The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Resurrection wait-timer

Maybe I've missed something, but why is there a Resurrection wait-timer if you've been killed X times?
    It's not my fault that I'm being corpse camped by a group of lvl 90's. Is this a form of penalty for not being strong enough to solo 10+ people?

I never understood it.

Can someone enlighten me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without it, dying would have no penalty.

Its the punishment that stops you from doing the same suicidal action multiple times. It also helps out in world PvP situations, because you eventually get to the point where the other guy won't be back for 2 mins.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

i forget the reason why but it is a pvp issue..in WSG lets say..you killed someone right next to there GY well yeah you have the 30 second rez timer but even without that whats to stop them from consta spawning on you?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Corpserunning for 2+ min seems like a legit penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Its the punishment that stops you from doing the same suicidal action multiple times. It also helps out in world PvP situations, because you eventually get to the point where the other guy won't be back for 2 mins.
    Yet somehow they always are...

To prevent a zerg rush on a world boss.

To slow down the corpse camping QQ GM tickets on PvP realms?

My example of the timer working well is the DMF arena. Without it the battle would be endless. With it, each person is gone for longer each time they die, until only one is left alive.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    It's not my fault that I'm being corpse camped by a group of lvl 90's. Is this a form of penalty for not being strong enough to solo 10+ people
    Different subject entirely. If there was no timer in that situation, they'd just keep killing you as you rez every ten to thirty seconds after running back. Honestly, I wish they'd add a feature they seem to be specifically avoiding: relocate your corpse to another nearby graveyard.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Different subject entirely. If there was no timer in that situation, they'd just keep killing you as you rez every ten to thirty seconds after running back. Honestly, I wish they'd add a feature they seem to be specifically avoiding: relocate your corpse to another nearby graveyard.
    They have that feature it just so happens it places a 10min debuff on you for taking the easy way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's a rather good idea.. Or if you've killed the same person twice in a row within 2 min, you actually lose the honor-points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I would think the dying was penalty enough. Res wait timers and sickness are archaic methods of wasting our time. I can't think of another genre other than MMOs where it's acceptable to through up little time sinks as a "penalty" for death as well as making up for lost progress from the spawn point. 30 secs is fine as a wait timer to spawn, any thing longer is just taking the piss. I'm off the opinion that the failure is enough penalty without adding two mins plus wait times where we watch our monitors vacantly waiting for the timer to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    That's a rather good idea.. Or if you've killed the same person twice in a row within 2 min, you actually lose the honor-points.
    IDK if this system is still in place, but the honor you got from killing the same person had diminishing returns every time you killed them within a certain time period.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I would think the dying was penalty enough. Res wait timers and sickness are archaic methods of wasting our time. I can't think of another genre other than MMOs where it's acceptable to through up little time sinks as a "penalty" for death as well as making up for lost progress from the spawn point. 30 secs is fine as a wait timer to spawn, any thing longer is just taking the piss. I'm off the opinion that the failure is enough penalty without adding two mins plus wait times where we watch our monitors vacantly waiting for the timer to end.
    It's better than losing 10% xp and potential lvls every time you die.