Thread: The Tribunal

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Yes, I slipped there and I removed it, not swiftly enough for your fingers, it seems.

I have, in fact, ventured in there once or twice, and I remember how it works, because you jolted my memory.

That said, my point stands. I was punished based on 5 cases, 3 of which we agree weren't individually punishable (even though the punishment is based on the 5 cases collectively, not individually). If I were deciding on what to do with someone, I'd weigh the true accusations (the bad cases) against the false accusations (the cases we agree were wrongly reported). Since 3 outweighs 2, I'd pardon.

If not so, how does a Tribune think?
    How do you figure you just have to be an agreeable player more often than a toxic asshole to not be punished? Being alright in 3 out of 5 games does not change the fact that in 2 you deserved to be punished. There is no magical karma here that builds up and lets you cancel out any assholery. For an analogy, if you are accused of stealing 100 phones but turn out to be innocent in 99 of those cases it does not make that one theft you were actually guilty of disappear. You still get punished for breaking the law there. It's the same with Tribunal. You broke the Summoner's Code which you are obliged to follow in those 2 cases. You are punished for this transgression, and acting OK in remaining 3 cases is completely irrelevant.

If you're saying I may have been pardoned for 3 of those games, but not for the other 2, what the hell is the point of it all? How does it make sense that I be banned when only (hypothetically) 2 out 5 games were punishable? Is there no counterweight in the 3 furshlugginer pardons I (hypothetically) received?

Unless, of course, I wasn't pardoned in one or more of those 3 cases in which my remarks we, the fine people of the MMO-Champion discussion boards, agree were more innocuous than toxic, in which case you'll agree the Tribunal erred in its ruling.
    No Being nice in one game does not give you a pass to be a dick in other game. That would be silly.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i agree that having to punish or pardon a whole group of matches isnt the best way, i really wish i could vote based on each individual case. i also wish i could see the chat that happens in the lobby after a match. but no, i dont vote based on the majority. i might be wrong here, but if you have been reported for 4 matches, that i cant find anything wrong in, and one match that i can find all sorts of bad behavior.. yah im clicking punish. your 4 other matches dont mean anything to me. since there are holes in the proof like i said.. you coulda been a jerk after the game.
    That is something I think people do not get, which I do not understand about them. They seem to forget that while the other 4 reports may not be bannable, even warrant a warning, but that one report in which can get you banned is all that matters because 4 good reports does not negate that bad report. We are punishing based on the bad, not pardoning it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Being nice in one game does not give you a pass to be a dick in other game.
    This explains the tribunal, and why your ban was not unjustified, as simply as it's possible. You can't misunderstand that.

And that concludes this topic.

I'm talking about the really bad games. When a team objectively (i.e. according to virtually everyone in the game) underperforms, saying 'wp' to me sounds ironic and remiss, a kind of self-aggrandizement along the lines of "we won, and we're even saying you played well, to dignify our victory and feel better about ourselves".
    Don't say anything then? Saves u getting banned and you can still have fun.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Don't worry, Caine. I'm not of the belief that being an exemplary gem in game 1 makes you a tolerable thorn in game 7. I simply meant that your rate of toxicity should matter, but upon reading some of the Tribunal FAQs, I see that it does, and I guess I've been overstepping the boundaries of my quota.

Well, I'm all out of arguments. I'm glad I started this discussion, because I learned a lot about the Tribunal. I hope this time will be different; I hope I'll better be able to restrain myself in future, and mute when needed.

Thanks for your input, guys. Good luck on the Fields of Justice.

By the way, Teemo's more toxic than I am, somebody report him.

Don't get me started on Singed

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I'm glad this topic was able to come to a good end!

Many good games to you, sir.

Deleted
    Don't worry, Caine. I'm not of the belief that being an exemplary gem in game 1 makes you a tolerable thorn in game 7. I simply meant that your rate of toxicity should matter, but upon reading some of the Tribunal FAQs, I see that it does, and I guess I've been overstepping the boundaries of my quota.

Well, I'm all out of arguments. I'm glad I started this discussion, because I learned a lot about the Tribunal. I hope this time will be different; I hope I'll better be able to restrain myself in future, and mute when needed.

Thanks for your input, guys. Good luck on the Fields of Justice.

By the way, Teemo's more toxic than I am, somebody report him.
    Honestly, the best way is to adhere to a rule I usually find bullshit: if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything. If someone calls you out over bullshit just don't reply, if someone is playing terribly just assume they are having a bad game. There is no point arguing and descending into profanity over internet , it's not worth the nerves.

By the way, a person who can agree to being wrong on internet is a rare gem. If you can do that you can restrain yourself in the games too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I'm glad this topic was able to come to a good end!

Many good games to you, sir.
    And to you, devilishly handsome Dexter with reportably oversized chin!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, the best way is to adhere to a rule I usually find bullshit: if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything. If someone calls you out over bullshit just don't reply, if someone is playing terribly just assume they are having a bad game. There is no point arguing and descending into profanity over internet , it's not worth the nerves.
    I try follow the same creed, at least when I'm in a good mood. The times I lash out are when madness prevails and my visceral compulsions take over. I really wish there were a fail-safe for when my brain goes ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    By the way, a person who can agree to being wrong on internet is a rare gem. If you can do that you can restrain yourself in the games too. :P
    Here's to cultivating the internet, one byte at a time!

I'm a complete asshole whenever I play this game and I've never gotten banned. So I don't feel afraid it's gonna happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed. Topic is done with.

-Duronos
    Hey everyone