Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best Healing Class Overall in Patch 5.1 for PvE?

So my topic covers pretty much the question itself.

So I wanted to ask the fellow raiders that what is the best healing class this patch overall?

If there was a best overall healer, top guilds would stack it instead of having multiple ones.

That being said, healers with different play styles excel at different encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    death knights

Deleted
    Throughput: Monk
    Cooldowns: Disc Priest
    Utility: Shaman

Overall though Monks are performing extremely well

The ones that keep your raid / dungeon group alive. The 'best class' is subjective and could be based on any number of things.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Disc Priests by far. They are at a completely different level compared to all the others healers. Anyone who says otherwise really doesn't understand what disc priests do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Throughput: Disc Priest
    Utility: Disc Priest
    Fixed. /10char

Throughput: Monk
    Utility: Shaman

Have you seen Mistweavers in the past two weeks? Yeah, not OP anymore.

Disc Priest blows everything out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Shell OP

Made by dubbelbasse

You're three waves of nerfs too late. They aren't extremely underpowered but even Resto Druids are passing them in raid healing now.

Overall Disc Priests and Holy Paladins are nearly perfect together. A resto-shaman compliments either one. Potentially, only Disc Priests can be called "best" for the moment on most fights but not all.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree with most ppl it seems. Yes Discp are very strong atm, specially if you take the Heroic HoF where their mitigation is king, but I would consider the best all around healer to be Resto Shaman, their CD's and they output either single target or raid wide is the best at moment, but if I would have to reroll a healing class I would go Discp priest, always loved my priest
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Docdruid View Post
    I have to disagree with most ppl it seems. Yes Discp are very strong atm, specially if you take the Heroic HoF where their mitigation is king, but I would consider the best all around healer to be Resto Shaman, their CD's and they output either single target or raid wide is the best at moment, but if I would have to reroll a healing class I would go Discp priest, always loved my priest
    Shaman cooldowns are very strong, yes. The problem with having Ascendance, Healing Tide, and Spirit Link is that their healing is sub-par without those, which means any period of more than 45 seconds of heavy healing maeks Shaman start dropping like a rock once their CDs are gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it sure ain't Paladins... We need some love.. Everyone whine that they have been nerfed, and then we stand back, chilling "We hardly been buffed" smirks. There will always be something better than other and other better than something.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, it sure ain't Paladins... We need some love.. Everyone whine that they have been nerfed, and then we stand back, chilling "We hardly been buffed" smirks. There will always be something better than other and other better than something.
    Holy is one of the best healing specs, why would they buff you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Holy is one of the best healing specs, why would they buff you?
    Because, we aren't one of the best? I see the others handle much better. We may last a good field or two, but we cannot bring it to the third field. We got 1 buff that changed our way of playing, our strongest heal, Eternal Flame. Chance of high heals and a hot scaled after the main heal. But then I look towards others whom have instant hots and better AoE's and then we die out a bit. We can get an okay AoE, but kindda demands we keep respeccing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Holy Pally is my main and atm in lfr and my 10m group no one touches me, I out heal all except......dun dun dah The Disc Priest! One in my lfr was doing 100khps absolutely silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    ]I honestly think the OP is trolling. There have been similar posts in regards to both DPS and tank classes within the last couple of days.

Either way, I'm going to take the bait because I'm a sorry sap. The best healer is of the following:

One your guild doesn't have.
    One that balances gear tokens and raid buffs (10 man, yolo).
    One you enjoy playing.

Let's face it, you aren't doing any bleeding edge content. You'll succeed based on skill, not your class.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Disc priest is pretty essential on a lot of HC fights (obv u can do it w/o, but having 1 in the roster does make fights A LOT easier)

Id then say a shaman/paladin goes well with them.... druids are pretty poor right now, and monks are in an even worse state after the recent nerfs.

They need to change monks, and do something with druid mushrooms imo, change them to like a 30sec CD with more healin, or make them rly high mana cost but rly good burst.. i dunno.. druids just lack that burst/spamable healing that every other class has

Disc priest Tsulong day phase ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    Disc priest Tsulong day phase ftw!
    You do realize they're the weakest healers for Tsulong's day phase, right? Other than protecting him, their heals are noticbly weaker than every other spec.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."