Mistweaver stat priorities and gemming/reforging strategy

Curious enough, have stat priorities and gemming/reforging strategies changed since Mistweaver's took a hit on the last patch? I find myself that I'm consistently behind in 25 mans by a fair margin compared to our other healers, especially when our disc priests Spirit Shell is absorbing a crapton of damage. I realize we needed some tuning and previous to the patch I was beating other healers on sheer throughput on 95% of fights, but at this point, if we have 6 healers in the group, I'm almost _always_ in last place.

If anyone can make some suggestions on what I'm doing wrong with my gemming/reforging, here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atzah/advanced

I'm open for any criticism. If you'd like, I'll pull some logs also, maybe we'll find what I'm doing wrong there as well.

Get your haste to 3148ish in tiger stance (4722 in serpent stance) for an extra renewing mist tick.

Is my current haste cap not set proper?

Int > crit > spirit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mastery > haste.
    3145 in tiger is haste necessary for 2nd tick with 5% buff.

Perhaps I'm not understanding something. Why would you ever be in tiger stance? Whenever I'm healing, I'm in Serpent stance 100% of the time.

Because serpent stance give you 50% bonus haste from gear, so addons like reforge lite won't work well, or websites like wowreforge.

Unless they have been updated since, but I don't think so. So it's easier to swap stance and reforge than to add manually the 50% bonus to every piece of gear.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Your reforging looks roughly correct, although you are about ~125 points high on haste.

I'll differ with gnorrior and say int > spirit > haste cap > crit > mastery > haste, but you should be fine either way. Disc is broken good right now. I'm usually on the top end of our other healers right now, where previously I was head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. We don't have a holy paladin, to compare against though.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Perhaps I'm not understanding something. Why would you ever be in tiger stance? Whenever I'm healing, I'm in Serpent stance 100% of the time.
    1. Movement speed boost. 10% faster wipe recovery. And since you can't cast your statue in tiger, you can't forget to switch back (unless you forget to pre-place your statue, but then you just suck).
    2. You're not supposed to actually use tiger, but it's easier to reforge when you're in tiger, as serpent complicates things needlessly. Hence why the tiger value is listed.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Get your haste to 3148ish in tiger stance (4722 in serpent stance) for an extra renewing mist tick.
    I haven't been able to find anything that says our second breakpoint is this number.
    Everything I have seen is ~1345 for the first, and ~8000 for the next (for EvM and ReM)
    I know 5.1 came with some haste buffs, but can you explain to me why we get this number?
    It's bothering me, and I just want to be informed.

I'm not used to HoTs/DoTs as I've played an Hpal since wrath, how do we calculate these breakpoints?

The change happened when RM switched to ticking every 2 seconds instead of 3. The new haste caps are 150, 3148. 150 is insanely low meaning too many wasted stats so it's best to get the 11th tick with 3148 raw haste (will show in tiger stance w/o 50% haste increase). EnM didn't change tho, so the cap is just for RM. get that, reforge everything else into crit if it has spirit on it, if not, get a diff piece with spirit on it :P
    Things are tougher than they were, especially in 25 man, but if you get a good RM tracker to help with TFT timing, and use it OFTEN, your heals will go way up. I still top my 10 man pretty easily, but that's because every time TFT pops I get all 10 ticking, plus uplift spam... Makes unseen strikes a walk in the park as it's up every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything that says our second breakpoint is this number.
    Everything I have seen is ~1345 for the first, and ~8000 for the next (for EvM and ReM)
    I know 5.1 came with some haste buffs, but can you explain to me why we get this number?

I'm not used to HoTs/DoTs as I've played an Hpal since wrath, how do we calculate these breakpoints?
    It's pretty simple, you apply the standard haste formula to the HoT/DoT tick time, and then divide the total duration by the new tick time and round to the nearest whole number. Mathematically, it worked out to be ~3148 haste, but Blizzard is rounding differently somewhere causing it to only be 3145 in practice.

The haste formula is: NewCastTime = BaseCastTime/(1 + Haste%) (or NewTickTime = BaseTickTime/(1 + Haste%))

To get your Haste%, you need to multiply your haste values together. Usually this is just 5% from the raid buff and whatever you have from haste rating, so it works out to (1 + HasteRating/42500) * 1.05 - 1. (Note the -1 cancels out with the +1 in the formula above--most of the time it's skipped as part of the larger formula, but I'm breaking it out into parts).

Now to find the new number of ticks, take BaseTotalDuration / NewTickTime and round to the nearest whole number. The new total duration will be NewTickTime * NewNumTicks.

Two changes are relevant to our Renewing Mist breakpoints in the 5.1 patch: Our benefit from haste rating on items was increased by 50% (so if you have 1000 haste rating, now you have 1500 in serpent stance) and Renewing Mist was adjusted to tick every 2 seconds for 2/3 as much instead of every 3 seconds (more smaller ticks, but roughly the same total base healing).

So to calculate for 3145 haste rating:
    3145 * 1.5 = 4717.5 (4718)
    Haste% From Rating = 11.1% (4717.5 / 425)
    Total Haste = 1.05 * 1.111 = 16.655%
    Tick Time = 2 / 1.16655 = 1.71445716
    Total Ticks = 18 / 1.7 = 10.49895
    Round to the nearest whole # ~= 11 ticks. (should be 10 ticks, but blizzard is dropping some sig-figs or rounding somewhere making it work out to 11; it's very likely they're doing this all in integers for speed so they're limited to 2-4 places of decimal precision)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post

http://elitistjerks.com/f99/t129834-...3/#post2225897

There's discussion about the new breakpoints due to the RM change since page 10 or 11 to about 13. The break points for EM and how to calculate all this stuff is also within those pages. The rest "new" stuff is discussed about the value of T45 talents.

Yeah, most of the time I see a post about a mistweaver complaining, usually they have never reforged to the new breakpoint.

I really wish the guide would be updated on this forum, all the new breakpoints are buried in the last pages, there has been a lot of discussion about them, several threads about that, that are probably at page 5 now.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch