Poll: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    So it's disingenuous to include something on a list of things influenced by player feedback when Blizzard themselves said they did it as a response to feedback?
    It is absolutely disingenuous for them (and you) to claim that they're "giving the players what they asked for," and putting in more dailies.

A less polite way to phrase that is, "Dem bitches lyin."

You may think it's an appropriate little tid bit to add to your meaningless list of "Look, they listen!" - but I don't. I don't require that a list only have suggestions on it that I like, but on the whole, I don't think feedback indicated this is "what people wanted" by any means. CRZ falls under the same category, along with several other things on that list. Maybe Blizzard 'thought' it's what people were asking for, but I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Why does anyone want dead zones and servers!? They don't listen to the vocal minority, a few ragers on a forum is not feedback and they will not listen to that garbage.
    Maybe if quests or rarespawns or gathering nodes or a dozen other systems functioned differently than they do right now, you may be right.

I think a better question is, "Why would anyone want to compete with 10 other people for the same thing no matter what server they picked, or why they picked it?" A lot of cases are people on low pop servers, that are there by choice that are having their perks taken away with no advantage being returned. Who thinks that's a good idea? Blizzard, I guess.

If you're on a low pop server and you decide you want to level a new profession - "I want blacksmithing." - Well, you go to the auction house, and there's no copper there. Of course. Now you go out and farm it yourself. Then you run into 10 bots that are mining the same zones you're trying to farm, nonstop, all day, from other servers. Even worse, since they aren't from your server, you can't even buy it from them later. Why would anyone want to deal with that?
    Last edited by Daerio; 2012-12-12 at 09:04 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact they recognize they went overboard on the dailies in 5.0 proves they listen to feedback.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It is of course the wrong interpretation of what people wanted. When people said they were bored it was in large part because Blizzard didn't develop end game content at a fast enough rate to keep the progression treadmill going.
    uhm.. it sorta sounds like you are hung up on dailies. and forgive me if im wrong here.. but dailies is only ONE type of thing they gave to the community as a way to keep us busy. there was also pet battles, farmville, numerous rare spawns giving us totally neat vanity items, and hidden BoA's to search for. that should be thought of when thinking dailies was the ONLY thing given to keep us busy. they may have gone over board with the amount of dailies and rep grinds, since the rewards are more important to a larger group. but it certainly is not the only thing they gave us, as a direct response to player feedback of "give us more to do".
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Does blizzard listen or read posts? Maybe a little.

Do they give a rats ass what we think or post or have any real intention to use gamers ideas? Not a chance in hell.
    They can only tell you so many times that they do not design the game around player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The fact they recognize they went overboard on the dailies in 5.0 proves they listen to feedback.
    lip service
    n.
    Verbal expression of agreement or allegiance, unsupported by real conviction or action; hypocritical respect:
    But I'm sure they're completely serious in this case, right?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Listen? Yes.
    Respond? Sometimes, as warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    But I'm sure they're completely serious in this case, right?
    Why do you have such a personal grudge with Blizzard?.. 0.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's not a matter of thinking whether they do or not, it's about looking at the list in the OP and realizing that they HAVE listened to Feedback in all of those cases. D3 and SC2 most notably. D3 had a lot of issues, received a lot of feedback, and has received a LOT of changes based on that feedback. SC2 has added non-Blizzard maps (with Blizzard tweaks) into the ladder. They could do it more often, yes, but they do it. They've made a lot of changes recently in response to community feedback, actually. They've come a long way from their WC3 days when they just made random balance changes based on their own data without informing the community at all.

They've tweaked CRZ, and they're still working on it. If in a few months from now they haven't tweaked it more then that'll be bad. Though as it is it's improved quite a bit from the first couple weeks it was implemented, performancewise anyway.

They've done something with botting that they've never done before as a result of community feedback. There was a blue post that gave some insight into what the anti-cheat team at Blizzard is like and some of the issues they're running into with current bot software where they can be pretty sure that a person is botting but they can't prove it yet. That says a bit about Blizzard, but it says a lot about how motivated the people that make the bot software are. I'd say give it a little bit more time and we'll see a banwave. That said they ARE doing things about botters, as I mentioned in a thread yesterday someone that I know was recently banned for botting.

They do listen. They listen to players like me. Just not to players like you

On a more serious note, of course they listen. A majority of changes are based on what the community wants. Everything the OP points out also has a huge positive side that he neglects to mention. The real poll should have been:

Does Blizz do everything the OP wants?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It is absolutely disingenuous for them (and you) to claim that they're "giving the players what they asked for," and putting in more dailies.

A less polite way to phrase that is, "Dem bitches lyin."

You may think it's an appropriate little tid bit to add to your meaningless list of "Look, they listen!" - but I don't. I don't require that a list only have suggestions on it that I like, but on the whole, I don't think feedback indicated this is "what people wanted" by any means. CRZ falls under the same category, along with several other things on that list. Maybe Blizzard 'thought' it's what people were asking for, but I seriously doubt it.
    They are giving players what they asked for. Better dailies.

