Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The next time some moron tells you homosexuality is a choice, ask them when they chose to become heterosexual. Usually shuts their ignorant mouths in a hurry.
    All the babbling people I've tried that on just roll over that with "I didn't have to make a choice, it's the default" and keep up their noise pollution.

At this point why does "why" matter? Are we trying to socialize peoples sexualities now with a cure?

These studies always made me wonder what would happen if they found out why people are gay. Prescribe meds they sell to cure the "disease"? I dont see any good coming out of why people are gay, let people do what they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    At this point why does "why" matter? Are we trying to socialize peoples sexualities now with a cure?

These studies always made me wonder what would happen if they found out why people are gay. Prescribe meds they sell to cure the "disease"? I dont see any good coming out of why people are gay, let people do what they like.
    Well 'gay' culture does create certain social divides, which is never a good things, especially if neither side accepts the other

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah i read what you wrote, that's why i added the "strange" experience..., i mean... with no difference with someone else childhood... but everyone see thinks in their own way, so maybe something that was normal for a kid, for another it was like "o.O!??!?!"
    Wait what?

You could lead 2 children born of different parents through the "EXACT" same conditions they'd still experience it differently. So how, in the billions of different childhoods across the globe can any child have the same experience growing up as another.

Sure there will be similarities. But they won't have experienced the same things as others in the same way. Like I tried to point out, they don't have to be 'strange' experiences, or experienced 'in a strange way' and I'm sorry that the current perspective on homosexuality is as fucked up as it is to put you on the defensive (and again, I don't blame you for being defensive, at least not yet).

People get different reactions to different colours, some like red, blue, or green more. And in the simplest of things if people can experience that differently, then one would assume they will to the other infinite stimuli we receive.

And just to clarify, again, I'm not trying to suggest this is all going on at a conscious level such as preference to colours, or sounds, I'm just using it as a *very* simple example of the different ways different people's brains work whilst its developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It's kind of like the same thing where people have mental diseases, not that I mean to say that homosexuality is a mental disease, but the system of denial is similar. If bob has different feelings than johnny and bob considers johnny's feelings to be unreasonable and inefficient, bob might think there is simply something wrong with johnny that they aren't thinking and acting like bob. If you can show that at least some homosexuality is biological and that at least some mental disease is biological, they're a lot harder to deny
    It's basically removing the possibility for the sometimes reasonable doubtful thought that something you are not experiencing doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well 'gay' culture does create certain social divides, which is never a good things, especially if neither side accepts the other
    Heterosexual culture does create certain social divides... not sure you meant to say that but it kinda sounds like you're suggesting its the gay people that are fostering the animosity (which of course occurs in some cases, but I'd say overall theres more homophobes than 'heterophobes' as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Heterosexual culture does create certain social divides... not sure you meant to say that but it kinda sounds like you're suggesting its the gay people that are fostering the animosity (which of course occurs in some cases, but I'd say overall theres more homophobes than 'heterophobes' as it were.
    Yeah I mean it kind of goes both ways but yeah obviously the minority is going to be the targets of these kinds of effects more often, because they're just trying to carve themselves a niche

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Agreed. Its irrelevant whether or not its a choice. Even if it did happen to be by choice, it should still not be discriminated against.

Yes. I agree with you but that is the arguement from all the anti-gay people out their and here in the United States the right for gay people to marry. Like I always say if you think it was a choice, look at yourself. Did your parents one day sit you down on say your thirteenth birthday and say "well its time to choose if you want to be a heterosexual or homosexual"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes. I agree with you but that is the arguement from all the anti-gay people out their and here in the United States the right for gay people to marry. Like I always say if you think it was a choice, look at yourself. Did your parents one day sit you down on say your thirteenth birthday and say "well its time to choose if you want to be a heterosexual or homosexual"?
    To be fair, I have the self control to not have sex with and not be sexually interested in other people just like I have the self control not to smoke. I'm not saying it's right or should represent anything, but it certainly defeats much of the point.
    The reason I would have sex is because it would produce a child and allow me to have a stronger tie with my suppose to strengthen the family unit

That potential exists for for all research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Just because someone is not homophobic doesn't mean that someone cares enough about the issue to actively support gay marriage, in fact it doesnt even necessarily mean that they support gay marriage
    Exactly, I am not homophobic and do not care about gays, but I don't support gay marriage inside of churches and the like.
    In my country (Australia) all homosexuals have the same rights as married couples do, theyre just not allowed to formally say they're married the same way that same sex couples are.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    That potential exists for for all research.
    Most research has an end game with its application.

