and 5 minutes on Stampede ond in execute range 10 seconds on KS
    Did I mention tracking of SrS on target (because it will most likely fall off during BW with T14 4pc bonus?)
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2012-12-19 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    If you are able to track 1min/2 min CD on your AMoC, it is really not a big issue to use AMoC just after it is available to you.

But yeah, you already need to be watching 15 secs on GT/30 secs on Barrage, 30 secs on DB, 1 minute on BW, Focus Fire so you dont use it up right before BW, 3 minutes on RF, 5 minutes on Readiness and 5 minutes on Stampede ond in execute range 10 seconds on KS
    Did I mention tracking of SrS on target (because it will most likely fall off during BW with T14 4pc bonus?)
    I'm on vacation so I can't test, but with the buff to srs wouldn't it be acceptable to reapply it with a gcd during BW? or will you srs in the 4pc BW anyways for focus and will therefore refresh it anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I'm on vacation so I can't test, but with the buff to srs wouldn't it be acceptable to reapply it with a gcd during BW? or will you srs in the 4pc BW anyways for focus and will therefore refresh it anyways?
    Well, it depends when SrS fells off. 1 SrS tick < 1 AS < 2 SrS ticks. So, if SrS fells off sooner than 6 seconds before ond of BW, re-apply it immediately. If it fells off in less than 6 seconds before end of BW, I re-apply it after BW. My "math" might not be correct, though

I don't really mind the amount of abilities we have in our rotation. Survival feels still just as boring and easy as it did in the previous expansion. Granted, I haven't played MoP much, haven't even stepped into a raid yet, but it's not like the rotation is going to change massively from 5man to a 10/25man. Sure you have one or two more abilities to press, but does that really make it any harder ? Just press them once they come out of cooldown and you're done, how on earth is that hard to do ? I do have an issue in general with the amount of keybinds we have, especially with most of them being very useless 99% of the time. Why do we have an ability for those very weird random situations that come up once every half a year ? Just merge some of them or get rid of them altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    Personally, that was one of the things I disliked about hunters last tier/expansion. Survival was essentially a 4-5 button rotation with 1 cooldown. What could you really do to improve or pull yourself past other hunters in PvE? The only things that mattered were that you 1) Used RF/CoTW at the right time 2) got ES off cooldown and 3) didn't mess up BA. Any hunter that could do that pulled around the same DPS.
    Yet there were very clear differences on the WoL rankings "early on" (as in, prior to the first 5% and 10% auras) when people still did the fights properly instead of zerging the bosses and/or cheesing the meters.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Elemental Blast says hi.
    Also, loving the amount of buttons. I loved Destruction in Cataclysm as well, for this exact reason. Hoping they don't change it.
    Elemental Blast? You're going to retort with one talented ability, useful for only one shaman spec, as a valid counterargument to our bloat? Even with Elemental Blast, I see exactly 5 abilities ele shamans use (Flame and Earth shock, EB, Lava Burst, LB), plus a couple CDs like Ele mastery if you choose not to go into Echo, and Ascendance if you don't go into Primalist.

We already had, baseline, more rotational abilities than any other DPS class (by my count: SrS, CoS, AS, KS, signature shot, "other" signature shot like AiS/BA/Focus Fire, for a total of 6). As far as I can tell, warlocks are 2nd closest with Corruption/Immo, agony (if afflic), filler spell (MalGrasp/SBolt/Incinerate), signature spell (UA, Hand of Gul'dan, Chaos Bolt), proc spell (haunt/soul fire/conflag).

But our best abilities in our LAST THREE tiers are all rotational abilities. One of which uses 50-60% of our resource bar. No other class can say that, for a total of 9 rotational abilities. If you're good and never have to refresh SrS, that's 8 after the initial key press, but it's now worth it to put it on new targets and our rotations are so cluttered it can fairly easily fall off during a BW or a lucky LnL streak + CDs.

On top of that, we have a 1m CD in our top spec, a 3m CD for all specs, a 5m reset for all specs, and a 5m CD for all specs.

Plus, a debuff to put on every target unless glyphed.

Plus, a whole set of traps which are situationally useful. Plus a bunch of CCs like Scatter Shot, silencing shot (or equiv from that tier).

Plus, a mitigation CD.

Plus, until recently, an aspect system which required a swap. Now may require a very rare situational swap, until the inevitable redesign.

And on top of that, we have to manage an AI pet, with its own CD (2m, or 90s in our top spec), its own range for its own abilities, its own focus concerns, etc. Plus another hunter ability (Master's Call) to use for positioning.

Code:
    actions+=/use_item,name=yaungol_slayers_gloves
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows,if=enabled&!ticking
    actions+=/blink_strike,if=enabled
    actions+=/lynx_rush,if=enabled&!dot.lynx_rush.ticking
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react
    actions+=/glaive_toss,if=enabled
    actions+=/powershot,if=enabled
    actions+=/barrage,if=enabled
    actions+=/serpent_sting,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=10
    actions+=/explosive_shot,if=cooldown_react
    actions+=/kill_shot
    actions+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=8
    actions+=/multi_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&dot.serpent_sting.remains<2
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react
    actions+=/rapid_fire,if=!buff.rapid_fire.up
    actions+=/dire_beast,if=enabled
    actions+=/stampede,if=buff.rapid_fire.up|buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=25
    actions+=/readiness,wait_for_rapid_fire=1
    actions+=/fervor,if=enabled&focus<=50
    actions+=/cobra_shot,if=dot.serpent_sting.remains<6
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=focus>=67
    actions+=/cobra_shot
    vs

Code:
    actions+=/recklessness,use_off_gcd=1,if=((debuff.colossus_smash.remains>=5|cooldown.colossus_smash.remains<=4)&((!talent.avatar.enabled|!set_bonus.tier14_4pc_melee)&((target.health.pct<20|target.time_to_die>315|(target.time_to_die>165&set_bonus.tier14_4pc_melee)))|(talent.avatar.enabled&set_bonus.tier14_4pc_melee&buff.avatar.up)))&(!talent.bloodbath.enabled|cooldown.bloodbath.remains<=3|((target.time_to_die>315&target.time_to_die<(315+cooldown.bloodbath.remains))|(set_bonus.tier14_4pc_melee&target.time_to_die>165&target.time_to_die<(165+cooldown.bloodbath.remains))))|target.time_to_die<=18
    actions+=/avatar,use_off_gcd=1,if=talent.avatar.enabled&(((cooldown.recklessness.remains>=180|buff.recklessness.up)|(target.health.pct>=20&target.time_to_die>195)|(target.health.pct<20&set_bonus.tier14_4pc_melee))|target.time_to_die<=20)
    actions+=/bloodbath,use_off_gcd=1,if=talent.bloodbath.enabled&(debuff.colossus_smash.remains>=5&(target.time_to_die>79|(target.time_to_die<79&target.health.pct<20&(buff.recklessness.up|cooldown.recklessness.remains>=(target.time_to_die-25)))))
    actions+=/use_item,name=ghost_reavers_gauntlets,use_off_gcd=1,if=!talent.bloodbath.enabled|(talent.bloodbath.enabled&buff.bloodbath.up)
    actions+=/berserker_rage,use_off_gcd=1,if=!(buff.enrage.react|(buff.raging_blow.react=2&target.health.pct>=20))|(buff.recklessness.remains>=10&!buff.raging_blow.react)
    actions+=/deadly_calm,use_off_gcd=1,if=(!talent.bloodbath.enabled&rage>=40)|(talent.bloodbath.enabled&buff.bloodbath.up&rage>=40)
    actions+=/heroic_leap,use_off_gcd=1,if=debuff.colossus_smash.up
    actions+=/heroic_strike,use_off_gcd=1,if=(((debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=40)|(buff.deadly_calm.up&rage>=30))&target.health.pct>=20)|rage>=110
    actions+=/bloodthirst,if=!(target.health.pct<20&debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=30)
    actions+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.react&target.health.pct>=20&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains<=1
    actions+=/wait,sec=cooldown.bloodthirst.remains,if=!(target.health.pct<20&debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=30)&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains<=1&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains
    actions+=/colossus_smash
    actions+=/dragon_roar,if=talent.dragon_roar.enabled&(!debuff.colossus_smash.up&buff.bloodbath.up)
    actions+=/execute
    actions+=/storm_bolt,if=talent.storm_bolt.enabled
    actions+=/raging_blow,if=buff.raging_blow.react=2|(buff.raging_blow.react&(target.health.pct<=20|debuff.colossus_smash.up|buff.bloodbath.up|buff.recklessness.up|cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>=6|(cooldown.bloodthirst.remains>=1&buff.raging_blow.remains<=6)))
    actions+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.react&target.health.pct>=20
    actions+=/shockwave,if=talent.shockwave.enabled
    actions+=/heroic_throw
    actions+=/battle_shout,if=rage<70&!debuff.colossus_smash.up
    actions+=/bladestorm,if=talent.bladestorm.enabled&cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>=5&!debuff.colossus_smash.up&cooldown.bloodthirst.remains>=2&target.health.pct>=20
    actions+=/wild_strike,if=debuff.colossus_smash.up&target.health.pct>=20
    actions+=/impending_victory,if=talent.impending_victory.enabled&target.health.pct>=20
    actions+=/wild_strike,if=cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>=1&rage>=80&target.health.pct>=20
    actions+=/battle_shout,if=rage<70
    I obviously agree on the pvp part though, playing a hunter beyond facerolling is quite a feat.