Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic progression Path

So now we've had a few weeks of HoF heroics whats everyones progression paths? is it still full clear MSV easier than any HOF heroics?

at a glance it seems to be something like this:

Feng>Stoneguards>Gara>elegon>spiritkings>wil > bladelord>garalon (if u have the dps) / imperial > wind > amber > grand

Wondering if to stay in MSV and progress in spiritkings then wil, or if bladelord / garalon / imperial will be easier. We have a good monk+disc priest for garalon, so i dont see healing bein an issue, and most dps can bring about 85-105k in garalon normal, not sure if thats too tight to the enrage or not tho.

thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Having just killed H ambershaper (Literally like 5 minutes ago) This is what i'd say - 25man this is.

Stone guards > Feng > Garajal > Elegon > Wind Lord > Will > Spirit Kings > Blade Lord > Garalon > Amber Shaper > Vizier > Emrpess

I probably missed one, but yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Im mainly after 10man progression. interesting that u put windlord quite early, isnt there any enrage issues on 25man heroic? i mean we get around 10-30secs near to the enrage in normal, but maybe we dont maximize dps on adds or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Im mainly after 10man progression. interesting that u put windlord quite early, isnt there any enrage issues on 25man heroic? i mean we get around 10-30secs near to the enrage in normal, but maybe we dont maximize dps on adds or something
    Wind Lord if executed properly just falls over. I'm almost certain it's harder in 10man, as my friend who has killed it wiped almost 10x as much as we did to kill it.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Having just killed H ambershaper (Literally like 5 minutes ago) This is what i'd say - 25man this is.

Stone guards > Feng > Garajal > Elegon > Wind Lord > Will > Spirit Kings > Blade Lord > Garalon > Amber Shaper > Vizier > Emrpess

I probably missed one, but yeah.
    In terms of difficulty, but pretty sure you can't pull heroic will without spirit kings down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    In terms of difficulty, but pretty sure you can't pull heroic will without spirit kings down.
    Yes, sorry.
    You need to kill 5/6H to do heroic will.
    That list is just my personal difficulty scale.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    First we have to conquer the Thanksgiving boss. Then we might get some time before the big, evil Christmas boss, which promptly leads to the Hangover boss in the new year.

We're 2/6H MSV 0/6H HoF 0/4 TotES Once we get those down I think we're going to go:

Gara'jal -> Windlord -> Garalon -> Spirit Kings -> Elegon -> Will -> Vizier -> Un'sok -> Shek

This will be revised once we see how the TotES heroics are. Sha of Fear looks like it's going to be the most incredible heroic ever put in the game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always wonder if 25 man Will difficulty ranking assumes chain CC version or actual add killing.

So now we've had a few weeks of HoF heroics whats everyones progression paths? is it still full clear MSV easier than any HOF heroics?

at a glance it seems to be something like this:

Feng>Stoneguards>Gara>elegon>spiritkings>wil > bladelord>garalon (if u have the dps) / imperial > wind > amber > grand

Wondering if to stay in MSV and progress in spiritkings then wil, or if bladelord / garalon / imperial will be easier. We have a good monk+disc priest for garalon, so i dont see healing bein an issue, and most dps can bring about 85-105k in garalon normal, not sure if thats too tight to the enrage or not tho.

thoughts?
    Your fist line there is definately what feels accurate to me. MSV is easier than HoF, but I do believe the terrace heroics apart from sha will be pushovers in comparison to HoF.

EDIT: Obviously, since you will have a higher itemlevel when you enter HoF, at least in comparison to doing MSV heroic in blues, some of the HoF bosses might feel easier. If your avg itemlevel is still low when you enter HoF, the mechanics are definately more harsh though.
    Last edited by Llyth; 2012-11-17 at 06:31 PM.

How is Blade lord harder than will? The fight is a joke, it took us 6-7 attempts and the 3rd one was a 3% wipe. Will isn't nearly as easy.

Also, Garalon felt easier than spirit kings. More gear is required, yes, but it's very doable in a single night. Spirit kings will take a while to learn.

