Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So apparently I'm going to get banned for a dumb reason

Suddenly feel like playing WoW. My Account is registered American, and Ive been playing in Korea for two years no problem

All of a sudden my trial accounts are banned for no reason, and when I ticket Blizzard, they legitimately said this.

"Because they were being played from a different location from the accounts registered location."

When the fuck did they enforce this? Does this mean if I sub again and try to play, they'll just ban my main Acc?

Deleted
    Its not your account.

Its blizzy's account and they can play volley ball with it after you paid 2 years of full sub .. just because they woke up feeling like it.

Next !

Yeah, your perma-ban is imminent

10+ Year Old Account
    good luck playing GW2 or planetside!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hai Salandrin.

Happened to me too, and that was the difference between the Netherlands and Denmark, an even shorter distance. It's a safety measure that has saved more people a headache, than it has inconvenienced. You can appeal it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

What Justforthis123 said. Its their account. If you take your time to read through all those rules shit. There is probably somthing there explaining your situation. My advice would be to create a new account for your country.

Deleted
    Contact the support and get them to change the country. Not sure if its possible across regions, but I've done it from Denmark to Finland when I moved. You just need to verify that you are the owner of the account by passport or something like it, then they'll transfer to a new country.

God, I hope that doesn't happen to me o_o have had my account registered in Sweden for as long as i care to remember, since you can't RaF or SoR if it's registered in Denmark..
    But ye, try to appeal it and change the country. Good luck!

This is silly. Stop portraying Blizzard as some unfair evil company. People move abroad all the time, you're not special. It's unusual for an account to log in from international points other than hackers, so they watch this stuff to make sure you're not a hacker.

Try actually talking to Blizzard like a reasonable human being and drop the attitude and preconceived notions as if you're being persecuted or wronged.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

So do not attempt to sub or play, and contact first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So do not attempt to sub or play, and contact first?
    I'd contact first. If it's your account you have nothing to worry about. Guildie had his account locked cause he started playing from Boston on Mists Launch when he was there for work (from Europe) He just had to send them proof of his ID with a current newspaper to show he was indeed the owner, and he could play again no problem

Deleted
    Suddenly feel like playing WoW. My Account is registered American, and Ive been playing in Korea for two years no problem

All of a sudden my trial accounts are banned for no reason, and when I ticket Blizzard, they legitimately said this.

"Because they were being played from a different location from the accounts registered location."

When the fuck did they enforce this? Does this mean if I sub again and try to play, they'll just ban my main Acc?
    Yay, another one who can't contact the fucking customer support before whining on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'd contact first. If it's your account you have nothing to worry about. Guildie had his account locked cause he started playing from Boston on Mists Launch when he was there for work (from Europe) He just had to send them proof of his ID with a current newspaper to show he was indeed the owner, and he could play again no problem
    Cool thanks

I used to live in the Netherlands, still have my Dutch passpport... moved to India permanently since jan of this year. Alos playing (obviously) from India now, where I used to play from netherlands. Acc is registered from NL. haven't had any issues yet with account being banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I read it somewhere, but cannot find it... anyway it was also related to having an authenticator or not. They are more strict in blocking accounts that log in from an irregular location if they also don't have an authenticator. No idea if that's true, but it would make sense really...

I don't believe you.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Call and talk to the support about it, they'll help you.

I moved from UK to Hong Kong 2 years ago, and didn't change my account address because we were initially only staying for 12 months, and we kept our UK house and bank accounts. Even though I explained all this to Blizzard and the service reps said they 'white flagged' my account (whatever that means) I would occasionally get a temporary ban for 'game exploitation' . I would ring them up and explain the situation, point out that I had an authenticator on the account and they would undo the ban. After 2 temp bans, I got a perma ban -also undone when I rang them up.

After 12 months, we decided we were staying. I looked at changing my account address, but it always directed me to the Tawain site, which was all in Chinese. I emailed Blizzard again asking them how to do it, and they responded back that it was illegal to play World of Warcraft in China (although I live in Hong Kong where it is totally legal).

So I just added a US account to my battlenet because the lag to EU servers was a killer, and carried on playing. That was 18 months ago and since then I haven't been banned and I haven't changed my account address. Maybe they just stuck me in the too hard pile.

Now we are going to be spending 6 months in France and 6 in Hong Kong, wonder how Blizz will cope with that! Although I appreciate this is all done to keep my account out of the gold sellers and botters hands, I think that with an authenticator, people that travel around the world could be cut a bit of slack. It's like trying to break into Fort Knox sometimes getting through Blizzard security. And standing beside the entrance to HoL the other day, it doesn't seem to stop the hackers.

Deleted
    Friend of mine also had some problems when he moved to south-korea.
    He just contacted Blizz and they stopped caring about the location.
    Guess its just too hard for people to contact the company first, making forum posts on to unofficial forums is top priority.
    Its evil Blizzard after all, blocking me for accessing my own account!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evianir View Post
    Contact the support and get them to change the country. Not sure if its possible across regions, but I've done it from Denmark to Finland when I moved. You just need to verify that you are the owner of the account by passport or something like it, then they'll transfer to a new country.
    I don't know, but I think you can safely move from one country to another, if it is in the same region.
    I moved from Belgium to The Netherlands, and the only thing I have done was change my address and emailaddress on my battle net account.