Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Around 3 months of grinding and no weapon

I'm not sure if Blizzard reads these forums but this is simply to add more ammunition against this subject.

They should have added Valor point weapons to the game. I've been grinding daily quests which I HATE every week just to get the 3 elder tokens for a bonus roll on loot. I've done this for the 3 months or however long the LFDR has been open in MoP.

If I look at all my Elegon kills from LFR, I have 8 kills. 4 Amber shaper and 6 Sha of Fear. 18 rolls on bosses which drop weapons not counting using Elder charms and I've gotten nothing. Now if you also add the 3 charms I've used only on bosses which drop weapons almost every time, that's a lot of chances at getting a weapon, yet still nothing.

So I've just went and grinded dailies which I hate, just for an extra chance at getting a weapon yet even after all these rolls I've done on weapon dropping bosses, I've still had no weapon.

I can't think of any good reason there's no buyable weapons in MoP for Valor points. Yes, I am well aware that they typically give some classes the best increase in DPS however there's no good reason I can think of for completely omitting them when they can be introduced at a fairly high price (3500 or something) for people that want to grind the points.

I'm well aware it is random and extra charms don't guarantee loot, so there's no point bringing it up as I've seen a lot of you do in similar threads. Randomness is fine but I should have the option to buy an item if I've been grinding monotonous, mind numbing, boring, repetitive daily quests in the vain hope that I might actually get a weapon this week, only to be dissapointed time and time again. If I've done something so many times and I still don't even have an option to buy a weapon with all the Valor I've grinded which is another grind anyway, it's incredibly frustrating.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you start running Normal raids. It will greatly increase your chances of getting a weapon over LFR alone. If you don't plan to run normal raids, then you should be fine with a 463 weapon (upgradeable to 471 via JP btw).
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I have friends who run lfr and and normals every week possible and use coins on every boss that can drops weapons and haven't even seen them yet. I got lucky in a sense that I got a lfr spirit weapon on my mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post

Randomness is fine but I should have ........
    There is no 'should' in rng I fear

If all you do is grind dailies and LFR, why do you want a new weapon which makes the content you do even easier than it already is? Saving time is the only thing I can think of, but what's the point in playing a game and just making it quicker? I honestly don't understand why.

Deleted
    Welcome to World of Warcraft.

Thi is just how MMOs are, How long did Cata last, close to a year? Because it took me until around T13 to replace my Zul'aman dungeon helm, and I replaced it with the tier 11 helm after we went to get someone the heroic neferian achieve. I didn't have a "current" tier helm until well into T13.

Just roll with the punches, sometimes you're not lucky.

As Scathbais said, your current weapon should be fine for the content you're doing, start upping the difficulty of content (be this through arena or proper raiding) and you'll also up the chances of getting an upgrade, which sounds right to me.

Deleted
    I agree unrealeck, adding valor weapons for 3500 Valor would be a wonderful solution.

You could have easily obtained a pvp weapon from conquest points just by capping in arenas each week. After 3 months, winning 1 random a day would have made you close to points for a weapon. For all intents and purposes a pvp weapon will be at least equal to one from LFR in stats and really only healers miss out since the pvp weapon doesn't have spirit. Sadly you may be another month out if you haven't gotten any conquest points. Either way pvp weapons are a viable option right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I agree unrealeck, adding valor weapons for 3500 Valor would be a wonderful solution.
    That would make it unobtainable!! :O (3000 cap)

>.<

I agree though, Valor weapon would be nice.

3500 is 4 weeks of pure valor grinding and I think that is 'enough' of a hassle if you still dont have a weapon.
    even just 3000 cap is 3 weeks, and I think that is enough

Deleted
    3001 valor then

Ye i know how you feel man, back in cata i killed Yor'sashj hc 36 times and NEVER got my boots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargol View Post
    You could have easily obtained a pvp weapon from conquest points just by capping in arenas each week. After 3 months, winning 1 random a day would have made you close to points for a weapon. For all intents and purposes a pvp weapon will be at least equal to one from LFR in stats and really only healers miss out since the pvp weapon doesn't have spirit. Sadly you may be another month out if you haven't gotten any conquest points. Either way pvp weapons are a viable option right now.
    This crossed my mind once or twice. I'm not so sure the PvP weapons (ilvl 470) are on par with the LFR ones though. Still, it would be forcing people to PvP, which is not really a good thing. With that said though, they have forced people to grind for PvE weapons to PvP when this season started.

Either way I think Valor point weapons is a very reasonable solution. It still requires time and effort to get them and negates the amount of frustration which comes with rolling 45+ times on bosses with weapons on their loot table and getting nothing.

Yeah, it's annoying but it happens. In Wrath I never got a 2h weapon for my warrior in Ulduar (I was first in line to get it) and we raided 10 and 25 every week starting the first week. I also never got plate boots the entire T7 tier (off of Malygos).

Hey man, I was healing with heroic Carapace breaker up until last week. RNG is RNG.

I ran Heroic & Normal Blackwing Decent since it was launched, every single week. The Magmaw trinket (Stamina) never dropped, and to this day, after running it countless times for Mounts / Titles for Guildies, it still hasn't dropped.

I don't think adding a Valor Point weapon is the solution. In your case, and like many others like you, you simply don't need the upgrade. You want it, but you don't need it. With the Item Upgrade function alone, you can improve it to suit your needs. You're not interested in Normal / Heroic Raids, so I can't see why you would care about it.

Finishing your dailies or dungeons 30 seconds faster overall is not a major benefit of going through all this hassle. Accept that RNG isn't fair, and just await your desired loot, but don't get worked up over it. You don't need it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheProxy View Post
    Hey man, I was healing with heroic Carapace breaker up until last week. RNG is RNG.
    I know that feeling!

If you want a weapon (or decent loot at all, for that matter), you need to actually raid Normal Modes.

There is also no way you have killed Sha of Fear 6 times on LFR on the same character and been eligible for loot all those times (since you said you aren't counting bonus rolls in your math)... I assume you don't mean Sha of Anger (since he obviously doesn't drop weapons), but I cannot understand at all your math if you aren't counting bonus rolls.

You can easily grind out a PvP weapon in just a few weeks. If you really, really, really wanted an epic weapon, you should have started capping arena weeks ago.

I am sorry for your bad luck, but if you are actually interested in getting raiding gear, you should start raiding. Otherwise, while I am sure it will help you do dailies faster, there isn't much of a point to have an epic weapon if you aren't actually going to raid (not talking about PvP, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    If I look at all my Elegon kills from LFR, I have 8 kills. 4 Amber shaper and 6 Sha of Fear. 18 rolls on bosses which drop weapons not counting using Elder charms and I've gotten nothing. Now if you also add the 3 charms I've used only on bosses which drop weapons almost every time, that's a lot of chances at getting a weapon, yet still nothing.
    you should run H Stormstout brewery daily as well for a chance at the 476 1hander from there

I too am having trouble with getting a weapon. I did win the 1h axe from elegon...but its just sitting in my bag waiting for a second 1h. I have done Elegon, The amber shaper, and the sha every week since each of them were released and used coins on each of them every single week. Like I said...so far I have only gotten one 1h weapon =(
    Lukily I do arena every week so I do have my conquest weapon for now

"Thread: Around 3 months of grinding and no weapon"

Raid have only been open since 1 week after MoP launch, and MSV LFR part 2 (where elegon is) was 2 weeks after that. You have not been grinding for 3 months (more like 2 at best). Also I call your bluff on 6 Sha of Fear LFR kills:

"Tuesday, November 20 - Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring and Terrace of Endless Spring on Raid Finder"

Only half of your Sha kills would have actually given you a chance at a weapon, so saying you have 6 kills doesn't have much weight.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-12-06 at 06:05 PM.

The pvp weapon used to be a good fall-back, but it's not anymore. It's far too much work* (if you don't normally pvp) for a weapon that is clearly inferior for pve.

The craftable BoA staff was a nice option for those classes. That could have been expanded to other professions (maybe not the BoA model - just crafted 476s). Make them cost an obscene amount of SoH to keep the supply down early on.

* grind honor set, find partner(s), win 40 matches over 4-5 weeks