Yes, sorry.
    You need to kill 5/6H to do heroic will.
    A little off topic, but do you mean 5/6H in the same lockout or at least have killed 5/6H in the past (previous weeks)? I've heard of guilds doing heroic WotE without clearing the previous 5 on heroic in that lockout to get the realm first achievement, unless this was fixed by Blizzard at some point.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    A little off topic, but do you mean 5/6H in the same lockout or at least have killed 5/6H in the past (previous weeks)? I've heard of guilds doing heroic WotE without clearing the previous 5 on heroic in that lockout to get the realm first achievement, unless this was fixed by Blizzard at some point.
    To do WotE on heroic mode you need to have killed the five previous bosses on heroic in the same lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    How is Blade lord harder than will? The fight is a joke, it took us 6-7 attempts and the 3rd one was a 3% wipe. Will isn't nearly as easy.

Also, Garalon felt easier than spirit kings. More gear is required, yes, but it's very doable in a single night. Spirit kings will take a while to learn.
    Personal standings.
    Will is using the CC strat, rather than the usual kill adds strat.
    90% of spirit kings is waiting for the right order
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    will probably try clear MSV then before moving onto HoF, unless the terrace heroics prove to be easy... i got a feeling they might be a bit easier than hof

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    will probably try clear MSV then before moving onto HoF, unless the terrace heroics prove to be easy... i got a feeling they might be a bit easier than hof
    That's... actually entirely possible, excluding Sha of Fear. Maybe elite protectors, too - if they're not leagues above everything else, that's some nice drops 'easily' available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's... actually entirely possible, excluding Sha of Fear. Maybe elite protectors, too - if they're not leagues above everything else, that's some nice drops 'easily' available.
    yer that was wot i was thinkin also, heroic non-elite protectors could be easy if we go by normal mode

looking at dungeon journal the only difference besides probably more damage, is that there seems to be some little adds that spawn.. if htey reach the boss the boss does 10% more dmg per stack (5 stacks= wipe), and if it dies near a player it gives all players nearby 10% more damage (10 stacks = wipe)

this buff lasts 2mins on a player, so depending on how fast the adds come, i guess you'd have say 3 dps on adds till 8-9 stacks, then another 3 dps stacking till 8-9 stacks (or 2 if its 3 healing)

fight doesnt sound that hard doing it the normal way, so have to see how fast the adds come with what kinda HP etc

Regail / Kaolon - Asani doesnt sound too bad
    Last edited by mmoc85d461a018; 2012-11-18 at 01:12 PM.

This is from a 10 man standpoint of difficulty level from least difficult to most difficult:

Stoneguards - Feng - Elegon - Blade Lord - Gara'jal - Will - Garalon - Wind Lord - Spirit Kings - Amber Shaper - Zorlok - Empress. We haven't downed Amber Shaper yet, but that is due to a strat screwup which we have fixed, just need more attempts.

Progression path for most guilds:

MsV - Can go 1-6 in order. Doing it any other way is pointless IMHO because Spirit Kings isn't hard to do mechanically, it is the stupid random order that causes wipes.
    HoF - 2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6. Zorlok is a pain.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys.

So from your experience, when would be the best time to start doing MV heroic?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

So from your experience, when would be the best time to start doing MV heroic?
    As soon as you can. At this point you should have more than enough gear to meet any DPS checks. (We killed H Garajal in blues) If you're worried about difficulty and maybe even gearing up a bit more try doing an order like Stone Guard>Feng>Elegon>Garajal>Spirit Kings>Will. In my opinion, H Spirit Kings is the "hardest" fight in MSV and only because of the RNG factor. Once you get an attempt with the correct order and some decent luck, it just falls over. You might as well start MSV Heroics now. Better now than later when the next tier is getting close.

Deleted
    HC kings are high on the difficulty order because this fight is just badly designed RNG. If you get something other than Subetai as #2 king you're better off just wiping the raid and trying again.