Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H elegon soaking total annihilation

Icy-Veins has the damage at 500k. So assuming an average hp of 380k you would need a class with an at least >20% damage reduction CD. For those who've done this which classes did you guys implement? How many players per rotation (1st phase) was enough?

Deleted
    The damage from the blast isnt really the problem, it's the stun/dot you get after the blast. And you need to be healed up to irc to 75-80% hp before it vanishes.

We have me as a mage, a spriest and a shaman soaking. We only get 2 adds in the first phase, and 3 in the second.

Deleted
    We use a spriest, warlock and monk

Quote Originally Posted by Megabaken View Post
    The damage from the blast isnt really the problem, it's the stun/dot you get after the blast. And you need to be healed up to irc to 75-80% hp before it vanishes.

We have me as a mage, a spriest and a shaman soaking. We only get 2 adds in the first phase, and 3 in the second.
    Does iceblock from mage also negate the subsequent dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    We use a spriest, warlock and monk
    So 3 people can take it every phase 1 ie: the 2 min debuff wears off before the 1st add spawns in the 2nd 1st phase

Deleted
    We only had 2 protectors on the first phase 1, 3 on the second. Same people took it so I guess it did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    Does iceblock from mage also negate the subsequent dot?
    No, I've speced improved invisibility for the 90% damage reduction, so just pop that before it goes boom

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    So 3 people can take it every phase 1 ie: the 2 min debuff wears off before the 1st add spawns in the 2nd 1st phase
    Yeah, the ballphase takes quiet a long time, so the debuff will have worn off

I haven't actually done the fight on heroic, but I expect monks to excel at soaking this with Zen Meditation and/or Diffuse Magic.

I want to say that we use Priests, Hunters, Mages, and Locks. We had 4 groups of 3 soakers assigned when we were doing progression.

We got two protectors in the first phase 1 and three in the second. We used rogue feint, paladin divine protection, hunter deterrence, moonkin symbiosis anti-magic shell, monk diffuse, warlock dark bargain and they all worked fine.

Here's a video if it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC592K25dTg Done quite recently we killed it two weeks ago.
    Dungeon journal tells you the number of players you need. One per protector on 10-man three per protector on 25.

Deleted
    Mages can take it with talented invisibility

we had
    warlock , hunter and mage do it

We use our tanks (Monk and DK) then a Shadow Priest. They usually only take 1-2 heals to drop the stun if any at all.

You want to use your highest damage reductions (no immunities; those don't work). The stun is the main issue. Even with a 65% reduction (my Feint), the stun is really annoying to heal.

Recently we've only been getting 2 Protectors total (1 each phase). As long as you can hit 2-3 per phase, you should be able to cover them with any reasonable raid comp.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-11 at 09:15 PM.

Warlock, SP, Monk and Mage can soak it without getting stunned. A druid with Symb Dispersion can probably do the same thing, but we haven't tried that yet. Any other DPS classes (rogue, hunter, DK, shaman, pally) can soak as well, but they get stunned and will require some heals.

For my guild (25), we use this rotation:
    1st - SP + Lock + Lock
    2nd - Monk x 3
    3rd - DK (AMZ + AMS + IBF) + Rogue + Hunter. I don't know if there was any extra cd from healers, these soakers need to be healed up, though.
    4th - during the first few (2? 3?) kills, sometimes we messed up the energy charges and only get 4 waves, lead to a longer 2nd phase one and the 4th Protector. If this happens just use your two tanks + a healer.

We used rogue, spriest, hunter. It's rare for any of them get stunned from the hit, but they often have a shield, aegis or shell on them when it's happening, too. Many classes can do it, and we had a mage as 4th on "just in case we suck and get a 4th add" in the line up just in case, but we could have just as easily gone with a warlock. The tank carrying the add off the platform can pop a CD or two and survive. I've also heard disc priests soaking it with CDs/absorptions, though that would likely require the other healer to come free them, and you'd get behind in heals. Actually, I can stack up about 600k in absorptions.. that might be fun to try some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    We used rogue, spriest, hunter.
    The rogue isn't getting stunned with just Feint+Elusiveness+absorbs? Cloak of Shadows did not work when I tried it during progression.

Also, what does the hunter use? I didn't think Deterrence worked and I can't think of any serious defensives they have besides that.

Deleted
    A DK is very useful, they can use 2 AMZs, 1 in each phase, if the AMZ is placed as he starts casting annihilation it will absorb 100% of the damage, so no stun. And the dk doesn't even have to be the one soaking.

Deleted
    We have used rogue/monk/mage/lock/hunter/warrior, I'm pretty sure the rest of the classes have cds for it and tbh you only need 3 people since you shouldn't get more adds than that in the 2nd p1 (with 2 in the 1st).
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-12-14 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    When you have mage soaking, let them use Alter Time before running out, that way you need no heal on them and they wiĺl be just returned inside Elegon bubble with 100% health

10+ Year Old Account
    We had the first tank soak the first explosion, second tank soak the second explosion. After the phase changes, we had a Spriest disperse and soak an explosion, then I believe the two tanks took turns soaking again.

If you have a disc priest, and you are using a tank to soak, I HIGHLY recommend using that priest ability that swaps your health. It will allow the tank to get back into the fight for tauntswapping and such much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Both our mages soak it with cauterize, I do with zen meditation and our hunter with deterrence.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch