Thread: CPU Performance

Deleted

CPU Performance

Hi guys. I'm fairely new to the PC / Builds / Components world and only built my first "Gaming" PC a year ago, since i was on a really low budget (and from other people advices) i decided to go for AMD since it was cheaper... I'm still happy with it but I have been thinking its time for an upgrade.

So I have been doing some research about if I should go AMD or Intel, and i got to the conclusion Intel is just better... but also more expensive.

Now the real question I have is: if you were to do regular stuff in a pc with an I3 3220 and then the same thing but in a pc with an FX 4100 would you be able to tell the diference if you were not told which one is which, had no access to benchmarks, fps numbers or any kind of tests, could you feel / see a diference just by using it?

I'm not trying to start a war here, it's just that when i look for info, benchmarks show that one wins by 4 - 7 fps in certain situation, and most of the times they show numbers that i can't even understand. Should a guy like me, that one uses the pc for casual stuff and doesn't mind lowering graphics in games just so he can get it working smoothly, pay... lets say 10 - 20€ more for something he might not even tell there is a difference? or am I completly wrong about this?

(I chose those CPU's simply because of their similar price.)

Quote Originally Posted by diay View Post
    Now the real question I have is: if you were to do regular stuff in a pc with an I3 3220 and then the same thing but in a pc with an FX 4100 would you be able to tell the diference if you were not told which one is which, had no access to benchmarks, fps numbers or any kind of tests, could you feel / see a diference just by using it?
    With both processors at stock speed and outside big raids in MMORPGs (WoW, Rift, SWToR or GW2) you will not see any difference. In big raids i3 would be notably (but not night and day) faster.

Overclocking the FX-4300 would negate the difference between the two again even in MMORPGs and make the AMD faster in everything else.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-12-11 at 11:13 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.