[Frost] Another Haste thread for Frost

Firstly...what does it mean that I have 16.53% Haste, but when I mouse hover it shows that I have 3,786 (8.91%)? What's the difference between those two numbers? Same goes for all stats when you mouse hover and get the numbers in parenthesis.

Secondly...since Haste is our best stat are we to absolutely stack it as high as possible right now with no regard to Crit or Mastery? If I reforge I lose a good chunk of Crit for a couple % gain in Haste. Is that always the better option? Or should we always aim for at least say...10%-12% Crit or something like that? Currently my Frostbolt is something like 1.72 second cast, so I assume stacking Haste as high as the sun is the best option for me regardless of how low my Crit / Mastery go in return correct?

Finally. I've read the sticky. I'm using the Icy Veins Glyph mostly because it looks and feels cool, and I assume sooner or later I'd hit that Haste cap to use it anyway, so there's no need to bring that up.

1. I think the 3786 is haste you get exclusively from your gear. The other haste comes from buffs, frost armor and so on I assume

2. I think you will always have a basic crit of about 15% - 20% depending on gear as there will always be some crit on your gear. Since you have a massive crit modifier on frozen targets I think it doesn't really matter if you have 80% or 100% crit chance. What matters more is the number of procs you get.

This is how your crit value against frozen targets is calculated: your current crit value * 2 + 50% - so if you have 15% crit, you get 15% * 2 + 50% = 80%

3. This glyph is discusses pretty controversial because of the haste you loose on your Frostbolt and your chosen Mage bomb. Frostbolt shouldn't matter because inofficialy it should increase the chance for a FoF proc by 20%, BUT frostbomb does not profit that much from increased damage. If you're not in a super hardcore progression guild I would just play arround and see what you feel the most comfortable with/works best for your DPS.

Deleted
    1- 8.91% (gear) + 7% (frost armor) = 16.53% (1.0891*1.07=1.1653)
    2- don't forget te 3% crit suppression on boss but our crit went from gear, intellect and non-reforged crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    This is how your crit value against frozen targets is calculated: your current crit value * 2 + 50% - so if you have 15% crit, you get 15% * 2 + 50% = 80%
    (crit_value - 3) * 2 + 50

(15% - 3%) * 2 + 50 = 74%

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    (crit_value - 3) * 2 + 50

(15% - 3%) * 2 + 50 = 74%
    You're absolutely right. Sorry I forgot about that