New rogue ability? Murderous intent

I think rogues need a new spell, all classes have alot of cool new spells and we go only shadow blades which is ok, but our dmg, survivality and mobility is horrible. We are the only class that has to sacrifice enormously high amount of either dmg or survivality to gain mobility, survivality and mobility to gain damage. I miss the cold blood ability, I think we need to get new ability, here is the idea:
    MURDEROUS INTENT
    passive
    Both your mainhand and offhand autoattacks apply "Murderous Intent" buff on you, increasing the critical strike chance of your autoattacks by 0,5% for 5 seconds, when reaching 50 stacks you automaticaly gain Mayhem buff:
    Mayhem
    Increases your critical hit chance by 100% of your combo point generators for 20 sec, the critical chance is decreased by 25% every time you use any kind of finishing move. You are healed for 30% of damage dealt during Mayhem but you also take 30% additional damage. Mayhem can be gained only once every 2 minutes.
    Using this ability manualy resets the stacks of murderious intent or removes Mayhem buff if active.

(drag this ability to your action bar, and when you know you cant be on the target to deal dmg and heal back the dmg you take or you have too many stacks and you want to time it with your cds, you can reset the stacsk by clicking on the ability, or remove Mayhem buff if its active.)

Nice boost that involves autoattacks, finishing moves, cp generators, it forces you to think strategicaly. If we want to time it we have to stop the autoattacks. It enhances our surivality and damage but give us the choice. What to use in that situation when we get the Mayhem buff. In pvp its not op if we take into consideration where we are now what we lost and how it improves gameplay. In pve, the passive increases our dps but not that much to be worried that we will be op compared to other classes.

Theoreticaly this would be a very interesting and funny ability.
    I would like to know your opinion Discuss.
    Last edited by Mattiel; 2012-12-13 at 11:21 AM.

I'm quite fond of the concept, but honestly, we don't need this strong of a boost. DPS wise, we're fine. The fact it's so passive would, I imagine, make the 30% healing against 30% damage taken be horrific in pve scenarios, it would certainly cause us to physically stop dpsing when we knew aoe damage was incoming.

It's also extremely passive, putting even further emphasis on auto attacks and slice and dice, something many rogues would hope we move away from.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

No more passive things please just take damage away from my white swings and let my spells and stuff hurt

Just remove snd (autoattack feels very outdated when compared to modern mmos's combat system, snd even more) and make cp builders hit harder

Deleted
    This wouldn't be a good addition for several different reasons.

-Passive, people are complaining about passive things already.
    -Completely destroys critrating for Rogues. We just got rid of passive crit chance increases and now critrating is actually not that bad of a thing to have on your gear.
    -Familiar with the term Killme Spree? People use it to mock the Killing Spree ability which in some cases downright kills the user in some creative way. Now suddenly we get another cooldown that increases our DPS but has a high potential to randomly kill you. High damage AoEs seem to be a thing this tier.

My personal opinion is that we have enough DPS cooldowns already. Now something in the lines of ''the whole raid takes 10% more damage, and gets healed for 10% of the damage they do'' would be a fun little addition. I think Rogues deserve an actual raid utility spell by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    This wouldn't be a good addition for several different reasons.

-Passive, people are complaining about passive things already.
    -Completely destroys critrating for Rogues. We just got rid of passive crit chance increases and now critrating is actually not that bad of a thing to have on your gear.
    -Familiar with the term Killme Spree? People use it to mock the Killing Spree ability which in some cases downright kills the user in some creative way. Now suddenly we get another cooldown that increases our DPS but has a high potential to randomly kill you. High damage AoEs seem to be a thing this tier.

My personal opinion is that we have enough DPS cooldowns already. Now something in the lines of ''the whole raid takes 10% more damage, and gets healed for 10% of the damage they do'' would be a fun little addition. I think Rogues deserve an actual raid utility spell by now.
    Two things:
    1. I disagree regarding us having enough cooldowns as it is. Combat is fine, true, but Assassination and Subtlety feel left out, I'd say. Shadow Blades doesn't make for a good cooldown for those specific specs. I'd rather have Shadow Blades become Combat only and then have some better cooldowns take its place in the other specs.

2. I made the suggestion a while back; Make Tricks of the Trade a raid-wide Feint cooldown. Feint is already an overpowered tool for AOE damage reduction. Giving us the opportunity to share it with the entire raid, once ever 2 minutes or so, would be incredibly beneficial, and it'd simultaneously also get rid of Tricks in its current abominable form!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Two things:
    1. I disagree regarding us having enough cooldowns as it is. Combat is fine, true, but Assassination and Subtlety feel left out, I'd say. Shadow Blades doesn't make for a good cooldown for those specific specs. I'd rather have Shadow Blades become Combat only and then have some better cooldowns take its place in the other specs.
    Yes, Shadow Blades is a crappy and very uninteresting cooldown. Regardless it's still this extra cooldown you need to manage. Vendetta, Shadow Blades and technically Vanish is enough in my opinion. But it's just that, an opinion. I really don't think adding more offensive cooldowns is going to cause any good for the class.

But we're completely on the same line regarding Shadow Blades here. Still can't believe after all the class revamps, changes, and new flashy spells added we basically got something that gives us a free Envenom (for Assassination) and makes our hands emit some shadowy confetti if you zoom in enough. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    T2. I made the suggestion a while back; Make Tricks of the Trade a raid-wide Feint cooldown. Feint is already an overpowered tool for AOE damage reduction. Giving us the opportunity to share it with the entire raid, once ever 2 minutes or so, would be incredibly beneficial, and it'd simultaneously also get rid of Tricks in its current abominable form!
    Two things I would like to see changed about the Rogue class are exactly those. A raid-wide utility cooldown, and a reason for us to press Tricks of the Trade other than boosting that overpowered Mage's damage even more. Tricks especially isn't a fun thing for us to use. It costs us DPS to give someone else some DPS. Yea, great. While we're at it can't we make it so we poison other people's weapons instead of our own? We don't need that DPS anyway.

*walks off into the distance while mumbling something about tricks of the trade*