Chi + Energy watching

What do Monks use to properly check their Chi's and Energy?
    I've seen a few Ferals in PoV HC kills with very neat Chi + Energy bars, don't really know what add-on that is.

IceHUD is not what I'm looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    MonkTimers is a good one for watching your various things, it has a nice clean energy bar and chi bar.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I use Weak Auras. I have ElvUI but it puts my chi/energy way on the bottom of the screen and I sorta like it front and center, so just designed some Weak Aura icons to do it instead, works out well, since I'm no longer confined to a specific way of doing it.

I also have alot of WA's for different abilities - the monk, like the rogue is alot harder to do Weak Aura's than say a Warlock or Shaman. Alot of the monk abilities are 'This thing is off cooldown, but I don't have the necessary energy/chi to use it'. So to simulate this, I have alot of Weak Aura's that come up with one color when it's off cooldown ( like a Red fist ), and have it change color when it's both off cooldown & usable. That way, when Rising Sun Kick is off CD but I need more chi, I know that and can quickly hit Jab.

I didn't feel like delving into WeakAuras since I'm using TMW just for this. Can you export your chi/energy settings?

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:10 PM ----------

Already not a fan of MonkTimers.

What this Feral druid uses (is multiple PoV, he is on at 4:32 (and other times)), something similar to that is what I'm looking for.

Took me about half an hour to do ( using a mouse trackpad while at work.. ), but here's something similar to what that druid has:

Need these 5:

pastebin.com/NSWtGX8K
    pastebin.com/ZRspBgqi
    pastebin.com/q9u7iHr6
    pastebin.com/EGEzkEFj
    pastebin.com/dSg4KWbM

Give that a try. ( Sorry, can't post actual links since I don't have enough posts yet. )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonimus View Post
    What do Monks use to properly check their Chi's and Energy?
    I've seen a few Ferals in PoV HC kills with very neat Chi + Energy bars, don't really know what add-on that is.

IceHUD is not what I'm looking for.
    Weakaura's all the way

Out of combat look :

In combat look :

You could add anything you want, but those are the ones I personally find the most important to keep my dps maxed.

Includes :

- Tigereye brew stacks --> bump animation at 10 stacks
    - Fists of Fury --> bump animation when ready + Chi requirement
    - Rising sun kick --> bump animation when ready + Chi requirement
    - Tiger Power buff --> Bump when buff drops off + Air Horn sound to make it more obvious.
    - Chi Wave --> No animation to avoid annoyance as its not part of the dps rotation.
    - Xuen Tiger --> Bump animation when CD is ready
    - Diffuse Magic --> No animation to avoid annoyance as it's situational

All above mentioned have a cooldownbar as shown on the tigereye brew and fists of fury.

-5 Chi blocks (I use Ascension) coloring from yellow to red, 5th Chi block will pulse for extra attention to stop building Chi and spend it. Easily adjustable to 4 blocks
    - Energy bar
    - Energizing Brew CD bar
    - Touch of Death Aura ring if target HP <= player HP && Chi requirement.

edit : Everything in a draggable group so you can place this anywhere on your screen, although I like to have it just beneath my char where it's placed by default.

Grab the Export string here ::

http://pastebin.com/j966UHn8

Im open to suggestions, so shoot if you have any.
    Enjoy!

( Inspired by Darkseid )
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2012-12-18 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    I've set up satrina buff frames to track everything I needed and I'm using NugComboBar as my Chi bar.

Nice setup Sersel!

Only suggestion I'd have ( I haven't loaded yours, so not sure if you do it already or not ), is set it up so that things like RSK and stuff show some type of status for when they are off cooldown, but don't have enough resources to use yet.

Maybe you can make the icon blank ( if on cooldown ), fill in the icon if off CD, then bump when off cd + chi requirement met.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wushin View Post
    Nice setup Sersel!

Only suggestion I'd have ( I haven't loaded yours, so not sure if you do it already or not ), is set it up so that things like RSK and stuff show some type of status for when they are off cooldown, but don't have enough resources to use yet.

Maybe you can make the icon blank ( if on cooldown ), fill in the icon if off CD, then bump when off cd + chi requirement met.
    Thanks Wushin.
    It's already like that tho

Spell on CD :: Dimmed + cooldownbar overlay
    Spell off CD + Chi req. not met :: Dimmed
    Spell off CD + Chi req. met :: Lightened up + bump animation

Every spell, with the exception of Diffuse magic, contains of 2 icons and a CD bar, to show 3 different states.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2012-12-18 at 01:02 AM.