[ prot ] i need help with my action bar consecration

so after 5.1 blizz made all our skills with GCD

now i cant put my consecration in macro and if blizz think i will refresh this skill every 9 sec then they are crazy

before 5.1 i was have a macro for it

/cast Hammer of the Righteous
    /cast consecration

now i cant use it anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Consecration and Hammer were both always on the GCD.

Consecration has never been off the GCD. Hammer of the Righteous shares a cooldown with Crusader Strike and as such also shares it's GCD.

The macro you listed has never truly worked. A cast sequence one may, but it causes priority issues.

idk why u need a macro for pally tanking lol.. prot is hard.. yes u need to push consecration every 9 seconds.. its actually worth something to do so.

i am sry it's look like i change it when it didn't work but the idea is i was have a macro for consecration with 1 atking skill i dodnt remember it right now but after 5.1 i don't

now i am asking what other tanks do with consecration ?

Currently using 31 keybindings,so it wouldn't be much of prob.Even with 10 of them you could do your life way easier
    So my answer would be,bind it.

Wanna macro things for Prot (and moreso for Ret)?

Macro Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous together with a mod key to switch between em (I use Shift). Can do the same for Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm for Ret too.

Otherwise, what you are saying you had, OP, never existed. Consecration never has been off the GCD, and I doubt ever will be. The only spell Prot gets OFF the GCD is Word of Glory, which I don't think warrants being macro'd with anything.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Please do not post meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-12-13 at 01:58 PM.

TROLOLOLOL Firefly!! Now on the OP's subject.Yeah consecration was NEVER off the gcd.Now WoG and SotR both are off the gcd (GO GO HOLY AVENGER!! \o/ ) but consecration shouldn't be put on a dual macro as you had it.
    Zeroedgeir is correct you can (and should macro with a mod key) hammer with crusader strike and templar's verdict with divine storm (ret for the latter) or Shield of the Righteous with Word of Glory for prot but that might need some time getting used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much as Plwmar said, it's not worth using something like a modifier macro for those kinds of spells unless you practice a lot at training your muscle memory for it. You're best off macroing similar spells like TV/DS and then CS/HOTR as then you can use alt/shift/ctrl to modify your button to whichever you want. It's never a good idea to macro 2 spells with CD's together as it can make the button look funny and cause issues.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Plwmar View Post
    TROLOLOLOL Firefly!! Now on the OP's subject.Yeah consecration was NEVER off the gcd.Now WoG and SotR both are off the gcd (GO GO HOLY AVENGER!! \o/ ) but consecration shouldn't be put on a dual macro as you had it.
    Zeroedgeir is correct you can (and should macro with a mod key) hammer with crusader strike and templar's verdict with divine storm (ret for the latter) or Shield of the Righteous with Word of Glory for prot but that might need some time getting used to it.
    Shield of the righteous is going to generally be a rotationally used ability whereas WoG should be somewhat less common and more conditional (ideally with 5 stacks and when the healing is needed) so I wouldnt bind them together personally. I have all my characters "offspec heal macros" bound to Q, which is where I put WoG for ret and prot, for example. If you're curious, its 4 as holy and Q is beacon ;P

/use [mod:shift]Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike

/use [mod:shift]Divine Storm; Templar's Verdict

In case anyone is unfamiliar with macros, that's the best way to make those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Wanna macro things for Prot (and moreso for Ret)?

Macro Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous together with a mod key to switch between em (I use Shift). Can do the same for Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm for Ret too.
    So... The point of these macros is to fill up macro slots and do... nothing else? Why not just keybind Crusader Strike to something and Hammer of the Righteous to shift-something.

I've almost filled up my macro slots even though I keep deleting them constantly and doing something like this for the sake of being able to say "I use macros!!!" is very illogical.

On some fights (blade lord comes to mind) consecration will be your highest damage ability. If you choose not to use it on CD then you are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    On some fights (blade lord comes to mind) consecration will be your highest damage ability. If you choose not to use it on CD then you are bad.
    Wrong. You do not want to overlap your Consecration with your old one if you could use another ability in place of it and apply it in time to refresh.

Also, you want to prioritize Crusader Strike and Judgment over it as well...
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-12-14 at 07:04 PM.

Blade Lord? I think you mean Wind Lord.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Never-EVER-waste an Holy Power!

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm, consecration should be used only as a filler or situational as a aoe tool, but mainy only when theres no holy power to gain (cs/hotr and judge on cd and no gc proc-> cosecration/hw)