Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Our Disc Priest usually tops throughput, but he's also really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Our Disc Priest usually tops throughput, but he's also really good.
    He'd have to be considering that I don't mean "Disc Priest are bad" I mean "every other spec is based on healing without absorptions shields and therefore has passives and procs that further increase they're active/reactive/over-time healing to an extent that at the same ilvl a disc priest can't compete if played by two identically skilled players."'

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought that was in response to my "disc priests on Tsulong" thing. ITT: I'm dumb.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-11 at 08:41 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/10...kings/players/

Dr's our disc priest, he does okay.

edit: did notice my comment could be interpreted as disc topping Tsulong. Meant topping most fights, not just Tsulong specifically.

edit2: although Dr still topped Tsulong, go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our group has too many healers... Disc Priest, HPal, RSham, RDruid, and Monk (mind you this is for 10man, we just go os most of the time). If we 3 heal a fight, our disc priest tops charts nearly every time (has 1-9 bound, and CLICKS everything else... obviously least skilled healer we have). Our hpal is usually second, followed by resto shaman, followed by monk, followed by resto druid. If we two heal a fight, Hpal>RSham>Disc>Monk>Druid. Obviously with 3 healing shaman mastery fails to shine, while absorbs dominate the fight. On two heal fights Resto shaman can really show off, with pally heals always being solid.

If anyone needs lovin it's resto druids. If anyone deserves nerfs it's disc priest. I see holy pallys and resto shaman in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    edit2: although Dr still topped Tsulong, go figure.
    Get that priest a raise and his own parking space.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    right now disc priests are by far the strongest healer if you take every aspect into consideration. they have very strong cooldowns, great throughput, very high dps while healing and nice utility. other healers may be similiar in one or two aspects but no healer comes even close overall.

Deleted
    Unless you are all playing at a level with the best in the world then it is highly likely that the healer with the highest level of skill is topping healing meters in your raids.
    If everyone is playing near perfectly then the above comments have some validity and are no doubt of great interest for server 1st guilds.
    The rest of us plugging slowly through the hc mode progression path (or even those of you still progressing in normal) are not even slightly helped by these threads.
    Case in point i play a resto druid and none of the healers we have tryed get close to me on pretty much every fight.
    You will all get more mileage learning to heal better (or dps better) with YOUR class than rerolling to FOTM class.
    You will all get more mileage bringing the better players than the better classes.
    If you MUST consider classes at all then just make sure you have the important buffs covered (hint: hunters can supply pretty much any buff you are lacking) and try and make sure most loot drops will be useful to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You do realize they're the weakest healers for Tsulong's day phase, right? Other than protecting him, their heals are noticbly weaker than every other spec.
    I was being ironic and attempting to point out that there is at least one fight where Disc Priests aren't insanely OP. They might still top healing meters on the fight due to the night phase and raid healing needed during the day phase, but they are going to be pretty worthless on Tsulong during day phase.

Quote Originally Posted by felis View Post
    Unless you are all playing at a level with the best in the world then it is highly likely that the healer with the highest level of skill is topping healing meters in your raids.
    If everyone is playing near perfectly then the above comments have some validity and are no doubt of great interest for server 1st guilds.
    The rest of us plugging slowly through the hc mode progression path (or even those of you still progressing in normal) are not even slightly helped by these threads.
    Case in point i play a resto druid and none of the healers we have tryed get close to me on pretty much every fight.
    You will all get more mileage learning to heal better (or dps better) with YOUR class than rerolling to FOTM class.
    You will all get more mileage bringing the better players than the better classes.
    If you MUST consider classes at all then just make sure you have the important buffs covered (hint: hunters can supply pretty much any buff you are lacking) and try and make sure most loot drops will be useful to someone.
    That "healer with the highest level of skill" going from, say, druid to disc, would probably let you go from 3/2-healing fights to 2/1-healing them instead (normal modes are normal modes). If you, as a druid, are outpreforming a disc, then that disc is going something horribly wrong. Even in terrible gear, it should be dominating you on all fights; on hard fights because of it being a stronger class, and on faceroll fights with shields preventing all your healing.

That's not even getting into how overpowered spirit shell and PW:S are on many fights. It really doesn't make sense that disc isn't the lowest hps healer in the game, considering how much more powerful their shields are in many situations than healing is in those same situations, but considering that it's among the highest HPS healers while also bringing that shielding, and several very strong cooldowns, it's really kind of weird. Atonement is also still hilarious on fights with damage modifiers,.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    i like how people keep thinking that the healer topping the meters is the best :>

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    i like how people keep thinking that the healer topping the meters is the best :>
    When the healer with the highest hps has the second "most" utility and all that hps is in the best mind of healing, absorbs, yes that healer is by FAR in a class of its own. (No pun intended)

Monks still win in night phase Tsulong for throughput by the way. I reach 150k+, haven't seen others sustain that. We also win day phase, 80mil healing to boss/phase. Thts about the only fight we win.

Holy paladins and disc are the two best healers. But no one thinks holy is nearly as good As it actually is. It's Absurd. Disc will be nerfed, and following monks, probably into the ground. So if you want to roll a healers pick holy paladins since they are always the best tank healer and are now competitive raid healers, while being loaded with tons of utility.

PS I'm a Monk and I outperform every class except disc priests in 25m H content which actually requires healing. Farm content aside, anyway.
    In part due to my healing being instant so I end up sniping heals faster than other healer.
    Note-able exceptions: Lei Shi, wind lord, feng (our disc could virtually solo heal the raid here), Gara'jal,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Throughput: Monk
    Cooldowns: Disc Priest
    Utility: Shaman

Overall though Monks are performing extremely well
    Throughput: Disc
    Cooldowns: Disc/Shaman
    Utility: Disc

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Holy paladins and disc are the two best healers. But no one thinks holy is nearly as good As it actually is. It's Absurd. Disc will be nerfed, and following monks, probably into the ground. So if you want to roll a healers pick holy paladins since they are always the best tank healer and are now competitive raid healers, while being loaded with tons of utility.
    Disc was shit for ages, let them have their moment in the sun. As for tank heals, don't shamans outshine pallies due to the wonders of mastery?

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest

Blizzard seems to think so as well with what they did to Mistweavers. The vast majority of WoL healer charts being saturated with them didn't go over so well when the nerf bat was having that foam layer removed before the swing.
    [What's half of minor?]

Our Disc pulled 116k hps and 50k dps on our solo heal of Grand Emp.

Disc all day. It's not even close.

Throughput is not the only meaningful bit of information, but it is still meaningful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Disc was shit for ages
    Wat? No. Disc has been solid since 4.0.2. PW:S buff

Outside of Tsulong Disc Priests are strongest. On Tsulong Monks are strongest.

As with any class or role, it all really depends on who is behind the controls.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.