Thread: Cricket General

Deleted

Cricket General

Did a search, couldn't find anything, time for cricket general. Pull up a chair, confuse some Americans and listen to the sound of leather on willow.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/
    http://www.lords.org/mcc/about-mcc/

Jonathan Agnew, Michael Vaughan, Bumble.

India v England 4th Test starts tonight, 4am GMT.

Test Match Special has live commentary and analysis, the match will be shown on Sky Sports and as always, there'll be live text commentary on the BBC Sport website.

Australia v Sri Lanka 1st Test starts later today, 2330 GMT.

Ah cricket. One of the only sports I was good at in school.

The commentary is the best thing though. Commentators talking about anything and everything during the rain breaks (one game they were talking about the punctuality of the bus that drove past the ground).

Deleted
    Indeed, TMS is especially good for that, though I find Bumble to be hilarious. "Oysters eh? I hear they put lead in your pencil. I wish I had somebody to write to."

I really miss Richie Benaud though

Deleted
    Finally! We won a toss.

Deleted
    England to bat, Root in for Samit Patel, Bresnan in for Finn. Shame for Bairstow to miss out to his Yorkshire colleague. India have left out Yuvraj and Zaheer Khan, only one seamer in the side.

BBC live text commentary.

India: Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Mahendra Dhoni (capt & wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha.

England: Alastair Cook (capt), Nick Compton, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Joe Root, Matt Prior (wk), Tim Bresnan, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Monty Panesar.

Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena of Sri Lanka, and Rod Tucker of Australia.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2012-12-13 at 03:46 AM.

2 for 22

the white, off white, bone, cream or the beige.

anyone watch the big bash last night (Australian domestic T20)

Deleted
    India have made a huge error not taking two seamers here. No slips in the first session of a test match when your bowler has figures of 2 - 8.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skeln View Post
    anyone watch the big bash last night (Australian domestic T20)
    Sky showed Warne's side bowling out Perth for 69 before the Test started. It would've been a huge shame if that had been rained off.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:08 AM ----------

About fifty people in the ground and one of them has a fucking horn.

Shame about Trott, he'd played well but that was a terrible leave.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

80 overs of dot balls out of 96 overs bowled in the day. This is one of the worst wickets I have ever seen.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:13 AM ----------

End of Day 1

England 199-5 (97 overs)
    Root 31*
    Prior 34*

Jadeja 2-34

What a tedious day's play. Not much in the pitch for either bat or ball, and the England batsmen have more or less got themselves out. England will be happy to get 300, but this isn't going to be a great Test match by any measure. Might break up by the end of tomorrow, but it is going to be hard work.

Deleted
    England all out for 330, Root scoring 73 on debut. Nice little innings for Swann too. England will be happy with that though, that's a decent total.

AND SEHWAG HAS GONE. THIRD BALL! Great start for England.

End of Day 2

England 330 All Out

India 87-4
    Kholi 11*
    Dhoni 8*

Anderson 3-24

England's day, an absolutely terrible pitch, there's no way Dhoni wanted a track like that. Tendulkar out cheaply again, it really looks like the end for the Little Master. England will be delighted with their day.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2012-12-14 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Match Drawn, England win the series 2 - 1
    England 330 & 352 -4, India 326 - 9 Dec.

An utterly boring match, ruined by a terrible pitch which offered nothing to either bat or ball. 23 wickets in 443 overs is pathetic. Still, a fantastic series win for England, they've simply been better after that first Test, and by a wide margin.