Looking for suggestions for my Warlock on Garalon

Hello,

I'm looking for help for my Warlock on Garalon (10m normal). He seems to do fine on other bosses, but he is extremely low in this fight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5b3jctdgo9p46032/

He is one of the 5 in our pheromones kiting rotation, so I can understand being a little low, but I feel he is way too low at this point. He would benefit from your assistance rather than just replacing him.

Thanks!

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is one of the worst specs for that fight, unfortunately. Aside from that you really have to milk the leg bonus as much as you can (spec KJ Cunning or Burning Rush to help with that; id recommend Burning Rush if you can be smart with it and your healers can handle it as its not a dps loss), and make you cast dots with the leg modifyer. And make sure you don't let dots drop off Garalon's body (even when kiting).
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    due to the new KJC in 5.1, locks should theoretically be able to do the same dps moving as they do standing still. so if he hasnt specced that, make sure he does!

as a note though, it is much harder. for my lock, there is a slightly over 10k dps (might actually be 15k... i forget) difference between feng and garalon as a kiter so dont expect his full dps. my point is basically if he specs KJC he will notice a big dps increase. for reference, i can do 70k with the same ilvl but the LFR version of his weapon and no 2-set, and that was on progress where i sometimes needed to run away to CR someone on otherside of the room etc. and yes, KJC alone could easily get him up to 70k i would say.
    Last edited by Viggers; 2012-12-11 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking for help for my Warlock on Garalon (10m normal). He seems to do fine on other bosses, but he is extremely low in this fight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5b3jctdgo9p46032/

He is one of the 5 in our pheromones kiting rotation, so I can understand being a little low, but I feel he is way too low at this point. He would benefit from your assistance rather than just replacing him.

Thanks!
    In my opnion, he should be affliction. None of the specs really lose dps by kiting anymore (Assuming hes capable of keeping up hes rotation). And Affliction does the most dps
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3816&e=4198

Is my latest log from Garalon. I am mainly on boss, but only focuses legs if needed (If its out of melee reach etc, so thats WITHOUT the 100% buff)).

I am kiting aswell, and all I am doing is really popping cds of the pull, and normal rotation. Nothing fancy.

I might think its his multitasking that is what makes him do low dps. I have around the same ilvl as him, according to armory anyway.

We are only using 4 kiters, which (This try) I think includes me, a hunter and 2 tanks. Sometimes we also have healers taking the stacks, all depends on setup.

Edit: Woah, Didn't notice he didn't use KJC. He should use that for nearly all fights, for all specs :P So super strong.

I play Affliction on Garalon. Dotting everything in range (multidotting at the beginning of the fight leads to immense DPS with all CDs + bloodlust) is really good, to deal damage to both the legs and the boss himself. Never had a Demo in our team on Garalon, so I have no idea if your lock is just not that good or if demo itself sucks on this encounter. Plus I was never assigned to pheromones, but our Boomkin is always #2 on DPS on this fight and he is assigned to kiting (-> dots are awesome). So, if he's willing and able to play affliction, he may want to give it a shot.
    If he sticks to demo he should definitly improve is dot uptimes, doom is around 65% and corruption around 55%. That's way to low (is he running out of range while kiting?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your warlock spec affliction and pick up kill jaedans cunning. He is able to perform his full rotation while on the move doing pheremones.

Made by dubbelbasse

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    also, his DoT uptime is terrible on the 2 fights i looked at (the longest attempts) 84% and 65% on doom, and 43% and 53% uptime on corruption. fixing that will be massive

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 06:15 PM ----------

oh and also, he isnt hit capped. only 10% hit. ......

Wow.

Looks like he has some major issues to work out!

Yeah, he was Affliction the night before but I didn't have WoL running on those fights because we weren't getting close to enrage until the end when we hit it a few times.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

That burning rush method is very clever, but make sure you have the heals and don't drop too low before a crush is about to go off! As for me, I go affliction during this fight, and at the start going crazy with soulburn + soulswap on ALL 4 legs if you can target them right off the bat, then i soulswap one leg to the body, and I just maintain it from there. I focus legs that I'm close to so I can at least get the buff. Other then that I'm going crazy on Gary's body.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the change to KJC, warlocks are one of the best kiters. Can easily keep up a full rotation while kiting. Making sure he is grabbing this is the key to his successful kiting. Since lots of movement seems to me a issue for him, I would recommend having him ignore the back legs and the front left( assuming kiting clockwise). Only hitting the front right leg when it is convenient for him and will not cause him to be running around to and from the kiting position.

He should be doing ~25k more then he is, couple that with a couple other people pulling a little more and you have your kill.

Maybe try 4 kiters rather then 5, stacking the debuff up to 20. And if your healers aren't part of your kiting rotation, you need to include them because your lock is definitely the biggest issue you have, but its not the only one.

The first thing is that you should try out 4 kiters and stack to 20, the second thing is you should have your lock go affliction if he's not too bad at it. I kite on Garalon and get in the mid 90's (always lines with my cd's coming back up ) so he should definitely be doing more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2520&e=2894

Even if he wants to stay Demo, there's a ton of room for improvement. His DoT uptimes are really poor - 40-60% for Corruption should be over 90%, same with Doom, Shadowflame should be around 40%. Make sure he's swapping his pet to the legs when they respawn since they fixed pets getting the increased damage buff. Beyond that, I just don't know what he's doing - 16 Shadowbolts, 23 Soulfires, and 24 Touch of Chaos over a 7min fight? What is he doing the rest of the time?

Really though, as everyone's said, he should be going Affliction with KJC. It's so much stronger than the other specs right now.

The way we do it is have everyone dps the legs on pull and then only have the melee dps the legs afterwards and have all ranged on the main boss till it's dead.

He should be affliction and he should be kiting with KJC.

With Ilvl 477 I would open with aboout 350k dps and end at about 85k without dpsing the legs after the initial 4.