Poll: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If Blizzard didn't listen to feedback, nor feedback given in game, we wouldn't have the game we have today.

Wanna know what'd we have?

We'd still have the problems that persistently existed in Vanilla with slight changes due to the evolving market.

They wouldn't have 10 million+ subscribers either.

They'd probably have more like 3 million at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Yes they listen to all feedback but, most of it they don't agree with.

I think, in general, there is a lot of exaggeration in a lot of complaint threads

"Huge uproar" ... that really means "I don't like it and I saw another poster who didn't like it either".

"They're not listening to feedback"... that really means "I complained about it on a forum and it wasn't immediately changed to be the way *I* want it".

They are listening. They just don't bend over and blindly do everything somebody qq's about.

1. Huge uproar over CRZ but they have done very little to fix it.
    They have been working on tweaking and making modifications. They simply aren't responding to the uproar stating "I don't want other players in the same area as me."

2. Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."
    Dailies have huge support. If they removed everything that caused an uproar there would be no game left.

3. Huge uproar about bots but nothing done
    They are actively working on this. Not just now, but always. It's not something that can be fixed instantly.

4. Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along
    Ebb and flow. Players are never happy with pvp and never will be.

5. Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.
    Which CRZ contributes to a solution, but then people complain that now there are other people *gasp* in the same zone they are trying to farm ore.
    They've stated they're still looking into additional solutions as well as developing CRZ further to address problems with it.

6. SC2 COMMUNITY-MADE maps,
    Have they stated it will never ever happen?

7. WC3 Feeddback
    I'm not surprised they don't have a lot of active development support on WC3 at this point.

8. D3 Feedback
    Such as?

Did I miss any?
    You missed the mountains of things that caused an uproar in the past like LFR. Or justice badges. Or 10 man raids being implemented for the same raid as 25 man. All those things that were absolutely ruining WoW and would completely kill it, but now the player base has grown to adjust and adapt to.

Do they even listen to feedback anymore?
    My favorite feature ever, Transmog, says yes.

At any point in time during WoW's life there have been huge uproars over one issue or another. Actually, let's extend that to all MMO's. I've never seen a MMO where there wasn't some huge uproars going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    I think, in general, there is a lot of exaggeration in a lot of complaint threads

"Huge uproar" ... that really means "I don't like it and I saw another poster who didn't like it either".

"They're not listening to feedback"... that really means "I complained about it on a forum and it wasn't immediately changed to be the way *I* want it".

They are listening. They just don't bend over and blindly do everything somebody qq's about.

I would say a huge uproar as in that people keep complaining about it. CRZ for example has had 17 caped threads on it that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    1. Huge uproar over CRZ but they have done very little to fix it.
    They have been working on tweaking and making modifications. They simply aren't responding to the uproar stating "I don't want other players in the same area as me."

2. Huge uproar over dailies and they say "Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1."
    Dailies have huge support. If they removed everything that caused an uproar there would be no game left.

3. Huge uproar about bots but nothing done
    They are actively working on this. Not just now, but always. It's not something that can be fixed instantly.

4. Huge uproar about the state of pvp but well pvp is always been messed up moving along
    Ebb and flow. Players are never happy with pvp and never will be.

5. Uproar over server population issues and faction inbalance.
    Which CRZ contributes to a solution, but then people complain that now there are other people *gasp* in the same zone they are trying to farm ore.
    They've stated they're still looking into additional solutions as well as developing CRZ further to address problems with it.

6. SC2 COMMUNITY-MADE maps,
    Have they stated it will never ever happen?

7. WC3 Feeddback
    I'm not surprised they don't have a lot of active development support on WC3 at this point.

8. D3 Feedback
    Such as?

Did I miss any?
    You missed the mountains of things that caused an uproar in the past like LFR. Or justice badges. Or 10 man raids being implemented for the same raid as 25 man. All those things that were absolutely ruining WoW and would completely kill it, but now the player base has grown to adjust and adapt to.

Do they even listen to feedback anymore?
    My favorite feature ever, Transmog, says yes.
    To add to your point, basically EVERYTHING that Blizzard has added to the game that seems to teeter toward one crowd in game, there's been an uproar.

Then people get over it.

Then people start to really, really like it.

Then they praise Blizzard for it.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I'm sorry but if you think in WoW let alone any other game blizzard creates, that they ignore their player base, then your an idiot
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I would say a huge uproar as in that people keep complaining about it. CRZ for example has had 17 caped threads on it that I know of
    And I'm sure Blizzard is tweaking CRZs and will tweak them more in the future. Isn't that the very definition of listening to the playerbase?