I thought we already knew this

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Exactly, I am not homophobic and do not care about gays, but I don't support gay marriage inside of churches and the like.
    In my country (Australia) all homosexuals have the same rights as married couples do, theyre just not allowed to formally say they're married the same way that same sex couples are.
    Look up the word contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Why does it matter? If someone wants to have a relationship with someone of the same sex, its their call. All this sort of research does is fuel the "Let's fix it!" group of people.
    It matters because it isn't a choice. The perception that it's a choice fuels the "Just choose not to be!" group of people. If we can prove it's a genetic thing, then you can't tell someone to just not be gay, just like you can't tell someone to just not have brown eyes.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Well on both sides of this arguement I do not know why the word "marriage" is dang sacred. My pro-gay arguement is that you do know alot gay people are religious and have the same beliefs as you..wow go figure they are human beings with beliefs like you!! So to quite a few they see "marriage" just as important as you do. Sorry but to me most people are just hiding behind the church because of your homophobia, my opinion.

Now as a person who does not hold religion in a high place, I dont understand why a certain group who is gettin shut out by the church or religious groups need to have the word "marriage" in order for them to belive they are..well married. I mean civil union, peanut butter and jelly, I don't care I am more for the legal rights that they deserve as being a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Mmm not entirely sure on that one sparky. Taste is a social thing, to do with familiarity, deviance & fetish's.
    So we're putting fetishes on the same level as taste.

Seems legit.

Also, why are so many of you tip-toeing on being bigots (Not you, Kakazam) and being pretty apparent that you are? Kinda rude, methinks. Being gay/bi/straight isn't a choice (otherwise why would so many people choose to be socially different and suffer penalties because of bigots?), neither is liking certain fetishes or what you're just generally attracted to. I'm really tired of straight people who are just acting pro-equality for the sake of telling themselves they're good people, when really, you're just being an even bigger bigot because you're pretending. Stop caring so much and just let us live our lives.

When we find out something about heterosexuality, we're not going to have a gay convention and be all "OMG DID YOU HEAR BEING STRAIGHT DOES X TO PEOPLE?!".

(And if anyone is still confused after the large amount of "us" and "we" I used, I am gay)

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:08 AM ----------

You're right. You're not homophobic because that word has no water. It's called you're a bigot and fuck you for making people miserable. Just because you don't support gay marriages doesn't mean you have to be against it, and in your case, yes, you are a bigot if you are actually anti-equality.

Why should you get to choose how people live their lives? It doesn't fucking affect you at all and all you're doing is hurting us. It's people like you that continue to hold back humanity and equality.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well on both sides of this arguement I do not know why the word "marriage" is dang sacred. My pro-gay arguement is that you do know alot gay people are religious and have the same beliefs as you..wow go figure they are human beings with beliefs like you!! So to quite a few they see "marriage" just as important as you do. Sorry but to me most people are just hiding behind the church because of your homophobia, my opinion.

Now as a person who does not hold religion in a high place, I dont understand why a certain group who is gettin shut out by the church or religious groups need to have the word "marriage" in order for them to belive they are..well married. I mean civil union, peanut butter and jelly, I don't care I am more for the legal rights that they deserve as being a couple.
    That's because religion should have ZERO influence on marriage and is the primary cause of bigotry. I don't understand why religion has to intentionally make so many people miserable.

While I personally am not getting married, I have a friend over in Italy who's in tears every day knowing he can't be "legally" with the one he loves (his partner is in America) because of piece of shit bigots and religion. Why should people get to decide whether people get to be happy or miserable when it doesn't affect them in the least bit?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-13 at 05:11 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Don't care, choice, gene, spaghetti monster, environment, long as they are happy who cares. I'm not as concerned as to why someone is the way they are, I just take people as they are. People just are, mulling it up with logic only allows us to segregate each other more.

Its like pills that make an old mans dick work, I think there is a better use of time for the science community than worrying about sexual orientation. I'm sure it could be part of some greater look at the human genome, but I think there is better use of time out there. Genetic engineering is dangerous enough, look at Kahn.

Also, facts rarely have an effect on the zealously religious or open biggots, these are people that daily rationalize hate and murder. No scientific fact is going to make a bigot change his mind about gay being choice or birth or whatever they are hating currently. Take each other as you are and stop looking for ways to put people in boxes.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2012-12-13 at 05:19 AM.

I don't really see what this changes, but I'm all for further research into it. Ideally science can find a cure for the people who hate themselves for being gay and would rather not be, while society can move to accept the people who insist on staying the way they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

how the hell is it not biological... A gay manessentially had all the characteristics of a hetero male but has an altered libido( possibly do to epigenetics or DNA that controls only libido.) of that of a heterosexual woman. How on earth can it not be biology????

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    He means the gay culture of people from gay pride parades in the U.S. There no animosity toward heterosexual because it is norm and is majority.