Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Icecrown the first time with booming music, Nagrand, Goldshire, Stormwind gates the first time ever again with the booming music, westfall dueling people and meeting new friends at sentinel hill.

Winterspring was also a huge one, grinding for that mount was a long grind but totally worth it, not to mention i love that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    The "type delete to delete your toon screen" is mine. Also, the "World of Warcraft" has been uninstalled too.
    oh go away will you?

howling fjord, as I always levelled there first on my characters, and eversong woods as that was the first zone my paladin started in.

also wintergrasp was pretty memorable from wrath.

For me the most memorable place in WoW (seeing as it's technically not in Azeroth) is standing at the top of Black Temple in front of Illidan and looking up at the world of Azeroth in the sky. That was a pretty magical feeling.

Deleted
    ashenvale (before cataclysm) hands down. first time for me clashing with the horde.

dun morogh (fu*king yetis!) blew my mind too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    For me the most memorable place in WoW (seeing as it's technically not in Azeroth) is standing at the top of Black Temple in front of Illidan and looking up at the world of Azeroth in the sky. That was a pretty magical feeling.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 05:09 AM ----------

Blackfathom Deeps. My first real instance, ever. I tanked it on my warrior. We didn't have a clue what we were doing and wiped repeatedly, but god, we had a blast. Just getting there was an adventure in itself. The atmosphere of the place was awesome. The horror on the sunken buildings in the first room, being randomly attacked from underwater. Laughing at Ghamoorha. The hidden little corners, each hiding their own boss or secret quest. Getting the nifty buff from the altar. Sheer terror when someone went into the water, magnified at Baron Aquanis' sudden appearance. Getting mind-controled by the patrolling mobs. Exaltation at defeating Lord Kelris, followed shortly by a swift death to summoned monsters as we foolishly clicked on the candles. The epic (to us) battle with Akuma, and sheer delight at finding out we got a port back to Teldrassil.

Honorable mentions:
    Shadowmoon Valley. A dark zone of terror when I was leveling to 70. Standing amid the green flame and lava, looking up at the Hand of Gul'dan.
    Blackrock Mountain. Standing in the Burning Steppe, hoping I wouldn't run into more mobs that I could handle, and seeing the door leading into the volcano. I'd heard tons of stories about what lay within, and I now I'd get to see for myself.
    Skettis. A fell and dangerous place, yet somehow I felt compelled to return, again and again. :-)
    Coldarra. A welcome change of pace from Boring Tundra. The icy rings and the stream of magical power blasting upwards were beautiful.
    Waterfalls above Stormwind and Elwynn Forest, where you could see (but never reach) that little cottage, and catch Peacebloom by fishing in the pool.

Pre-Cata Ashenvale. Winterspring a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound911 View Post
    Icecrown the first time with booming music, Nagrand, Goldshire, Stormwind gates the first time ever again with the booming music, westfall dueling people and meeting new friends at sentinel hill.

Winterspring was also a huge one, grinding for that mount was a long grind but totally worth it, not to mention i love that zone.

oh go away will you?
    When they get rid of the Dragonball Z thread, Diablo 3 Rift Minecraft and the whole Off-topic thread, That is the time I will stop coming to this site. So no, I will not go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone starts somewhere... day 1 of me playing, running up to this massive city. Best moment in the game that nothing can ever top.

Killing motherfucking quillboar and the sounds they make in the old barrens

every time i kill one of those on my many alts the sound they make when they die always brings back memories to me

Deleted
    blood elf starting area, still think it's very harmonious and atmospheric, the landscapes, the colours, the music..
    also storm peaks, the atmosphere is just awesome

Eversong Woods, beautiful place and that's where I leveled my first character. Followed up by the Ghostlands as it was my second zone and it was entirely different from the previous forest. Good old TBC days. When I went to Orgrimmar for the first time, at level 25, everything felt so massive and confusing. Everything was interesting - an entire world of mysterious to explore.

#3 Altar of Storms - Burning Steppes
    I somehow made it this far in the game without knowing what I was doing, so I was randomly running around the map, when I saw this. It was so intriguing, I ran in and decided to kill the mobs there, and I was disappointed when nothing of interest happened. I remember that the statues seemed imposing, and I was expecting more fun at this place, but I ventured back here multiple times so that I could get see the statues again, because they looked beautiful.
    #2 Icecrown
    The first time I flew into this zone, the change in sky and weather was strange, and everywhere I looked I could see undead. I had not been here prior to level 80, and didn't bother until partway through 3.1. I remember that as soon as I realised where I was, I flew to ICC as soon as possible, and viewed it in all it's glory. I thought is was an amazing structure, and it was my favourite building from Wrath
    #1 The Dark Portal - Hellfire Peninsula
    I joined sometime during BC, and this is probably my most vivid memory from then. I passed through on Azeroth's side, and I remember after the loading screen was done, being impressed by how much larger the portal in Outland was compared to the one in Azeroth. Then I saw the massive fight going on, and I jumped in without any thinking. Needless to say, I died. Still, it was an awesome memory, just seeing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Deleted
    Strangletorn vale,So loved it when i leveled my first char

Shadowglen and Moongalde are the most memorable for me. Such beautiful places.

grizzly hills and Nagrand. The level 0-60 areas I zoomed past so quickly - maybe duskwood because it had a good atmosphere especially when it rained.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    I can't help but think this was one of the most awesome rooms in wow up to now.

Deleted
    I'm amazed this isn't in here yet:

Deleted
    Yeah right. It would be Karazahn followed by UBRS. I loved Kara. Did it over and over again no matter how good the gear was.

I also like the new AddOn but i stopped playing. Life has changed since then but i would really say Thank You to Blizzard for giving me this wonderful time with WoW i had back in BC. Best gaming experience so far.

The first time I had to go to Stormwind was at level 15 to train 2 handed sword skill with Master Woo. I'd been playing WOW about a week and was completely hooked, but so far I'd only seen Teldrassil, Darkshore, and Ashenvale, so the game was pretty much all about night elves and night elf lands to me.

Seeing the way the terrain was so radically different in style and atmosphere when I walked from Menethil Harbor to Stormwind was my favorite video game moment ever. On that walk specifically I recall the sounds of the Wetlands reminding me of Africa with the wilerbeest sounds and the weird silver look to the sun, and the mountain passes and tunnels between the Wetlands and Loch Modan.

When you walk out of the first tunnel and make that sharp zigzag U turn that goes back up into a new mountain tunnel, just before where you go back in the tunnel where sometimes a Dragonmaw orc spawns, there is a great scenic view of the Wetlands. There are also dwarven ruins all over the mountains you see poking out and I was just caught up wondering if somehow I'd someday be inside those mountains looking out the window able to recognize this lonely mountain road. I guess that would be the place, though Loch Modan's fat green pine trees and Dun Morogh's snow caked pines and cobblestones come close.

But Teldrassil in many ways means more to me.

It's a shame what burn out can do to these places. It's almost like you don't even see them anymore after seeing them for the 100,000th time.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-12-12 at 01:17 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, tirisfall glades. More specifically the Agamand Mills. other than that, most forsaken areas and the night elf ones.
    The forsaken needs to take over some night elf territory, so we can have a night elf zone with the new forsaken architecture! That would be so awesome.