Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Top 5 Worst Games of 2012 - **Opinions**

First off let me stress this one more time, THIS IS SOLELY THE OPINIONS OF THE POSTERS! DO NOT REPLY TO SOLEY BASH SOMEONES OPINIONS ON GAMES! IF YOU DISAGREE THAT IS FINE, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! IF YOU FEEL THE UNCONTROLLABLE URGE TO DISAGREE WITH WHAT ANYONE SAID, PLEASE KEEP YOUR RESPONSE CIVIL AND PROVIDE YOUR LOGICAL REASONS WHY!

CLARIFICATION: Worst = Personal Disappointments, not worst as in sales, reviews, ect.
    I would like to hear what everyone's top 5 worst games of 2012 are now that the year is essentially over and we all die in a week.

Here's mine:

5-007 Legends, downloaded this game from steam because I loved playing all the old games... sorry but the only thing I have to say about it is "why did this abomination cost me money?"

4-Guild Wars 2, Not to start a flame war, but this game is the biggest insult to the phrase MMORPG. It isn't an MMO, it has nothing that makes MMO's fun in it besides grinding. PvP was awful, PvE was nonexistent, questing was repetitive, zero class progression, and professions were a huge rush to 400 and then nothing. If they had just called this game an RPG instead of an MMO I (and a ton of others) would be happy, but it is certainly not an MMO... even though it technically is.

3-Dishonored, I am probably going to take some massive flak for this, but personally I felt it was a huge let down. Felt just like fallout for me (I hate fallout). The previews and trailers made it seem like an almost assassins creed mixed with a bit more hack and slash and a hint of some Splinter Cell. If I could compare it to anything, it would be a Steam-Punk Fallout. Personally hated it, as soon as I beat it I uninstalled it and felt relieved.

2-DarkSouls PC version, I for one absolutely loved DarkSouls on the xbox. It was extremely hard, extremely unforgiving, and damn fun. But the PC version literally had the worst controls I have ever seen in any video game ever. Hell, even the company said "You should play it with a game pad, or better yet and xbox controller". So what your telling me is I should just take the controller from my xbox, and plug it in here, instead of playing it on the XBOX. Complete scam to get more money (I don't blame them though). Great game, horse shit for PC.

1-SWTOR, not even a surprise. This game is laughable at best. The leveling is mediocre, with the story being average, but once you're done you NEVER want to do it again. The PVP was garbage, with so much imbalancing it would make WoW forums look like godsend. The PVE was joke city. Even the newest MMO player could down those fights. The increases in difficulty between versions weren't more difficult, it just made everything hit harder, and still it was a joke. There were more bugs in this game then in the every series of Fear Factor combined.
    *edit*- Yes this was released Dec.20 2011, so technically last year minus 11 days. It was so bad I count it for this year. Had to make this so blatant that people would read it MY BAD!

Wellp, thats my top 5. Whats yours.
    Last edited by Zazey; 2012-12-12 at 03:24 PM.

Well didn't they patch dark souls controls for PC?

Also for gw2, mmorpg = massively multiplayer online role playing game. Which gw2 exactly fits those requirements. The things you dislike about gw2 have nothing to do with this definition.

My list only goes down to 3:

1.Star wars TOR

2.MoP

3.Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well didn't they patch dark souls controls for PC?

Also for gw2, mmorpg = massively multiplayer online role playing game. Which gw2 exactly fits those requirements. The things you dislike about gw2 have nothing to do with this definition.
    The patch didn't fix it much better, regardless the fact that you have to patch your controls is rediculous. Also, as I stated at the end of GW2 is "even though it technically is" I understand it fits the requirements, but it doesn't have a fun constantly something to do feeling other MMO's had. IMO, SWTOR had more things to do then GW2.

Also, as I stated at the end of GW2 is "even though it technically is" I understand it fits the requirements, but it doesn't have a fun constantly something to do feeling other MMO's had. IMO, SWTOR had more things to do then GW2.
    Yes thats your personal opinion and issues with the game that it doesn't feel better for you compared to other MMO's.

However my point is just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is the only game I've played this year that I didn't enjoy. Finish normal mode with one character, uninstall. I'm just happy I got it for free.

Biggest fail was Diablo 3, followed by Pandaria.

Dishonored and Guild wars 2 won tons of awards so your taste must be really poor.

1. D3, I expected alot more.

2. GW2 I grinded my way to max level and then what ? the game is simply boring.

3. Forza horizon, seriously wtf.

I dont play alot of games... so I dont have really more

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see this turning into a flamefest fast, we'll watch for now but no matter how many IMO disclaimers you toss in the OP I can't see this thread going places.

TL;DR: Keep it civil.

Not much to say, didnt get many games that i was just disapointed and "ugh why did i buy this" aside from

Mop (all the fun was replaced with FUN(tm), meh)
    Diablo 3 (pure waste of $$$, short repetitive mindless doesnt feel diabloish at all, worst than some diablo clones which is sad)
    Swotor (so much potential, so little execution, good dungeons though, if you arent an adhd kid used to wow 20m dungeons ofc, raids not so much, combat was kinda mehy but it was still an tiny improvement to normal click and forget, if it wasnt so darn sluggish and unresponsive. )

Cant think of any other bad games this year really... its a pity always loved blizzard since warcraft, but this two titles? ew.

