Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My healing surges heal for an avarage of 34k outside BGs. It takes 10 casts 13 seconds and 200000 mana to get me back to full health. Trow a 30% debuff on this and why should I even bother?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baene55 View Post
    Good, now healers will actually have to do something besides stand there getting attacked by 4 dps and casting one healing spell without ever dying. Maybe 7 out of 10 people will not be healers in WSG etc anymore. Awesome change.
    A good healer wont die to the kind of dps you are describing no matter how much blizzard nerfs them.

Good, now healers will actually have to do something besides stand there getting attacked by 4 dps and casting one healing spell without ever dying. Maybe 7 out of 10 people will not be healers in WSG etc anymore. Awesome change.
    Yeah we should balance a game around shit players in bgs.
    By this logic how does any ever die in 3s? This nerf kills monks and priests, and puts druids in a bad spot. No reason at all to take them over a palla/shaman now
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but if 4 DPS can't take down one healer (unless maybe it's a druid using every trick in the book to GTFO) then it's a case of the DPS being terrible, not healing being OP. With the amount of CC and silences available to most classes there's no other reason a healer should live.

:\ It feels like this went through last night before I did my RBGs. Now now only is my monk's mana conservation totally junk, but my throughput got nerfed again. -.- Ugh.

Deleted
    Blizzard are for once being serious about pvp. Now im starting to actually like them again.

but when they weren't serious about pvp, the PVP was better XDXDXD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Mage has always been a safe bet if you want to be borderline or completely overpowered every season. There hasn't been a single season where they've been awful.
    Might want to do some research before attempting to malign a class (the numbers below were pulled in 2010 and can be found on the Arenajunkies forums, entitled "Comprehensive Gladiator Breakdown", Topic #175075; they are reflective of the previous PvP seasons up to that time and are indicative of how the class fared according to Arenajunkies).

S1 Mages 7th
    S2 Mages 6th
    S3 Mages 6th
    S4 Mages 6th
    S5 Mages 8th
    S6 Mages 9th
    S7 Mages 6th
    S8 Mages 6th

Yup, not a single season where we haven't been godly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drsarcasm View Post
    Might want to do some research before attempting to malign a class (the numbers below were pulled in 2010 and can be found on the Arenajunkies forums, entitled "Comprehensive Gladiator Breakdown", Topic #175075; they are reflective of the previous PvP seasons up to that time and are indicative of how the class fared according to Arenajunkies).

S1 Mages 7th
    S2 Mages 6th
    S3 Mages 6th
    S4 Mages 6th
    S5 Mages 8th
    S6 Mages 9th
    S7 Mages 6th
    S8 Mages 6th

There's a difference between not being OP and being awful and broken.
    S8 Mages 6th
    Also this in that list, mages where far from bad in season 8. Representation does not say much about balance unless numbers goes below 1-2%.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-12-12 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drsarcasm View Post

S1 Mages 7th
    S2 Mages 6th
    S3 Mages 6th
    S4 Mages 6th
    S5 Mages 8th
    S6 Mages 9th
    S7 Mages 6th
    S8 Mages 6th

I think he means more in line of how most seasons there is a comp that can do fairly well as a mage (RMP, Godcomp, feral/mage/priest, wizardcleave, etc.)
    Pure dps classes are to be ranked lower by default since the list doesn't break down by specs, so all classes that can heal are going to be ranked higher.
    But if you break down the class by their dps potentials, mages are pretty high.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-12-12 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There's a difference between not being OP and being awful and broken.
    Also this in that list, mages where far from bad in season 8.
    Just taking the numbers from Arenajunkies; I'd post the link, but given my post history, regrettably not allowed to do so.

I was refuting the claim (or insinuation, if you like) that mages have been some type of godly PvP masters throughout the PvP seasons - the numbers seem to suggest otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Yeah we should balance a game around shit players in bgs.
    By this logic how does any ever die in 3s? This nerf kills monks and priests, and puts druids in a bad spot. No reason at all to take them over a palla/shaman now
    They are adressing Holy and Shamans, Healers should be killable by 1 dps if they play correctly, currently no healers are.

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    They are adressing Holy and Shamans, Healers should be killable by 1 dps if they play correctly, currently no healers are.
    healer should not be able to be killed by 1 dps whatsoever. If 1 dps can kill a healer alone, there is no point in having a healer when you can might as well just bring another dps.

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    I think he means more in line of how most seasons there is a comp that can do fairly well as a mage (RMP, Godcomp, feral/mage/priest, wizardcleave, etc.)
    No doubt you're right in that...however, I'm miffed that people continue to spout random "facts" without even attempting to back up those claims with qualitative information.

Deleted
    Just when you thought GC has run out of ideas on how to fuck pvp dps shamans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so class with some of the most problematic self healing and highest damage reduction remains un nerfed, but specs that rely almost entirely on non percentage based heals for survivability and have next to no passive damage reduction are nerfed.

thats balance people.
    i guess you are crying for warriors 2ed wind to be nerfed right?why its not op'ed and only kicks in at 30% or less.if you cant drop a warrior for 100 down to 30% without cds you are just bad.avatar, pummel,heroic throw,TFB all have been nerfed in the last few months,what can warriors keep that you dont want nerfed?or do you really think its all op'ed?burst healing was just as bad as burst damage,they both needed to be nerfed and now they are.

i have never seen 2ed wind keep a warrior alive in area or rbgs against teams that know how to play.2nd wind is so easy to burst threw if you have half a brain.i think you just want warriors to go back to the way they were in the last few seasons of cata= the worst pvp class in game.

i can kill all healer glad except resto druid because they can kiting my necrotic stack very well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    But they are the 2 classes whose damage is the highest, other classes will follow for sure.
    no warriors are not the highest damage class in game.go watch reckfuls stream,and when he plays with boomkins,locks and mages they all out damage him.o and you can throw ferals into that mix as well.warriors are about one or two more nerfs away from being shit again.almost everyhting new warriors got in mop has been nerfed,if you nerf it all its back to cata bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    but when they weren't serious about pvp, the PVP was better XDXDXD
    Yeah like WOTLK druids starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Oh, but percentage heals are unaffected, so Rogues and Warriors still get decent healing.
    i love how an arms warrior can outheal a ret paladin

woo balance

Deleted
    It's a good change. You can't kill anything outside of CDs (and even with CDs the other team has to be pretty bad to die if they have mana) in 3's right now, really. Maybe with this hotfix it'll actually shift the meta-game a bit to not rely so much on huge offensives and allow people to kill stuff if they just CC and play properly in general.

Also the way they nerfed frost bomb is actually really fucking nice. The warrior thing not so much because now heroic strike hitting too hard isn't really the problem with warrior damage anymore but the 50% nerf on FB/FB explosion is pretty genius. Game might be good again, and I honestly have pretty decent expectations for next season.