Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

is botting the only way to get alani?

around launch I got 3 skyshards, and for quite some time now, havent seen one. now that my gear is decent I tried farming vale mobs, nothing. was the drop rate nerfed? and if so, just how rare are these shards now?

I've been doing the golden lotus dailies, pretty much daily on 4 characters for a long time, including since day 3 total of the expac on my main, and have exactly 1 Skyshard, at this rate I literally wouldn't have enough for one Alani combined in the lifespan of an average expansion.

I'm revered on one character and exalted on another. I don't have any.

The usual "RNG is RNG" mindless reaction aside, it seems they set the drop rate so small that most who do all their Golden Lotus dailies will never have more than a few. She's (?) the TLPD of this expansion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm revered on one character and exalted on another. I don't have any.

The usual "RNG is RNG" mindless reaction aside, it seems they set the drop rate so small that most who do all their Golden Lotus dailies will never have more than a few. She's (?) the TLPD of this expansion.
    I just dont like how they've handled it. even if you get to exalted you may never see 1 shard.

you might not ever see the TLPD either, but that was about time/patience. you knew it spawned in storm peaks, and there was a general route it took. skyshards require an insane amount of luck with drops.

according to wowhead at least, we're talking a 0.1% drop chance. and I have yet to get one in the daily cache. even guo-lai keys for the chests seem to drop very rarely now.

In addition to that, imagine being on a pvp server and getting ganked during the pull.

Yea, not even going to bother.

Does anyone know someone who has Alani?

I have never seen any of the shards.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. Sure you could bot, but you also could just keep doing some GL dailies each day for MoP's lifespan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I saw someone advertising that they had 10 and were selling the kill on Mal'ganis.

Who knows.

Deleted
    I just got this mount even before than hitting exalted with august celestials.First 5 shards droped while doing GL dailies and the other 5 in like an hour and a half of farming I thought it was easy to get so I decided to farm another for selling and noticed that I was getting nothing RNG is RNG XD

PD:sorry for my bad english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    but you also could just keep doing some GL dailies each day for MoP's lifespan.
    And doesn't that sound like a total blast, kids!
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I know one person.http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llected&page=5

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 8 shards. 7 of those were from the first 4 days of the expansion - I spent 25 straight hours killing the easily AoEable sprites.

Now that daily quests bring people out there + more people know about it...I'll get there eventually.

Maybe.

Picked it up a while ago.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seen around 3-4 people with it thus far.

I have 4... on 4 different toons. All from GL dailies. Farming is how you can get Alani.

Deleted
    really? it's not that rare on my server, but I think they're all botters, I've seen people selling it for as low as 10k

I only have one skyshard and I'm exalted with GL, not doing their dailies anymore

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I have 4... on 4 different toons. All from GL dailies. Farming is how you can get Alani.
    I don't believe you

I have three characters to exalted with GL and I have 3 shards total. :\
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    I don't believe you
    I meant skyshards

2 characters exalted and 1 honored, not a single shard seen
    Whoops, sig too big