They do. They just can't cater to everyone's little complaint or improvement to the game and have to sift through the bullshit that usually come from people's mouths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Do you even know how Blizzard goes about dealing with cheaters and bots? They watch and learn, then they fix, and then they ban them all in one wave. It is how it has always been, no reason why it should change now. They will ban them in due time when they're certain the loopholes have been plugged. Sure, it's annoying to have the cheating scum running around, but I'd rather have Blizzard do their job properly than rush something through.
    A lot of us who have been... less than pleased with Blizz in the last couple years do tend to over-react. And yes, there's almost certainly someone who will rage about any changes to the game. But banwaves are for all practical purposes a myth at this point. You're hurting your own credibility when you claim that Blizz is somehow "waiting for the right time" for a banwave.

CRZ is probably the worst idea they've come up with for WoW. When I first read over it, I was like "Cool, a way to level with friends." Then I realized they were going to force cross realm on everybody, willing or not - which, BTW, they did NOT EXPRESS in patch notes before they released it. If they just straight took that part out, 90% of the issues with it would disappear. People have been complaining about CRZ nonstop since beta.

I guess at the same time, Blizzard would lose out on the main reason they put development time on CRZ in the first place, which is less server-side requirements. (which they really shouldn't be worried about at this point anyway, imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    CRZ is probably the worst idea they've come up with for WoW. When I first read over it, I was like "Cool, a way to level with friends." Then I realized they were going to force cross realm on everybody, willing or not - which, BTW, they did NOT EXPRESS in patch notes before they released it. If they just straight took that part out, 90% of the issues with it would disappear. People have been complaining about CRZ nonstop since beta.

I guess at the same time, Blizzard would lose out on the main reason they put development time on CRZ in the first place, which is less server-side requirements. (which they really shouldn't be worried about at this point anyway, imo)
    I love CRZ.

Other people do too.

Some people don't like it.

They keep tweeking it by PLAYER SUGGESTION and FEEDBACK to make it better.

Simple as that.

I'd guess 90% of feedback is "I WANT this...", the other 10% is "I think this would be good for the game as a whole"

Theres a lot of noise and not a lot of signal. I believe absolutely that Blizz listens to the latter feedback. The former gets ignored, as it should. Theres far too many self centred people that can't think past how something affects their own gaming experience. You don't even have to look past the first page of topics on this or any other forum for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    People have been complaining about CRZ nonstop since beta.
    I hear very few complaints on my server. Probably because I play on a PvE server. I'd guess over 90% of the complaints about CRZ on MMO-C are from people who rolled on PvP servers raging about getting ganked.

Deleted
    I think they've always selectively listened to feedback based on arbitrary choices.

All depends what you mean. Activision Vivendi Blizz spend a lot of money, a lot, on research and consumer profiles. They then take that info and work it into their philosophy of "the most amount of money every year forever." If a particular player request doesn't jive w annualization, it simply won't get implemented.

So, no, they don't. Blizz is a for-profit company, that doesn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    A lot of that is the result of an echo-chamber effect that forums naturally have. I am willing to bet money that all of those threads are filled with many of the same posters. Even if each one of those threads contained nothing but complaints, and each post was from a unique player, it would still be an insignificant minority of the playerbase. Even the one true "victory" of the playerbase that is claimed against Blizzard (real names on the forums) wasn't changed due to the direct result of player feedback. It was changed because of the legal ramifications involved. And the outcry against that was far greater than any of the supposed game breaking issues that groups of people complain about today.

So yes, they listen to feedback. Listening and agreeing are not the same thing. And agreeing does not necessarily mean instant implementation, nor that the eventual changes will be exactly what a player or group of players asked for. No product, video game related or otherwise, is designed by democracy nor should they be. People in general are too self-interested to maintain the objectivity required once group-think takes over. All we would end up with is a gigantic mess.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    All depends what you mean. Activision Vivendi Blizz spend a lot of money, a lot, on research and consumer profiles. They then take that info and work it into their philosophy of "the most amount of money every year forever." If a particular player request doesn't jive w annualization, it simply won't get implemented.

So, no, they don't. Blizz is a for-profit company, that doesn't listen.
    Your post makes no sense. How can a company want to "make the most money for ever" if they don't listen to customers that subscribe to their product? I see this argument all too often on the forums and I've yet to see logic or thought to back it up. It's just a cop out rubbish with no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    A lot of us who have been... less than pleased with Blizz in the last couple years do tend to over-react. And yes, there's almost certainly someone who will rage about any changes to the game. But banwaves are for all practical purposes a myth at this point. You're hurting your own credibility when you claim that Blizz is somehow "waiting for the right time" for a banwave.
    Just because it's not well-advertised these days doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But, in time you'll see.