10+ Year Old Account

HM Will Spark Soak Questions

Hey guys, we're starting HM Will tonight and I was trying to puzzle out the best way to deal with sparks

Raid Comp:
    Blood DK / Guardian Druid

Disc Priest / Resto Druid

Ret Paladin
    BM/Surv Hunter
    Assn Rogue
    Arms/Fury Warrior
    Aff/Demo Warlock
    Ele Shaman
    Fire Mage

This comp lists our 11 player roster. The paladin and shaman can be heals as well.

I was thinking of having the Hunter soak all of the Rage sparks, and just pooling rages until the talented CD on deterrence comes around every minute or so.

I was also planning on having the rogue soak the courage sparks, as the cds seem to line up pretty well with each courage coming out.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing here? Any tips or tricks you think I could benefit from?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by edlike; 2012-12-11 at 10:51 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apologize in taking the lazy say out and not actually investigating your list fully... but here's how we deal with them (on heroic 10-man, if it matters):

Shadow priest, ret paladin, windwalker monk for the rage sparks; they rotate between them, communicating as needed.
    DK for the strength sparks.
    Mage, aff 'lock for the courage sparks; alternating.

We don't pool the rages, so you'll have to get a little creative with CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Raid Comp:
    Blood DK / Guardian Druid

Disc Priest / Resto Druid

Ret Paladin
    BM/Surv Hunter
    Assn Rogue
    Arms/Fury Warrior
    Aff/Demo Warlock
    Ele Shaman
    Fire Mage
    - Rogue on Strength (Feint with talented Elusiveness)
    - Warlock on Courages
    - Hunter can take every 2nd set of Rage sparks
    - Fire Mage & Ret Pally the other two spark waves, your rogue can assist with cloak of shadows on rage sparks if something goes wrong (ice block misplaced, too long greater invis cd for example).

If you're having healing problems take the ele shaman for the last spot (makes stacking in the center easier and allows putting down occasional healing rains), otherwise the warrior for rallying cry / banners.

I would do it like this:

Rage Sparks (2 at once): Hunter Deterrence > Rogue Cloak > Hunter Deterrence > rDruid Sym Deterrence > Repeat
    Strength/Courage Sparks: (priority; highest available takes it) Bubble > Feint+Elusiveness > Lock/Shaman/Mage/Warrior

Have your Disc throw an absorb on Strength/Courage soakers and make sure they're at 100% too. You can live through it with just like 40% reduction, an absorb, and 100% hp.

CCing every other set was pretty annoying for our group. You have enough immunities to just rotate them on every set, so I would go that way.

Deleted
    Without a reliable way of stacking the adds (aka one dps DK mass griping them) it becomes rather annoying to cc and kill them, you might even end up losing dps on the bosses. Plus, to have the hunter do them all I think you will have to stack 6 rages (there are 65 seconds between the first appearing and the third pair, and even if there is a pause of 40 secs then, I think you may end having to kill 6 some times... check it just in case.)

6 waves of rages at start:
    wave 1: kill sparks (nothing else up really, why not?)
    wave 2: hunter deterrence
    wave 3: rogue cloak
    wave 4: hunter deterrence
    wave 5: resto druid deterrence
    wave 6: hunter deterrence

After that, they come in waves of 3, so hunter/resto druid/hunter deterrence.

---

Strengths:

rogue soaks them all with either feint or cloak.

----

Courages:

First courage - Paladin
    Second (and every courage thereafter) - mage or warlock, pick one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Without a reliable way of stacking the adds (aka one dps DK mass griping them) it becomes rather annoying to cc and kill them, you might even end up losing dps on the bosses. Plus, to have the hunter do them all I think you will have to stack 6 rages (there are 65 seconds between the first appearing and the third pair, and even if there is a pause of 40 secs then, I think you may end having to kill 6 some times... check it just in case.)
    I was soaking all rage sparks , except the first wave , since our pala tank was free and had nothing to do at that point.
    You don't need 6 in order to have hunter soaking them : 4 is perfectly viable.
    The way we did it was roughly like this : 1st rages>tank soak 2nd rages>myself (hunter) 3rd rages>CC 4th rages>hunter 5th>cc 6th>hunter

After that you have small "break"-then you just repeat the process until you kill them: hunter>cc>hunter>break
    We used rogue to soak every Strength spark with Feint and he saved his cloak for hairy moments if those occur.
    Our SP was on Courage sparks.
    Had mage/lock /Hpala/Rdruid (with deterrence ) ready to back up if needed.
    We didn't have DK to help stacking up those tho, guess it would be much easier. Still it was doable with some coordination of crowd control.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies. Has anyone been 3 healing this or is 2 the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Has anyone been 3 healing this or is 2 the way to go?
    3 is unnecessary. 2 all day.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We do it that way:
    Rogue soaks all single sparks (Strengths and Courages)
    For double sparks (Rages) we have this priority: Hunter detterence - SP Dispersion - Rogue cloak (whatever is avaliable).
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Squirl said, two-heal.