Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new dps arms warr

Hay guys been lvling as arms and working on a good dps rotation and what not i just have a few questions, also any tips would be helpful.

so i was wondering at how many stacks of hungering for blood you should use heroic strike instead of slam. Also should i just let it fall off if i only have one stack and don't get another before the cd hits about 2 sec. Also my aoe rotation is ms(for the rage), thunder clap, shock wave, and ww to spend my rage as well it seams pretty good but was wondering if it was the best way.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 stacks TfB makes it worth using over slam if you have only one stack just let it drop and keep doing your rotation. Also why are you using Shockwave? If not for challenge modes there's no reason not to take DR. Don't forget Sweeping Strikes for you AOE

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, answering your last question first. Thunder clap V WW depends on gear ilvl compared to weapon ilvl. If you have a low item level compared to your weapon, WW will hit harder. If your ilvl is much higher, TC will hit harder. This is due to TC scaling with AP and WW scaling with weapon damage, and assumes a sustained AOE fight like wind lord, where you'd glyph TC. Practically, you'd use TC every 15 seconds to keep up the bleed on mobs, and WW otherwise, with MS-OP as normal. On fights with only 1-2 adds, such as stone guard, just use sweeping strikes. As well, don't use cleave. Its not even on my bar.

TfB with 1 stack let it drop in most cases with a few exceptions, such as if bloodbath and CS are both about to run out before you'd get a slam in. (CS is roughly 40% increased damage, and BB would increase the damage by 30%). Normally you want to use TfB stacks above 2 stacks, but not if there is a chance you can get more stacks without rage capping or going outside a CD phase.

Honestly, arms is a really simple spec to play at its most basic level, but to really play it well you have to know it and your gear perfectly.

i dont have sweeping strikes yet thats why i am using shockwave i wrote this when i was lvl 68 or so was wanting to get some feed back on it before i hit max lvl so i can be practicing while i lvl. Thanks for the posts using shock wave right now because i can use it more offten in the dungons shit dies to fast to have such a long cd on DR plus the knock back would just piss people off lol. Also i did notae how cleave hits like a wet noodle even with a 5 stack going it just sucks.

Deleted
    Taste for Blood doesn't stack anymore.

Taste for Blood still stacks in pve, just not pvp(1 stack isn't worth anything)

But even when you have 1 stack on TfB, use it and slam at the same time if you have the rage.

do people even use Deadly calm in pve it seams quit pointless. on collosis smash do you use it on cd or only when you dont have the rage to slam and to keep the debuff up.

Also could you point any thing out that's wrong with this dps rotation CS(For the debuff)> MS > Slam >HS(if you have 2 or more stacks)> Execute(when you can.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    do people even use Deadly calm in pve it seams quit pointless. on collosis smash do you use it on cd or only when you dont have the rage to slam and to keep the debuff up.

Also could you point any thing out that's wrong with this dps rotation CS(For the debuff)> MS > Slam >HS(if you have 2 or more stacks)> Execute(when you can.)
    Macro DC to HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the TfB nerfs, I'd imagine Fury would pull that much more DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury Junior View Post
    TFB nerfs only affect pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    TFB nerfs only affect pvp.
    I thought PvE can only have 3 stacks now? Or am I wrong there too?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

I thought PvE can only have 3 stacks now? Or am I wrong there too?
    Pve can have 5 stacks still

The first pvp nerf was 3 stacks, now 1 stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    Pve can have 5 stacks still

The first pvp nerf was 3 stacks, now 1 stack.
    Ah, I see. Well doesn't affect me much since I do PvP with Fury.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Macro DC to HS.
    Whats the point tho with out tfb stacks it is a waste to use hs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point tho with out tfb stacks it is a waste to use hs.
    Not true at all. In many fights you'll cap rage if you only use slam as a rage dump. In addition, a HS during a CD phase when you wouldn't be able to get another slam in before that phase is over will hit harder, even with no TfB stacks. (Example, during the last 1.5 seconds of a CS with BB+crit trinket up a single HS will hit harder than an unbuffed slam.)

This is even more true for fights with heavy damage, where you'll be swapping to berserker stance for the rage gain. For example, during heroic Elegon, I actually used more HS than slams. On other fights, I use slam around 40% more often. Feel free to check logs if you'd like to compare.

I don't get it slam hits harder has a shorter cd and uses the same amount of rage why would you ever want to use hs. Out side of when there are enought tfb stacks. Just seams like a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it slam hits harder has a shorter cd and uses the same amount of rage why would you ever want to use hs. Out side of when there are enought tfb stacks. Just seams like a waste of time.
    Because many times you can't spend enough rage on only slams to keep from rage capping. In which case you spend that rage on HS instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Because many times you can't spend enough rage on only slams to keep from rage capping. In which case you spend that rage on HS instead.
    Stop repeating the same blanket statement with out explaining why its a good idea to use it. Slam and HS cost the same, why would you need to use HS to use your rage when you have slam.

Arms changes don't effect or change Fury's damage output by any means.
    I think what you're meaning to say is that the TfB nerfs will create more steps on the ladder between Arms and Fury.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 05:08 PM ----------

How can something that IS NOT on the GCD possibly be a "waste of time" ?!

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 05:10 PM ----------

Stop repeating the same blanket statement with out explaining why its a good idea to use it. Slam and HS cost the same, why would you need to use HS to use your rage when you have slam.
    In this sense if you had exactly enough rage to use Slam and you have less than ~2 stack of TfB, I don't see why you would HS.

Deleted
    Because sometimes you don't have the empty gcd to use slam. E.g. mortal strike -> CS -> OP -> OP (proc) -> ms -> OP -> CS (proc CD reset) -> OP (proc) -> ms.

These situations are rare and slam is obviously the go-to rage dump for arms most of the time, but they do happen.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-21 at 10:41 PM.