Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reign of Fire nerf....

Ok so how is this even fair that Reign of fire will no longer stop someone from capturing a flag?!?! I can only assume that every otehr class has had their aoe abilities nerfed to so that they cant interrupt people from capturing flags.

I mean lets see here Aff dots dont stop someone from capturing a flag even though they are ticking and doing dmg but a melee hit will... or a frost bomb or any other kind of dmg.

Now they nerf reign of fire to not effect it either!

Am i reading this wrong or what if not than WTF is blizzar thinking?!

The dot thing is puzzling to me. Poor development of mechanics & blatant ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    The dot thing is puzzling to me. Poor development of mechanics & blatant ignorance.
    I completely disagree. Dots shouldn't prevent capping. AoE should, but I didn't know there were aoe spells that don't stop capping.

@op I find it interesting your first post under your new account(old one got banned?) is a rage post. FYI to get your voice heard it's best to be constructive with feedback, not "WTF IS BLIZZAR thinking?"

I typically dont use this spell to stop flag caps, is this for all specs or just for Destruction, because if its just for Destruction it is a decent change imo, I know Affliction has a channeled version of RoF, not sure about Demonology. Dest Locks do not need to channel RoF so its pretty cheap for them to be able to just instacast RoF and go about their business and even continue to be able to stop caps while CCd (If RoF was cast prior to being CCd). We do have plenty of other tools available to all specs to stop flag capping though, Howl, Shadowfury, Instafear, Felflame, Succubus knockback, pet auto-attacks and hell even normal weapon auto-attacks and Im sure there are a few spells that Im forgetting but lets be realistic, unless the entire team is on a flag trying to cap (in which case youre going to lose the node anyways) or youre CCd with no trinket available theres no reason why Fel Flame and tab targeting isnt enough to stop caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but flags shouldn't be un-capable just because a warlock decided to spec mannoroths fury and sit 50 yards away from the flag. It was definitely overpowered as destro and I'm just surprised it wasn't nerfed sooner. It was simply doing way to much as an instant cast in bg's.

Made by dubbelbasse

It was completely overpowered on flag maps and needed a nerf. Justified IMO.

Dots shouldn't prevent capping, certain aoe should. A locks reign of fire was the aoe that needed to be fixed

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    Ok so how is this even fair that Reign of fire will no longer stop someone from capturing a flag?!?! I can only assume that every otehr class has had their aoe abilities nerfed to so that they cant interrupt people from capturing flags.

I mean lets see here Aff dots dont stop someone from capturing a flag even though they are ticking and doing dmg but a melee hit will... or a frost bomb or any other kind of dmg.

Now they nerf reign of fire to not effect it either!

Am i reading this wrong or what if not than WTF is blizzar thinking?!
    Because it is retarded that the radius of rain of fire is absurdly large, and for destro locks it's nearly a passive ability. You don't channel it, just by moving around you always have rain of fire. It's stupid.

Then again, MOP in general is stupid because AOE for many classes have a stupidly large radius; its basically a FU to stealth classes. I don't even understand why they decided to make the radius for stuff like hellfire and rain of fire, halo so large; its quite stupid.

Welcome to not having a AOE! You can join shadow priest who's mind sear doesn't tick till the end of the gcd and has to be cast on a target that can move! Worthless. Now you too can get yelled at "WTF aoe the flag noob."

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Welcome to not having a AOE! You can join shadow priest who's mind sear doesn't tick till the end of the gcd and has to be cast on a target that can move! Worthless. Now you too can get yelled at "WTF aoe the flag noob."
    got psychic scream? Pretty sure the root/fear talent will stop caps also..oh and halo or w/e it's called.

Deleted
    The fact that you did not need to channel it is the reason for the nerf, not having to channel it while it protects the flag is OP.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-12-11 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    got psychic scream? Pretty sure the root/fear talent will stop caps also..oh and halo or w/e it's called.
    Pretty sure fear is a 27 second cd and halo is 45 seconds. O they can cap in less than 27 seconds?!?!? What's the cd on arcane explosion? O right 1.5 seconds. My bad for not getting aoe on flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Pretty sure fear is a 27 second cd and halo is 45 seconds. O they can cap in less than 27 seconds?!?!? What's the cd on arcane explosion? O right 1.5 seconds. My bad for not getting aoe on flag.
    You're right, every class should have identical abilities. I hear that makes a game fun.

Reign of fire. I hear it rules.

See here's the difference between Rain of Fire and other AoE.

In an RBG, I mindlessly spam it on top of a flag every 7-8 seconds. Nobody will ever cap that unless I get a full 10 sec (or something) CC or die. It's just way too brainless since it's just "there and does damage" all the time. I'm not really happy but I get their reasoning behind this

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post

Sorry but I had to
    Last edited by savvasp; 2012-12-11 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    You're right, every class should have identical abilities. I hear that makes a game fun.
    No. You're right. Let's have only 1-2 classes be able to aoe flag and only let those few classes be op in RBGs.

Rain of Fire is far to powerful to prevent players capturing flags in Battlegrounds. While other AoE abilites are potentially just as problematic, they are controllable. You can interrupt the caster, silence them, crowd control them or otherwise prevent it from ticking on your ally who is about to capture.

Rain of Fire, no-longer has that capability (When in the correct Spec). That makes it FAR to annoying. It wasn't game breaking, but a damn big nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    This made my day.

Deleted
    Not a bad change honestly.

Imagine if Frost Mages Blizzard was instant cast,

or Rogue's fan of knives last 10 seconds,

or Druid Mushrooms AoE exploded every 2 seconds.

It's simply too OP to have an instant cast AOE with no CD which interrupts flags even when you're CC'd.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was fire and forget, with manny's fury you can pop it on the other side of the map, do your thing, then just refresh it, no bigge! Atleast spamming AE screws over anything else you're doing. You basicly make the flag uncapable with an non channle instant cast, be reasonable.