Thread: #Yolo#Swag.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've used the word "swag" to describe a super slow care free walking style common among more "hip" folk. It itself never illicited any hate. I guess those people using it with "broke my camera like a boss #swag" or something can get annoying but I've managed to avoid that side of the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    This is what i think of #yolo:

Never really see #swag
    Oh god I remember that shit. It was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know what swag is supposed to mean. Unless it's an acronym for being gay or something as Siggma posted on page 1. But YOLO drives me fucking bonkers. Someone always says it right before they do something fucking stupid they shouldn't do in the first place. Maybe all the YOLO'ers will die off soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... There aren't people in this world that use that shit seriously is there?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Skyr View Post
    What kind of thoughts go through your mind when you see someone type #yolo#swag on a instagram picture or whatever.
    Same as for anyone obsessed with MLP.

I feel ashamed of being the same species as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post

mlp isn't that bad a show. i can think of worse things than watching childrens shows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Wait... There aren't people in this world that use that shit seriously is there?
    Yes, I'm afraid there are. Meanwhile I guess less than anti-yolo/swag campaigns, though :P

Upper half is a real Tumblr pic. Halleluja.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    The only people I ever see use these words are always using them ironically. There are people out there that actually use them seriously?
    There must be or else who are we making fun of!? Maybe that is the joke :O

10+ Year Old Account
    swag

Noun

An ornamental festoon of flowers, fruit, and greenery: "ribbon-tied swags of flowers".

Verb

Arrange in or decorate with a swag or swags of fabric.

Synonyms

noun. loot - booty - spoil - prey - plunder
    verb. swing

So douche bags think of themselves as ornamental festoons of flowers, fruit and greenery? explains a lot. As for yolo I think Jack Black summed it up perfectly, I also cringe when I see it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

I feel that's rather harsh. Yes, it's a show aimed at young girls. However, it also has pop culture references that can amuse parents who watch the show with their kids. It's really no surprise that it ended up having a following that includes grown men with no children, and the show's writer decided to cater to those people once they realized how popular it was. The people who somehow fantasize about the characters on the show, that's odd for sure. But it's a fetish, and it doesn't stop (or start, for that matter) with My Little Pony. Those people are an exception. When someone simply enjoys watching the show? I don't see any harm. If anything, it's quite nice that it can reach many generations at once.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    mlp isn't that bad a show. i can think of worse things than watching childrens shows.
    As far as these two things go - same bullshit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid there are. Meanwhile I guess less than anti-yolo/swag campaigns, though :P

Upper half is a real Tumblr pic. Halleluja.
    You do realize these are made purposely to make people rage, right? Not counting the second one, that is hilarious, but all those "who needs * when you got swag" pics are made to troll people.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I feel that's rather harsh. Yes, it's a show aimed at young girls. However, it also has pop culture references that can amuse parents who watch the show with their kids. It's really no surprise that it ended up having a following that includes grown men with no children, and the show's writer decided to cater to those people once they realized how popular it was. The people who somehow fantasize about the characters on the show, that's odd for sure. But it's a fetish, and it doesn't stop (or start, for that matter) with My Little Pony. Those people are an exception. When someone simply enjoys watching the show? I don't see any harm. If anything, it's quite nice that it can reach many generations at once.
    I wouldn't mind it all. In fact, I'm not hating on those who started with it as a certain "rule 34" related issue. It's about as same as any other cartoon for kids. And not only for kids, basically anything. Anyone who's been on the internet for a while sure knows what I'm talking about. Also parents who watch it with their kids - hell I loved when my dad watched Spiderman with me.

But what I hate with passion are those who "watch it cause it teaches us that we should love our family and friends and blah blah blah bullshit". Son, you're 20 years old and you need a fucking cartoon for 8yo girls to tell you this? And no, it's not a worldwide show that anyone has heard of and loves it - so if you think wearing pink hoodie with a rainbow pony on it to a job interview is a great idea, you gonna be terribly disappointed.
    Last edited by Toobad; 2012-12-12 at 08:52 AM.

Anytime someone uses "YOLO" they're about to do something incredibly stupid.
    See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1880348.html

Personally, I'm all for natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    This is what i think of #yolo:

Traumatic flashback flooding. Achieving critical mass...
    Entire armies being converted over by a chorus chanting "YOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOO".
    Nightmares long forgotten shall return.
    Thank you.

Deleted
    As far as these two things go - same bullshit to me.

You do realize these are made purposely to make people rage, right? Not counting the second one, that is hilarious, but all those "who needs * when you got swag" pics are made to troll people.
    I guess this is an example of a troll, yes. But I like the combination with the 2nd one too much
    But there are many occasions where you should think it's trolling because there can be nothing THAT bad. But there is.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Traumatic flashback flooding. Achieving critical mass...
    Entire armies being converted over by a chorus chanting "YOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOO".
    Nightmares long forgotten shall return.
    Thank you.
    Actually (to further fuel your nightmares), it was rather "AYOOOOYOOYOO AYOOOYOOOOOOOOOO woohoooo"
    Good times... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZRAlSLQsk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You know what else is "kinda catchy"? Herpes.
    Generally not the kind of "catchy" stuff you want to be sharing with friends over Instagram, I hope?

I have no idea what it means, and judging from the posts in this thread I probably want to keep it that way.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    "Idiot."
    That's about it.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    When people type that shit and mean it, I hope they die asap.
    Those people are usually assholes/bitches and amazingly superficial, it amazes me how they manage to survive.