Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    In the end Garrosh say he will learn to control the power of Sha... I do wonder how he will master it, since the bell is destroyed ?
    More like the Sha will control him, ever seen Spiderman 3 ?. The Sha is like Venom and we all know what happened next.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Garrosh is an egotistical tyrant. He believes nothing is beyond his control, as you heard in the divine bell event.

He's created this idea that because the sha are powerful, and not demonic, they must be a power he can control without giving into demons. Yet we all know the sha don't work that way, they only grow stronger the more you negative emotion rages, and the more stronger they become, the more they can warp and corrupt you.
    Garrosh is a giant fool, be thinks he can control the world.

I am going to be so happy when they reveal his fate.
    Ye but why he would go this way ? Does he do not know what happen to his father when he drink blood of Mannoroth the Destructor?
    We eather gonna see Sha controlling the Garrosh that is bad... Second is Garrosh controling Sha, and no one would like such villain to have that power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Ye but why he would go this way ? Does he do not know what happen to his father when he drink blood of Mannoroth the Destructor?
    We eather gonna see Sha controlling the Garrosh that is bad... Second is Garrosh controling Sha, and no one would like such villain to have that power.
    He knows what happened to this father because of the stories he heard, and in Garrosh's mind, that means its the demons fault who corrupted his father, and to him his father gave into the demons.

Garrosh is a character be believes nothing is beyond his grasp of control. That which he can't control he see's as something to destroy. At the end of novel Tides of War, Garrosh, after losing control of the kraken and Jaina destroying his fleet, he raged, and ordered orgrimmar to strengthen for battle, to have every single man, woman and child conscripted into his army, and for the warlocks to summon demons under his control.

He believe he can control anything, he doesn't consider the corruption of his actions because he thinks its within his control to have it, and if he can't have it, such as the alliance bowing down to him, he wants to destroy it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:19 PM ----------

This is no longer about the hordes survival, about them fighting back against the alliance so live in peace. Garrosh doesn't care about that. What he wants is to control everything, and he doesn't care who dies for him to obtain that kind of power and control.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people are saying Anduin is dead.
    I finished questline today (Horde side) and when Garrosh broke the bell, Anduin was laying down there with 5% hp. Funny enough, Garrosh is too retarded to check Anduin's health bar. I was like "So you are saying you killed him? RIIIIIIIIIIGHT."

Oh, and for the first time in my whole WoW career I felt hatred towards Jaina. Blizzard is doing a good job at stirring emotions in people.
    Overall, Pandaria's lore is much more enjoyable than what we had in Cataclysm. As a lorefag, I'm happy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Sylvanas for for warchief!
    No. Just no. If there's one character in WoW that I hate more than Garrosh, it's her. Seriously, she's annoying and very much Arthas-like. I would've killed her with my own hands if it was possible. Horde deserves a better leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I don't get why people are saying Anduin is dead.
    I finished questline today (Horde side) and when Garrosh broke the bell, Anduin was laying down there with 5% hp. Funny enough, Garrosh is too retarded to check Anduin's health bar. I was like "So you are saying you killed him? RIIIIIIIIIIGHT."

Oh, and for the first time in my whole WoW career I felt hatred towards Jaina. Blizzard is doing a good job at stirring emotions in people.
    Overall, Pandaria's lore is much more enjoyable than what we had in Cataclysm. As a lorefag, I'm happy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

No. Just no. If there's one character in WoW that I hate more than Garrosh, it's her. Seriously, she's annoying and very much Arthas-like. I would've killed her with my own hands if it was possible. Horde deserves a better leader.
    Well yeah, it certainly is stirring up a lot of emotion in players in how this war progresses. My attitude to Jaina has changed with her now insane, vengeful personality issues. Of course with Garrosh it was heading this way to no surprise there. And my respect of Anduin has grown a lot though the first patches of this game, the kids got some real balls on him.
    #boycottchina

We are on a continent where the Sha is present; feeding on our emotions and enhancing them to the extreme.
    It is no surprise to see Garrosh slowly loosing himself to his emotions... Jaina is going the same way.
    That seems to me quite normal in this xpac.... let 1 simple emotion unguarded and it will be enhanced by the Sha or maybe even the force behind the Sha.

After this, if the Alliance doesn't get the "lore kill" on Garrosh, I'll be severely disappointed.

@Above Synstir: Jaina isn't losing her emotions, she's relatively calm compared to how she was in the book. However, it would be an interesting twist to see her as a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    After this, if the Alliance doesn't get the "lore kill" on Garrosh, I'll be severely disappointed.
    Tbh I don't what to say about that.
    The problem with the ending and story is that they've got themselves in one hell of a pickle if they chose to have one side killing Garrosh be the canon one.

If the Alliance kill him then it will be seen by Alliance players as their rightful retribution for Garrosh conquering their land and slaughtering their people so on so forth, but from a Horde perspective it will be seen as very demeaning to know that even though you hate the bastard, the Alliance were able to waltz right in and kill your Warchief.
    No matter how "right" you believe such a thing should happen nobody likes being the losing side.

If the Horde get the canon killing blow they will get the pleasure of putting down the person who dragged them through the dirt and shamed their name and honour, while Alliance players will be left scratching their heads wondering why they showed up and feeling as if they didn't get the payback they deserved after what he put them through.

I think one side getting a canon kill would just not work in the end. Either way they will disappoint one faction.
    It will be much better if neither are considered truly canon and instead we simply see an ending that features the opposite factions leader bursting onto the scene and then we skip to a cinematic both share where they both stand over Garrosh possibly with Wrathion.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-14 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Anyway, back to the actually discussion instead of what to call it...

