Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite boss this expansion?

From out of all that you have attempted.

Currently 15/16 (only done about 5 pulls on Sha of Fear), but so far my favorites have probably been Elegon overall. Was a very tense fight the entire time and was the greatest yells in achievement when we finally got him down. Also love the Attenuation mechanic on Imperial Vizier, felt like I was playing some retro space game where I had to dodge stuff flying at my ship. Honorable mention to Spirit Kings as well, just for how busy the fight is, very entertaining.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I really enjoyed Amber Shaper Un'sok , Four Kings, and Elegon. Those three would be my favourites, followed by Feng, Vizier, Wind Lord, Blade Lord and Lei Shi. Tier 14 has been a very good tier in my opinion, My second favourite since tier 8.
    Hatred the Fearless.

i really enjoyed elegon hc, empress hc and sha hc those fights are fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    From tank perspective "Will of the Emperor" wins over anything else I've done this tier.

As a tank, I've enjoyed every fight I've seen thus far. Except Garalon. Garalon can go to hell. Feng is my favorite though, just because I get the Shroud of Reversal and can do so many little things with it.

A bit off-topic compared to the expected reasoning but Will of the Emperor is my favorite of all time simply because of the "narration." There's something haunting and strangely moving about it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'll list my favorite fights per instance.

MSV: Spirit Kings and Elegon were amazing fights. Heroic Spirit Kings was very enjoyable due to all the mchanics going on and it reminded me of Heroic Omnotron except for when we got Meng second then it just wasn't enjoyable. Elegon was a great fight on normal due to it being 3 phases, having a great environment and having some unique mechanics. I felt it should have been the end boss of MSV and buffed immensely on Heroic difficulty. They had so much potential with that fight on heroic.

HoF: Imperial Vizier and Amber Shaper. Heroic Imperial Vizier and attenuation is a marvelous mechanic. The entire fight was very well designed after they made it impossible for him to go left on the pull. Amber Shaper is a well designed "vehicle fight". To be able to kill it on Heroic you really need to execute the construct mechanic properly, while still handling the mechanics outside the construct as well. It's refreshing for a vehicle fight to do that since usually they make it so everything outside the vehicle is negligible. I used to enjoy Empress but after doing the boss on Heroic I realized how much I despise that fight. That kind of raid and tank damage is not enjoyable to heal and only encourages overpowered cooldown stacking (specifically disc priests/warriors).

Terrace: Tsulong is a great fight, giving equal importance to healing and dps. Protectors and Lei Shi just feel like something is missing in my opinion. Protectors should have had more awareness/dodge mechanics while Lei Shi should have had a 2nd phase, especially considering he is the penultimate boss of the tier. No input yet on Heroic Sha, but I don't think i'll enjoy it since its an endurance fight and those are the worst to wipe on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Elegon. The last phase of Blade Lord gets an honorable mention though.

Heroic Spirit Kings so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any heroics yet, but I like Tsulong a lot as a healer. I think Feng is kinda cool. New, unique mechanics without feeling gimmicky. Gara'jal is fun, the first guy in Heart of Fear is fun. Actually I like most of HoF. Elegon was challenging, and I like that aspect, but I didn't find the fight itself especially exciting.

Surprisingly, this might be the first tier in a long time where there wasn't a fight I really, really loathed. Almost every tier ever has at least one I really dislike.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Heroic Spirit Kings is amazing, so many mechanics that we haven't seen in years (stop attacking, dispel boss, break bubbles, stun boss) all while dealing with the familiar "don't stand in bad stuff" makes it feel like Heroic Ragnaros with the uniqueness of the fight.

H Will and H IVZ are my favorite so far. 11/16, so yet to see how H ToES plays. H Sha looks insane.

as a tank Will more then anything buy HM Elegon/Feng/Kings im only 7/16 HM the list might change soon

Deleted
    Atm, The Spirit Kings. Not the same mechanic thru all fight, but not too hard either.
    Elegon fight is also really cool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    A bit off-topic compared to the expected reasoning but Will of the Emperor is my favorite of all time simply because of the "narration." There's something haunting and strangely moving about it.
    Do agree, all quotes there have a great voice and entonation. Plus tanking there is rather fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have enjoyed this tier, but none of the bosses stand out to me as fantastic. i HATE garalon though. and i hate wind lord, but thats purely because as an aff lock the aoe phase is so damn boring. one button spam is not fun. i enjoy stone guard HC on 25 but not on 10man (10 you spend too long painting) favourite is probably spirit kings, elegon of IVZ

None - the raiding scene this expansion is fucking terrible.

The encounters are shit and boring, bad mechanics.

Overall bad expansion which caused me to unsub.

Not needed. - Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-12-12 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangles69 View Post

You represent statistical deviation and thus you should be ignored

Deleted
    I liked this tier in genral IMO Amber Shaper wins it I also liked Gara'jal and Spirit Kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangles69 View Post

I would love to see your armory to see what raiding you have done
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream