Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW: The First trailer

Thought this would be interesting to some new players (or old!).

Shambling undead, very buffed humans, skinny orcs and dragons..

Bask in the glory of the past!
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that old style Blizzard logo. So familiar...

Interesting. This trailer has a much darker and sinister feel than the game itself ended up having. It's a bit closer to Diablo in tone.

Impressive.

Deleted
    What I love about that trailer is that Optimus Prime is narating it, god Peter Cullen is fucking awesome.

Ah Peter Cullen (aka Optimus Prime and Venger). They should have used him for the race intro voice overs. Maybe then I would not skip them anymore.

As for the video: It does have a more dark and sinister feel than the game has. Even more so than WC3 and earlier. The shambling skeletons in Tirisfal/Plaguelands (not sure which that was supposed to be) seemed more menacing. And the more barbaric human was definitely different from what we have, and gave more the feel of vrykul than human. And the boney orc shaman type dude is a far cry from the orcs now.

Awesome trailer, brings a lot of memories :P

Ah, wow. That was neat! I always wondered about the original/older trailers.

Does seem to be darker and a bit more menacing. I like.

It's amazing how dated and basic the 3d models are in this original cinematic compared to the small gap of time between it and the final vanilla cinematic released with the game, considering how awesome the final version still looks today.

In that small gap of time you can see the evolution between the point where in many ways digital sculpting was about a compromise with limitations before it became much more like sculpting with actual clay and able to convey nuance in the actual form rather than having to try to make something that looks like a sculpture out of basic geometric shapes.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing this & saying im gunna play the hell out that game
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

As always music is beyond epicness in all Blizzard products...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... when the game comes out?

Peter Cullen is a good argument for cloning -- we need to keep that man's voice intact somehow for future generations to enjoy!

Sits there playing EVE...oh a trailer for a new game in the WC universe...looks alright this, might give it a chance when it comes out...

Deleted

Anyone remember this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Sits there playing EVE...oh a trailer for a new game in the WC universe...looks alright this, might give it a chance when it comes out...
    Sat there playing warcraft3... Thinking I could remake that intro in the World Editor.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I have no idea how I've missed seeing this trailer!.. and I've been playing since classic. Thanks for digging it up, always liked Blizzard cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post

Anyone remember this one?
    I don't know about you but I got chills.

Peter Cullen have such an awesome voice, I wish he voiced someone in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I don't know about you but I got chills.

Peter Cullen have such an awesome voice, I wish he voiced someone in game.
    Completely agree. That man has an amazing voice. I have a huge man-crush on that dude because of his voice (same goes for Christopher Lee). Wish so badly that Blizzard would have utilized that man in someone's voice, instead of over-using Metzen to where he basically talks to himself. Metzen has a good voice that fits a number of bosses, but when practically every male is voiced by him from classic WoW, it kinda breaks the immersion.

Also, got a smile at the uncharted dungeon of Maraudon. How times have changed, that Blizzard could get away with adding in a dungeon that was NOT end game post-launch. If Blizzard added in such a thing now, people would rage so badly, especially if they didn't make a heroic version.

I was so hoping for a wow movie trailer... so dis.. disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne