Deleted

Some questions about which microphone i should buy

EDIT: My question is: Can i attach the pop filter to the stand that comes with the mic? ("Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter" in amazon)

Hi, so i am going to buy a new microphone, i checked some stuff out, and apparently the audio technica AT2020 would be a good microphone. I've done some research and to use it on a pc i need the USB-version. (can't post the link to amazon, name is "Audio Technica AT2020USB Studio Condenser Microphone")

So my questions are: Is this a good mic, or which mic do you guys suggest? (I want a decent quality mic, i use it all the time and i hate it when i hear that shit quality carcharias mic's noise when i watch my videos on youtube)

But mainly, can i attach this pop filter (again, can't link, name is "Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter" on amazon) to the moun (small tripod) that is delivered with the mic (see picture on amazon).

thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by mmoc8744e46e97; 2012-12-12 at 06:30 AM.

I have this mic. I ended up buying the suggested stand and pop-filter as well. I used it for recording voices and singing though.

The thing about these mics is what you want to use them for. If you're looking for a mic to talk chat on vent or skype... you may want to look into something alot less expensive. The whole kit[mic, stand, pop filter] runs about $150.
    But, if you looking into it for recording yourself, I find it wonderful. I haven't had any trouble with it and it's pretty durable.
    In the end, if you want it for recording yourself [singing or the like] it's a great mic. If you just want a chatting mic, you should probably look at some less expensive mics..

In addition, a pop-filter is mostly to smooth out your words. It helps mute the pops from P's and the breaths from H's and the like. If you are just wanting a mic.. you can just buy the mic and use it's stand that comes with it.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

10+ Year Old Account
    My recommendation is a headset. It's so much nicer not hearing all the background noises when I'm in Ventrilo with someone, and a headset does a much better job generally at only collecting sound from the person directly, and also prevents the background noises coming out of the speakers from getting into Vent.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    I have this mic. I ended up buying the suggested stand and pop-filter as well. I used it for recording voices and singing though.

The thing about these mics is what you want to use them for. If you're looking for a mic to talk chat on vent or skype... you may want to look into something alot less expensive. The whole kit[mic, stand, pop filter] runs about $150.
    But, if you looking into it for recording yourself, I find it wonderful. I haven't had any trouble with it and it's pretty durable.
    In the end, if you want it for recording yourself [singing or the like] it's a great mic. If you just want a chatting mic, you should probably look at some less expensive mics..

In addition, a pop-filter is mostly to smooth out your words. It helps mute the pops from P's and the breaths from H's and the like. If you are just wanting a mic.. you can just buy the mic and use it's stand that comes with it.
    Thanks for your great comment! Gaming is my life, and i have a ts3 server which i'm online on all the time, so only for that it can be expensive. But i'm also going to use it to record myself so it is worth the price!
    But i can't buy the stand, it just won't fit in my desk, so my question is: can i attach the pop filter to the stand that comes with the mic?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My recommendation is a headset. It's so much nicer not hearing all the background noises when I'm in Ventrilo with someone, and a headset does a much better job generally at only collecting sound from the person directly, and also prevents the background noises coming out of the speakers from getting into Vent.
    ofcourse i'm still going to use my headset, buy i want a good mic, and there are no headsets with good mics.

Deleted
    bump, can i attach the pop filter to the stand that comes with the mic?

I have the AT2020USB as well and it's pretty much fantastic even just sitting on my desk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I have the AT2020USB as well and it's pretty much fantastic even just sitting on my desk.
    Thanks, do you think I can attach a pop filter to the stand that comes with the mic?

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 08:05 PM ----------

bump, can i attach the pop filter to the stand that comes with the mic?