Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Metro 2033 is now free to DL in exchange for a facebook like

Thought I'd post it up here, if you didn't pick up the THQ Humble Bundle, you can now get Metro 2033 completely free by liking their facebook page. I've already got it but I'm told you get a key you can redeem on steam.

Deleted
    Good game this. And there's no better flavour than Free!

Deleted
    Damn, I guess the humble bundle didn't help them out much. It's a sad sight to see them go down like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Damn, I guess the humble bundle didn't help them out much. It's a sad sight to see them go down like this.
    It might just be publicity for Metro: Last Light which is coming out soon-ish (I think Feb or March 2013?). If people play and enjoy Metro 2033 now, they're going to be more inclined to buy Last Light - and if that is a hit and gets some good sales, then that could help them out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It might just be publicity for Metro: Last Light which is coming out soon-ish (I think Feb or March 2013?). If people play and enjoy Metro 2033 now, they're going to be more inclined to buy Last Light - and if that is a hit and gets some good sales, then that could help them out a lot.
    I agree, at this point Metro 2033 has been on sale for dirt cheap so many times, and has been part of the humble bundle for the last couple weeks, most people who even thought about playing metro 2033 at some point have it already. They may as well use it as marketing for the next Metro title.

Yeah, it's to get people interested in Metro. 2033 has already been sold to pretty much everyone who will pay money for it at this point. So now they're going to those who didn't want to pay money. Free copy of an old game to try and hook people into paying full price for a new one isn't a bad move. It's not the kind of move a publisher with sound financials would really be making, but it's a good decision on THQ's part given their current situation.

Deleted
    amazing, thank you for this!

Eww facebook.

I don't want to taint myself for a free game =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get the humble bundle.. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Can't refuse a free game... cheers for that info m8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Eww facebook.

I don't understand these kinds of people, free stuff is being given and they still whine

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the original page has been taken down but you can still get there via here.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the heads up.

Eww facebook.

Make a new facebook account.
    Like page.
    Enjoy free game?

Eww facebook.

Yes, because it was stated you had to actively use a facebook account to keep the game?

Sign up, like a page, never visit the website again. And you have a free game. You make no sense.

OT, I actually got this with their humble bundle. Though Saints Row 3 has been consuming my time, I think Metro is going to be the next game on my list.

Deleted
    thanks man, love free games =)
    sicne i dont have a creditcard/paypal i coudlnt pickup the humbe bundle so thats a very good oportunity. it might be worth noting that u can activate the key on steam if you like

10+ Year Old Account
    THQ is giving away games for free before it dies, as a gesture of goodwill.

RIP THQ.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post

RIP THQ.
    Building the fanbase for Metro so that they'll maximize sales of Metro: Last Light when it comes out.

RIP THQ.
    THQ is releasing few big titles in coming months which should push it up nicely unless they do things wrong. What they are doing now is rather big publicity stunt (Indie Bundle, FB thing) that would get bigger audience seek out their games.

I really wish this works out the good way because THQ is one of the few publishers left I can think of without shaking my head in silent disbelief.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

RIP THQ.
    I think they're being pretty savvy. First a successful Humble Bundle and now a free game to get more buyers of the next in the series.

I think they'll gradually make a come back. They went from death throes to climbing out of a hole.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList