Deleted

Soloing Sunwell in crappy gear

I have 90lvl hunter with crappy gear (460ish) and i'd like to get some SWP armor for transmog. Is it possible to solo anything in SWP by just letting pet tank and shooting away like an idiot? Laugh if you want but i'm not seeking challenge when hunting transmog gear. Never killed any boss in there.

Deleted
    First boss not soloable, but skippable.
    Second boss will be fine.
    Third boss needs either 75k+ dps or for you to actually know tactics for air phase.
    Fourth through sixth shouldn't be a big problem, can't think of anything particularly deadly.

I expect so, although as far as I remember the first boss still isn't doable, so you'd have to skip him. You should be able to ignore the mechanics on the second and third bosses with enough DPS, although I haven't tried it at 90 yet. I'd imagine the rest are pretty easy after that!

Everything but the 1st one was easily soloable, even the 3rd one (he does Valiona/Theralion fly, so you just need to move away from the flames, don't know how this boss is hard).

On second boss make sure your Heart of the Pheonix is up, because with insufficient DPS your pet will die.

You'll probably have to do the air phase for Felmyst in that kind of gear, but it's not too bad. Be warned though it can be a bit buggy. Sometimes you can get hit by it and everything will be fine. Other times Felmyst will completely despawn.

The other bosses aren't too bad at all.

It's doable for sure. I would bring a health pot or two just in case, though you may not need it. Brutallus and Felmyst are the only slightly challenging ones. You'll definitely have the air phase for Felmyst, don't stand in green shit and dodge the three passes she does overhead...you will get mc'd if you do and there is no way out. You won't be able to zerg her before she takes off with that gear, you need to do like 115k dps or so for that to happen, so be prepared to have to do it. The last three bosses are cake.

Damn, first one isn't soloable? Only one I need >.<
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    460 ilvl is far more than enough to solo every bosses ranging from level 60 to 80, excluding Kalecgos and Valithria.

-Kalecgos cannot be soloed due to mechanics.
    -Brutallus is a total faceroll, just check if Mend Pet is up every now and then.
    -Felmyst is faceroll aswell, with enough dps you can kill her before P2 hits. If she starts flying, avoid Fog of Corruption. If you cannot avoid it, there's a bug that sometimes occurs (not sure what causes it) that makes you just stand there, MC'ed, untile she lands again. Afterwards you're free and can finish her off.
    -Eredar Twins, M'uru and Kil'jaeden aren't a problem.

Deleted
    Bring a friend for Kalecgos, and remember to kill the blood elfs with bows, because they deal % dmg

SWP is a joke now even in heroic blues

First boss is skippable which means you dont need to do it just skirt around him(but watch out for the trash before hand those hunters can hit like a train so single target them down)
    Second boss go nuts on the dps pots food etc
    third boss go nuts again his breath wont MC you (not sure if it was a bug at the time i did it)
    Forth boss was tricky the debuffs will hurt
    fifth boss i had no trouble with
    Last boss was just a tank and spank

I would advise you get a spirit beast and do it BM spec

I solo'd it last expansion in Firelands gear and it was very difficult.
    i.imgur.com/oqQM0.jpg

It is a joke now, even with 460 ilvl. Here's some basic tips to make it easier on you:

Skip first boss.
    -Pet tank second boss, stand to the side so you dont get meteor slashed. Use cower when he debuffs your pet, keep mend pet up.
    -You won't have the DPS to kill third boss in one phase. After she flies up and stops shooting lazers at you look where she flies. She will pick one of 3 'lanes' and breath down them, dodge this. Repeat 3 times.
    -Fourth boss is easy. Doesn't matter which one you kill first. Pet tank the shadow one. Feign death when the fire one casts Conflagrate at you.
    -Fifth boss zerg down the boss in the middle as fast as you can. Kill the adds that came. Kill the boss that revived.
    -Sixth boss. Move from things and kill adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Bring a friend for Kalecgos, and remember to kill the blood elfs with bows, because they deal % dmg
    I have no friends.

Anyway, thank you all for tips. Been doing dailies only in past weeks on my hunter, maybe i'll run few heroics before to replace my crafted pvp items etc. Just noticed that few SWP mail armors (sadly not brutal set) match decently for certain WotLK arena season shoulders, so that's why i asked this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I have no friends.

Anyway, thank you all for tips. Been doing dailies only in past weeks on my hunter, maybe i'll run few heroics before to replace my crafted pvp items etc. Just noticed that few SWP mail armors (sadly not brutal set) match decently for certain WotLK arena season shoulders, so that's why i asked this.
    Made me laugh. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Felmyst was the only boss that gave me issue, had 476 ilvl then. The breath bugged during air phase two pulls, and completely covered the entire area, leaving nowhere to run. Third pull didn't bug, and was able to kill it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    and remember to kill the blood elfs with bows, because they deal % dmg
    this, so much this! the slayers (trashmobs) have killed many a cocky lvl 80, 85, and 90 who didnt know of this

and for eredar twins, i find killing grand warlock first to be beneficial.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    very easily done just beware of mob mechanics and will breeze through.

Was easy to farm at 85, so I can't imagine it would cause anyone trouble now - but yes, Kalecgos is unsoloable, unless they changed him along with the other bosses (reliquary of souls, gunship, c'thun etc.)