Makes you wonder if in the text as your character observes, if that wasn't meant to be your character lamenting over the death of Anduin, but it was changed.

And yeah I'm glad he survived, I liked the fact Anduin had the balls to do what he did.

A shame this just further makes the horde looks like something no better then the twilight hammer or cult of the damned.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 04:30 PM ----------

Yes! Feel it, Feel your hate for him growing!!

Ha, what I've been saying all along, people have the worst judgement of characters on these blogs.
    Yeah and you still need to give people freedom of opinion.
    Anyway, looks good honestly, can't wait for the horde ending.

Man that was epic..... Cant wait to slap Garrosh so super hard with my monk fist of justice and all things shiny. He deserves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, it certainly is stirring up a lot of emotion in players in how this war progresses. My attitude to Jaina has changed with her now insane, vengeful personality issues. Of course with Garrosh it was heading this way to no surprise there. And my respect of Anduin has grown a lot though the first patches of this game, the kids got some real balls on him.
    Agreed 100% there. :P

They've done a brilliant job of making people even more fanatical about their factions as well.

I like the lore, and not one specific faction over another...but for people who have never played both factions I suppose I can see why the faction pride is insanely high now.

Garrosh though...as much as they had people with split feelings over Thrall (I suppose the same probably applies to Varian and Anduin), I can't imagine there were many who ever cared much for Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

@Above Synstir: Jaina isn't losing her emotions, she's relatively calm compared to how she was in the book. However, it would be an interesting twist to see her as a boss.
    Think someone else will kill Garrosh not the players, so Blizzard can make it that it is not done by Alliance or Horde... It will do someone that will be a new Wachief.
    Like we had the end with Lich King.

Or we can look forward having All Horde and Alliance Lore Heroes together killing him with players. I just think that Blizzard wouldn't do something like that, else Players will be mad...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna read a little between the lines here on Jaina's reaction; I agree she was rather quick to anger and rather vicious with her threats to the Horde as a whole...

But first, lets pause, and take a moment and see how many people are left in Jaina's life that she could consider friends/family/loved ones.

Kul Tiras (Family) - Immediate family (that we know of) are dead (Older brother and father), and there has been no word from Kul Tiras in the entire history of WoW and it's possible that it could have been obliterated during the Shattering (This last part is theory, not fact.)

Theramore - Wiped off the map, as was its entire population (except in the book it's mentioned that a small ship with children and a few parents were sent to Gadgetzan (and apparently completely forgotten about))

Dalaran - Again, this is unfortunately not mentioned within the game (shame on you blizz) but it states in Tides of War, that while Jaina is happy with short visits to the new Dalaran, she no longer considers it 'home' as she once did.

Arthas - well duh....

In fact, the pool of people that she knows that ARE alive is quite small. To list a few that I know of that she interacts with more regularly, are Varian, Anduin, and Kalecgos (Kalec being Tides of War only for the most part....BLEGH), and loosely, are the rest of the Alliance leaders and the other five...cough, s'cuse me, four remaining members of the Dalaran Council.

To look more closely at her relationship with Anduin, we have to, unfortunately, again turn to the books, mostly The Shattering and Tides of War. It's noted several times in both that Anduin and Jaina share a close bond similar to that of adoptive aunt and nephew. Looking farther between the lines, Jaina could also (this is theoretical, NOT FACT) be considered a 'mother figure' for Anduin, who grew up (And still growing! ...well...actually he's kind mushy atm...) without a maternal figure in his life. To give a decent example, in The Shattering, with Varian's permission, Jaina allows Anduin sanctuary within Theramore whenever he feels his father became overbearing and unaccepting. (This is back when Varian was still dealing with his aggressive tendencies and often lashed out at people who preferred peace to conflict, hence Jaina also received a few verbal punches from him now and again) She offered him safety, acceptance, and allowed him to be Anduin, not The Prince of Stormwind.

So, going back to her reaction when seeing Anduin with near fatal crush injuries, and, linking this to the the possible fact that this is one of Jaina's few loved ones still surviving (however barely atm) I think I'd react somewhat...violently and venomously as well!

Also, give her time, it's also theorized that the mana bomb she was exposed to slightly altered her mind, and is therefore far quicker to anger, and a little slower to cool down. We'll see what happens after Velen appears and Anduin begins to recover, she might cool off by then!

/endgeekmod and hides behind very large wall to avoid thrown objects

Well done blizzard (clap), well done for making the current horde feel like a generic rip off from lord of the rings.

I respect Anduin for having the guts for what he did, should he pull though he's got the kind of integrity that a leader should have, taking action, trying to find another means, but not flaunting in the final moments. Thats what makes a good leader.

Sad that the horde has to suffer with this taint of a warchief. Anyone who still tries to defend Garrosh now... well, what can I say? He sacrifices his own people, he can only see his own victory as all that matters, and thinks he can control everything, and goes as far in trying to kill a youth who had the guts to stand against him.
    Well said.

My disgust with Garrosh kept rising with each quest I did.

The Horde is falling apart, and it is all Garrosh's fault.

I can't wait to kill him with my own hands.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 01:01 PM ----------

As Horde, I'm also glad he survived. Anduin has been doing nice things all over Pandaria.

And to Jaina... Bring it on! You made the Kirin Tor an Alliance faction... And I'll make you pay for that!

After I kill Garrosh...