Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Post Blingtron ia a taker, not a giver.

Not long after i leveled to 90, i also leveled my engineering and made me a Bingtron 4000. It was really expensive to make,, but hoped to get some of his infinite wealth in return. So far i got an average of 10 gold a day, so guess it will take me about a year to break even. Only thing other then useless crap i got so far, is the +profession skill which i ofc don't need.

The only people who seem to benefit from Bling's wealth are the random people even without engineering who can just get extra gold or loot for free and have the same chance at something nice as people who spend on Bling. TBH it seems really unfair and i would like to suggest, that if you own a Bling you at least have a +10% for something good to drop, since you did the work and spend on it.

I realise the drop chance in general has been upped, but still think owners should benefit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    So letting other people benefit for free from your profession is unfair? Welcome to the world of enchanters in dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    So letting other people benefit for free from your profession is unfair? Welcome to the world of enchanters in dungeons.
    Not saying people can't benefit, saying the owner should have a little higher chance. You make money on enchants don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    lol least you remember to use yours daily cause I forget to use mine all the time.

I think this falls in line with engineers getting some of the profit from people using their jeeves to repair. would be nice, but will not ever happen.

Deleted
    just drop it in your farm as the phasing means other people can't see it if you that bothered, or drop it in a raid with your guild or something, istances and phasing are the way forward if you want to stop others using.

me personally I climb to unusual places then watch people trying to get to it.

Oh gods, not this again. It's bad enough with the enchanters...

Blingtron is fun. He's a bonus, he's interesting, he's different. He creates something to talk about, helps generate a little bit of community. Sure, most of the time you'll get crap. But sometimes you'll get something that vendors for 200 gold, or perhaps you may even get an engineering mount out of it!

The bonus that an engineer gets is that they can be absolutely certain they'll see a Blingtron every single day. Anyone else has to either bug an Engineer, or hope they spot one at some point that day. Sometimes you'll see about 50 per day; sometimes you won't see one at all. Depends on how high population the server is.

Personally, I made one on my Engineer because he's fun. I like being able to give other people gifts, it's nice. I didn't really do it for myself, and honestly going into making Blingtron with a 'me me me' attitude probably isn't the right way to go about it.

I see no real reason to change it, in all honesty. But hey, if you're really bothered, just summon your Blingtron at the bottom of Vashj'ir. Nobody else can use it then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twoedgedcircle View Post
    Not saying people can't benefit, saying the owner should have a little higher chance. You make money on enchants don't you?
    If you think in that way..., you make money with scopes and with the mounts... don't you?

I usually take mine to the very entrance of orgrimmar and announce in yell so the most people can benefit from it.

Selfishness is getting out of hand imo.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Not anymore.

Deleted
    I can understand why you want it, Engineering have been completly useless for a long time, No really beside Gobline glider there is fun enough, what can engineers to, They can make mounts, That cost 48k just for vendor mats, While a jewlcrafter only need 1 of them. WHY is that? i can not see the reason to why engineer mount, Even all the mats you have to get is more expensive, So why also have suchs a high vendor items prise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    I usually take mine to the very entrance of orgrimmar and announce in yell so the most people can benefit from it.

Selfishness is getting out of hand imo.
    Tbh, i always place it where most people are so they also benefit, most near ah in Org or in Hall of Cres. Wasn't my point to not share, my point was, that since i spend 4k on making it as an engineer, that it would be nice to get some in return, my average is really 10g a day, that 8nt much. But don't care to much about g in return, just up the item chance drop for owners of Bling. Btw, on my server you don't make g as an engineer, nothing sells anymore.

Tbh, i always place it where most people are so they also benefit, most near ah in Org or in Hall of Cres. Wasn't my point to not share, my point was, that since i spend 4k on making it as an engineer, that it would be nice to get some in return, my average is really 10g a day, that 8nt much. But don't care to much about g in return, just up the item chance drop for owners of Bling. Btw, on my server you don't make g as an engineer, nothing sells anymore.
    Yeah wasn't aimed particularly at you, moreso at Belimawr. I should have quoted

Blingtron has already made me over 20k gold.

Deleted
    Not long after i leveled to 90, i also leveled my engineering and made me a Bingtron 4000. It was really expensive to make,, but hoped to get some of his infinite wealth in return. So far i got an average of 10 gold a day, so guess it will take me about a year to break even. Only thing other then useless crap i got so far, is the +profession skill which i ofc don't need.
    Personally i go with making sure to be on an alt still leveling their proffesions for just the case where I get one of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of enchanters in dungeons.
    All that sounded like to me was "QQ i can't squeeze an extortionate amount of money from other people and have to make the same amount of money as other professions"

Blingtron offers very little benefit is comparison to say jeeves but it's most likely because it's supposed to be a fun item rather than a chance for profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was around doing "Need or Pass" dungeons and was raking it in on enchants, now not so much.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

I usually place mine in really obscure places, but then announce in guild/trade where I dropped it.

...what? It's my passive aggressive way of making others work for it. >

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Yeah wasn't aimed particularly at you, moreso at Belimawr. I should have quoted
    I was only telling him where he could drop them if he didn't want people to get them, but you can't tell me it's not fun to set a bit of a challenge and seeing people trying to get to it, I've actually been placing mine on the ledge above the main door into two moons, there is only one way up there but it's interesting to see how many people you can get up on the ledge in the 10mins its up.

I just got one of the new rocket mounts a couple days ago. Thank you engineers!