Unless you're only referring to players screaming that all dailies should be removed. Yeah, those guys get ignored. Just like the people who scream that CRZ/LFR/LFD/normal mode raids/etc. should be removed.

Maybe if quests or rarespawns or gathering nodes or a dozen other systems functioned differently than they do right now, you may be right.

I think a better question is, "Why would anyone want to compete with 10 other people for the same thing no matter what server they picked, or why they picked it?" A lot of cases are people on low pop servers, that are there by choice that are having their perks taken away with no advantage being returned. Who thinks that's a good idea? Blizzard, I guess.
    You're mad that rarespawns are rare again? That's kind of funny.

And which ore/herbs are you having problems farming? Please tell me which resources you're having a hard time gathering in a CRZ zone.

Which quests are hard to do in a CRZ zone? Got any specific examples or just throwing out more generalized arguments that fall apart when analyzed.

There was that guy in a previous thread who actually did give a specific example and said that Westfall was unable to sustain CRZ zones. Funny he never replied to me when I described in detail what I saw when I actually went to Westfall...which was still a pretty thinly populated zone even with CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why do you have such a personal grudge with Blizzard?.. 0.o
    tl;dr: Because they're a bunch of useless, hypocritical assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    SC2 has added non-Blizzard maps (with Blizzard tweaks) into the ladder.
    They take maps the community likes, take a nice blue shit on them, and then add them to the map pool. I don't see how that's a good thing, or qualifies as them listening to feedback. I feel like it's introduces more negativity than anything.

But you (and others) with a cursory glance, think "Hey, Blizzard did what you asked, good for them!" ... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    tl;dr: Because they're a bunch of useless, hypocritical assholes?
    So every time they've responded to the community, or said "That's a good idea, we'll take it into consideration"..

..Then, follow through with the fact that they do said suggestion, and the community either loves it or hates it because they can't please everyone..

....Makes them hypocritical assholes?

You're not even using logic.

You're looking at this in an illogical manner because the game, as it currently is, isn't what you want it to be.

And because of that, no matter what I say or anyone else, you will not listen.

People like you post on these forums every day and there's really no use arguing with them.

Ah well.

Nope, they are on corporate timelines now as were seeing with the types of updates they are putting out. I hate to be the actiblizzard guy, but it seemed to start when they had to start competing in house with activision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    You stoles it! You stoles my joke! That and negative nate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Ofcourse they do, but they can't do everything the community wants, Or else WoW would be ruined...
    You mean like how we told Blizzard how much rogues sucked during the MOP beta and Blizz not listening made rogues an awesome class you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    This was posted on the wow forums and deleted within 5 min from the mods but not the less I wanted to see what you guys think.

Huge uproar over CRZ but they have done very little to fix it.

Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."

Huge uproar about bots but nothing done

Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along

Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.

SC2 COMMUNITY-MADE maps,

WC3 Feeddback

D3 Feedback

Did I miss any?

Do they even listen to feedback anymore?

keep it constructive and civil
    they have been listening more then ever before trying to balance and fix the gameplay when its not working reducing the bot army its just taken time but if you been up to keep you can see they have been working quite hard. Blizzards community is some of the biggest whiny crybabys there is spoiled lazy and careless how do you please such a crowd. Is it not a main part of the problem of bots on the community to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they listen to feedback. No, they don't do every single stupid thing that the feedback suggests they do.

That's the answer. Hell, they even SAID exactly that a few days ago (and pretty much say the exact same thing every few months).

A more amusing question is; Do the vocal minority read and understand Blizzards responses to feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Nope, they are on corporate timelines now as were seeing with the types of updates they are putting out. I hate to be the actiblizzard guy, but it seemed to start when they had to start competing in house with activision.
    You know those blue posts on the front page?

Like, every day?

Them responding and taking in Player Feedback no matter how mean and lashing it is towards toward the devs?

That's them listening.

They don't have to do that.

GC doesn't have to answer a single person's tweets on Twitter.

Bashiok doesn't have to explain why Blizzard has done a single thing nor defend them nor take in Player Suggestions.

Yet they do.

And because of that, your argument you just made is invalid.

Yes and No is the best way to describe it.

They often listen to things they don't really have a feeling about one way or the other, I think dailies and some other changes over the years fall into this category.

They often don't listen, to their detriment, to things players try to tell them that they don't want to here. For instance you take GC and TfB for Warriors. The entire time it was on Beta the Warrior community begged him to change it, all they that was talked about was how bad it either screwed up the rotation, or was going to be a balancing nightmare in PvP. They put their fingers in their ears and told the community they were wrong and that we weren't playing it right. Now here we are and they have basically removed it in PvP, and in PvE its causing some really arkward rotation decisions that can lead to some serious DPS swings.

They listen to things they want to listen about, if its their pet project, no amount of data or player input is going to matter. Its the one flaw their feedback has always had.