Guild wars to an extent, more of a disappointment that there is little to do, so i wont consider it a "worst game" at all, its a good game, just...empty.
    PvP function is far superior to wow (sorry for using wow its my only base of comparison, i played wow for 5 years im sure it qualifies me as a fanboy) , again lacks in diversity of skills to use and a tad slughish, but far more interesting than any other mmo aside from TERA combat wise, you have to do stuff instead of select target run around while looking at the UI for reactive stuff, yay)
    if they were to put pve, good pve (unbroken) i would likely play it again.

Dishonoured is not bad, it might not be what you like in a game genre, but its still a good game.

Cant really think of other fail games in 2012.... then again i have short memory for disappointments, better things to keep in mind than things i didnt enjoy.
    Im a "the glass can always be filled up again" kind of guy, find raging and grudging to be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2012-12-12 at 03:12 PM.

Wasn't SWTOR released in December 2011 ? Which means it should not be in this list. Not flaming you by the way!

I guess this is my list:

1) Diablo 3. Even though I still play it often, I feel this is the biggest fail of 2012. It did not deserve the name, it may have been a decent game if it had a different name.

Now this reason may sound very strange, but I played Diablo 2 like there's no tomorrow. I've defeated all the ubers on every class and played most specs avaible in the game (not all, because that would require 15 years of playing it). I feel that Diablo 3 was not a Diablo game, while it looks good and the spells are fun and all, it just did not fit in. It just missed that special thing Diablo 2 had which made that a AAA+ game. Itemization is pretty bad, in Diablo 2 you either had good or really good 'unique' items. There were items/sets which you could equip at low level and were still good for higher levels. String of Ears comes to mind (level 9 belt, iirc), still very good even at level 70. Now there's just level 60 items/legendaries/set items that are good sometimes.. Every player of a certain class wears 80% of the same gear because its simply so much better. Looting stuff yourself happens, maybe once every 2 weeks you get a good item. If your not lucky, it may take you 3 months.

The fact that grinding hell was not viable and inferno was pretty damn tough in the start (even though I almost beat Diablo pre-nerf), was pretty bad. I liked Nightmare boss farming in Diablo 2. Next up the god damn cut-scenes, they made me want to kill a kitten every time it was in. It seems to be a MMO trend, but in a farming game like Diablo it just doesn't FIT. Expecially when you know players will do the content over and over again, you should be able to turn them off.

RMAH was pretty bad. Im pretty sure Blizzard cashed in on this, pretty good too. But in general... Yeah, RMAH is bad.

No runes or runewords.. Enough said.

2) Darksiders 2... Ive never played Darksiders, but this game looked pretty fun at first.. The controls are extremely messed up and you can feel that its a console port, pretty bad..

I actually can't think of more...
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

The only thing keeping diablo from my list is the RMAH, I have made my money back and then some. So it has done more good then bad for me.

My list borders on the side of personal disappointment and just overall bad. What I consider Worst is games that I would not play again over all others.

1. Diablo III thank you blizzard for killing my all-time favorite franchise. (could be my least favorite game of all time)
    2. SWTOR It takes a lot of fail to mess up that badly. Star Wars name is pretty much a gimmie, and they still couldn't get it right.
    3. GW2 I wanted to love it.. I tried to love it....
    4. MoP See my signature.....
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Wasn't SWTOR released in December 2011 ? Which means it should not be in this list. Not flaming you by the way!

2) Darksiders 2... Ive never played Darksiders, but this game looked pretty fun at first.. The controls are extremely messed up and you can feel that its a console port, pretty bad..

I actually can't think of more...
    I guess you are right, but I'm going to keep it there for now, considering it was released 11 days prior.

As for darksiders, I agree it was pretty awful. But I still managed to enjoy the story. If I could, it would be my number 6.

I actually struggled with certain quest boss fights in SWTOR as an operative. Nonetheless, I agree 100% withyou; SWTOR was the worst game I've played this year. Maybe it's better now, I don't know, but I've lost interest in it anyway.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    worst game from 2012

let see, i can make some research.
    go to a video games test website, search 2012 games that got the worst rating that below 10% and you probably get some of the worst game of 2012

i found game such as agrar simulator, American Racing Games Collection, deluxe hotel imperium

none of the game cited above me (diablo, dishonored, swtor...) so far are anywhere near the worst game of 2012.
    You could say you are disappointed with design decision and lack of polish, but light year from worst game of 2012

4. MoP See my signature.....
    TBH the daily quest system. Nobody dislikes it. Blizzard is using it to tell the story and to get people "into" the world. The problem is the execution.

Why do they ALL have to be kill X collect Y by Kiling Z quest? I mean so god damn boring.

The fact that SWTOR went F2P in under a year says a lot. Although I give them props for at least trying to salvage it. It's good knowing that they still care about their diminishing fans rather than saying eff it and moving onto Star Warsinsert book title here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Joke's on you. SWTOR was released last year.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Joke's on you. SWTOR was released last year.
    yeah yeah. As I said earlier, it was so bad It ruined this year too.

Deleted
    Swtor was 2011, apart from Australia.