10+ Year Old Account

Extremely frequent internet "resets"?

Starting about 3 days ago I've been having extremely frequent internet "resets" in which my internet randomly disappears (I use wifi) and then immediately comes back. This is extremely fucking annoying, because it kicks me out of vent, WoW, Skype, and Steam. I've tried 3 times now to reset my router by unplugging it, then plugging it back in a few minutes later, but nothing works. I've also tried unchecking the box that allows my computer to turn off my netgear USB wireless adapter to conserve energy, so that's not the problem.

It usually gets worse at nights, and only increases in frequency the more it happens. Today I didn't have any problems with it whatsoever until about 8:30 at night, and now It's happening so often that I can't even play WoW anymore.

PLEASE help! I have Charter internet by the way.

Sounds like your wireless router is on its way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That really shouldn't be the case. I got it about 6 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright charter has sent 2 technicians to my house not to "fix" the problem. So far they've replaced my old router, given me a new wifi adapter, checked my wiring (not at all very thoroughly, switched me to a different channel, cycled my power, reset the connection, and wasted my time. Another tech is coming tomorrow... I honestly don't know what else the problem could be.. Does anybody have any ideas? Anything that I can suggest to the tech that's coming tomorrow? Because this is getting pretty ridiculous...

The problem usually only starts after 6 PM, I've noticed it's only been happening on overly cold days (below 20 degrees) and once it gets dark outside. After the internet "resets" or "drops out", it usually takes about 30 sec to a minute for it to come back. However often it will reset and I'll be able to connect to my wifi network, but it will say "no internet connection" and I won't be able to access any websites or games.

Please help!

Have you tried switching the channel your WiFi uses to a different one?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

If it's happening at a specific time of day, the most likely problem is another appliance with damaged or unshielded wiring is being used and interfering with your signal. Examine all other devices being used at the time and see if there is something specific that is always being used when you have problems and isn't when you are not.

1. is there a refridgerator in between you and your wifi spot that can casue issues, other household appliances like ,icrowaves can cause drops in wifi signals to
    2. Flourescent lights can cause signal degradation

Those are the top 2 off my head besides what has already been said.

Cisco wireless myths and facts
    Heres a nice little read of some myths and facts taken from ciscos website about all kinds of signal loss possibilities.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    While the problem usually starts only after 6 PM, it often goes late into the night, very often lasting until 4 AM the following morning. I've gone to sleep with it down, and woken up with it still down, several hours later. And at that time of night/morning nobody else is up running any appliances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Alright charter has sent 2 technicians to my house not to "fix" the problem. So far they've replaced my old router, given me a new wifi adapter, checked my wiring (not at all very thoroughly, switched me to a different channel, cycled my power, reset the connection, and wasted my time. Another tech is coming tomorrow... I honestly don't know what else the problem could be.. Does anybody have any ideas? Anything that I can suggest to the tech that's coming tomorrow? Because this is getting pretty ridiculous...

The problem usually only starts after 6 PM, I've noticed it's only been happening on overly cold days (below 20 degrees) and once it gets dark outside. After the internet "resets" or "drops out", it usually takes about 30 sec to a minute for it to come back. However often it will reset and I'll be able to connect to my wifi network, but it will say "no internet connection" and I won't be able to access any websites or games.

Please help!

i had this same problem with talktalk(uk) they also sent out two engineers, and each time said its fixed, after about a month of phoning and them saying there is no problem, they cant see a problem their end. eventually on one phone call the man said oh yes i see the problem, the technitions know about it and it should be fixed in 3days, 3 days later and it was fixed.

After dark... Maybe street lights or some outdoor light close to your computer is fucking it up, or heater/AC (usually those run overnight). It definitely sounds like some outside source if it happens like a clockwork. Electric interference can break WLAN connections even 100ft away.

Things like this is one of the many reasons why wireless is shit and should be avoided if there are any other options.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in a house with an identical-seeming problem. My connection was DSL through the local telco, and every night it would drop out and then immediately come back every few minutes. And as you described, it only happened late in the day, kept happening all night, and then went away in the morning, around sunrise. Repeated calls to the telco were useless, they couldn't see the problem during the day which was the only time their techs would visit. And at night, their phone support would only suggest replacing my modem and router. I tried flashing the firmware on my router/modem. I tried replacing the router/modem. I tried using a diffferent router and modem. I tried Ethernet vs. Wifi. Exact same behavior, no matter what I changed or the phone company said they changed.

I eventually ended up moving out, without ever finding a solution or even a cause.

Is this wireless point a wimax, mifi, kind house device by any chance. My friend picked one up not to long ago for a 15 day trial. Thing would work like a champ during the day but then as soon as 5-6 would roll around the thing would cut out all the time due to those being prime hours people use the service. Or is this a wireless spot hooked up to your standard cable/dsl modem.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014