Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WindLord HC - Mending.. Does it heal the boss?

Was wondering on windlord HC does the mending cast from the menders heal the boss? journal says:

"Battle-Menders mend their allies, healing a group of the swarm for 35% of their maximum health."

By the sounds of it it doesnt heal the boss, only the add's?

Am wondering because when we killed the menders tonite and they respawned, we missed an interrupt while we was remarking, and some1 claimed the boss got healed. But for 35%, i think it woulda be quite a noticeable heal (he said boss was 40%, now 55%) so sounds like he was lieing or maybe he meant the adds got healed, not sure!

We originally was trying to kill a pack of blademasters, then another pack of blades, then menders last, because we thought remarkin them up mid-fight and missing interrupts would cause the boss to heal or something, but every video ive seen they kill menders> blades (as new 1s come) > menders again.

Seems a lot easier, and of all the videos ive watched ive seen no boss heals.

Deleted
    They do not heal boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    They do not heal boss.
    This. Once you're not killing any more adds, don't worry about interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mending doesn't
    Quickening does affect the boss, though. (Pretty sure everyone already knows this).
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Mending only heals the add pack that has the lowest health.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    Yep thats what i thought, our mage does come up with some crap sometimes!

thanks for the confirms.

So the plan is to interupt and kill menders > BL > nuke boss, then in that 15sec window kill blades before/as menders respawn > nuke boss again... then we start interupting again to kill the final set of menders.

Some1 mentioned somewhere if done like this, during the boss nuke phases u wont have to worry about spending a global on an interupt which is always good

Deleted
    Interrupting isn't on the global.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nop, it only heals other adds.

On the other hand, it should just be interrupted -> it won't heal any adds!

We kill Amber Trappers first so no one gets trapped during the Heroism burn.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    We kill Amber Trappers first so no one gets trapped during the Heroism burn.
    You can cc all trappers, no pools and prisons is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Interrupting isn't on the global.
    I'd like to applaud you for understanding the fight.

OP is referring to a point in the fight on Heroic Mode where you disregard adds and burn the boss full time. Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS. It doesn't matter if interrupts aren't on the GCD, no one should be targeting the menders anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    You can cc all trappers, no pools and prisons is fun!
    Again. OP is referring to Hard Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

OP is referring to a point in the fight on Heroic Mode where you disregard adds and burn the boss full time. Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS. It doesn't matter if interrupts aren't on the GCD, no one should be targeting the menders anyway.

Again. OP is referring to Hard Mode.
    Amazing, he corrected someone that thought interrupting was on the GCD and you make a point how he doesn't understand the fight. Guess what, he's still right.

Speaking of not understanding the fight a lot of people CC all the trappers even on 'Hard mode'

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Amazing, he corrected someone that thought interrupting was on the GCD and you make a point how he doesn't understand the fight. Guess what, he's still right.

Speaking of not understanding the fight a lot of people CC all the trappers even on 'Hard mode'
    I was hasty with the interrupt comment, did not catch him correcting the person above him. Apologies for that.

But I stand by the Hard Mode CC comment. I personally haven't seen any videos of people CCing only trappers for Hard Mode. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't seen instances of it, Hokage-sama.

It works a lot better to cc them first sometimes. but then again its also guild preference.

No one need to target the Mender to interrupt them. There is something called interrupting focus target macro, look it up.

Deleted
    I was hasty with the interrupt comment, did not catch him correcting the person above him. Apologies for that.

But I stand by the Hard Mode CC comment. I personally haven't seen any videos of people CCing only trappers for Hard Mode. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't seen instances of it, Hokage-sama.

Fatboss says hi

Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS. It doesn't matter if interrupts aren't on the GCD, no one should be targeting the menders anyway.
    You're doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    You're doing it wrong
    If you're on the adds during his +600% damage taken increase, YOU'RE doing it wrong.

Deleted
    we did windlord tonite in about 6 pulls, was so easy.

we CC'd 3 trappers, had ppl use a personal CD on blade rush with a priest bubble, was easy.

killed menders > blades > menders

how much does blademasters hit for with their special ability on HC?