Is there a reason I should collect all 3 types of battle pets?

I have been grabbing all 3 versions, but i'm wondering if there is even a reason to do that. I only lvl the blue ones (rare). Sorry, i'm totally new to the whole pet collecting scene as of like 1 week ago.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:13 AM ----------

To be more clear, I meant the rare, uncommon, and common versions of said pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no reason to get all 4 types (Poor, Common, Uncommon and Rare). If you have rare one, you are good to go, as that is the best one so far. We'll have epic quality at some point (which would be 5th eleme... quality).
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-11 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you roleplay a hobo, you'll want only poor quality pets. They're the shaggiest, but most loyal.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

No, there's really no reason to collect anything other than the rares ones for battling. I usually end up with two of each pet, though, since I will catch the first one I see for completion, and then search for Rares as time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No, there's really no reason to collect anything other than the rares ones for battling. I usually end up with two of each pet, though, since I will catch the first one I see for completion, and then search for Rares as time allows.

This is what I do As I mainly care just about the collecting part, I tend to just grab the first one I come across then go back later on to farm the rare version if I plan on levelling it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    If you roleplay a hobo, you'll want only poor quality pets. They're the shaggiest, but most loyal.
    lmao, great response...

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I have been grabbing all 3 versions, but i'm wondering if there is even a reason to do that. I only lvl the blue ones (rare). Sorry, i'm totally new to the whole pet collecting scene as of like 1 week ago.

Only level rare pets. Second, level something other than a critter, beast, aquatic, or flyer to start with. You will find these in abundance. If you have 3 rare pets you will pretty much always win against anything other than a pet tamer. Dragonkin, humanoid, magic, elementals, and mechanicals are hard to find in the world and are required to defeat some of the hardest pet tamers. Last thing you want is to get a couple critters and beast to 25 and then find out you need to relevel a whole team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, you are misunderstanding the OP... or I do,., lol
    The pets not only come in 4 quality levels, but also in 3 different skill variations.

OP it's really up to you.. and what you have planned down the road with your battle combos

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Guys, you are misunderstanding the OP... or I do,., lol
    The pets not only come in 4 quality levels, but also in 3 different skill variations.

OP it's really up to you.. and what you have planned down the road with your battle combos

I think you are misunderstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding.
    he edited after I posted :P
    But I had a feeling he could refer to the rarity, not the skill set.. The latter I feel as more important though btw.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    he edited after I posted :P
    But I had a feeling he could refer to the rarity, not the skill set.. The latter I feel as more important though btw.

Edit was at 10:13 AM you posted at 11:18 am

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    This is what I do As I mainly care just about the collecting part, I tend to just grab the first one I come across then go back later on to farm the rare version if I plan on levelling it up.
    This is exactly how I was. Now that I got everything I really can at the moment, I'm going through the painful process of farming all the rares -.-

Also, I like to collect multiple rares of different breeds. Or perhaps use a team of all 3 of them.

Is there a comprehensive list of where all of these pets are at and the best way to obtain them? I have just randomly done the pet battles and I think my highest level pet is 6 or something so I'm pretty darn clueless on what to do! (too busy leveling alts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Edit was at 10:13 AM you posted at 11:18 am
    That just means it was 10:13AM in the OP's timezone. :3

I tend to catch one of any quality for completion's sake and then begin a hunt for the rare. Once I have my rare then it's out with the poorest quality pet.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Is there a comprehensive list of where all of these pets are at and the best way to obtain them? I have just randomly done the pet battles and I think my highest level pet is 6 or something so I'm pretty darn clueless on what to do! (too busy leveling alts).
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/guides/p...w-pets-by-zone is handy, and might help you out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    The search function as part of the Battle Pet interface (Shift + P) allows you to look up any pet and it will tell you in which zone and under which conditions it can be found.

Otherwise use WarCraft Pets

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally catch the first for completion, and then release it whenever I find a rare quality. Caught every pet in the wild except for the Qiraji Guardling, stupid summer-only pet -.- The Safari achievement is taunting me since it's impossible right now lol

In terms of quality, i'd agree its only worth having one of each kind of pet, and rares, as that gives you the best advantages. a similar topic, what price would you say a flawless pet battle stone would go for? the one that upgrades anything to rare?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

As you can only collect a total of 500, having more than 1 of multiple pets could cause problems if you are collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    As you can only collect a total of 500, having more than 1 of multiple pets could cause problems if you are collecting.
    You can actually collect 650 total pets now, they changed it with the recent patch Thankfully!