Thread: Appear Offline

Deleted

Appear Offline

Is there a way to appear offline while in WoW on Battle.net in a legal non bannable way? I know there will be a feature soon that does this, but knowing blizzard, that will be in patch 6.0.

I've read something about Firewall Outbound rules, but XP doesn't have that.

I highly doubt there's a way currently, considering how integrated the Real ID system is in the game.

Deleted
    there is a way, you need to block traffic to a particular port which stops battle net working on your client, you can also use the same method to stop being merged with CRZ

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, It's called Disable Real ID, that way noone can see you

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    there is a way, you need to block traffic to a particular port which stops battle net working on your client, you can also use the same method to stop being merged with CRZ
    Pretty sure that's against the TOS of the game.

An appear offline option has been demanded since vanilla but Blizzard doesn´t want that because it would be against their multiplayer philosophy. You can switch off real ID but your guild mates and friends will always see you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

but probably undetectable as well.

Deleted
    I just want to be invisible to my Real ID friends sometimes, and don't wanna wait till blizzard implents it. I also don't wanna get Banned.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I kind of doubt it. Some firewall software does that with the default settings. It's just blocking traffic on certain ports, it's not actually breaking anything or messing with Blizzard's software in any way. It would be ludicrous if they started banning people for not allowing traffic on their own network. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    An appear offline option has been demanded since vanilla but Blizzard doesn´t want that because it would be against their multiplayer philosophy. You can switch off real ID but your guild mates and friends will always see you.
    Not really, Blizzard announced over a month ago that they were going to be adding an "Appear Offline" feature to all their modern Battle.net games.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    but probably undetectable as well.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Warden has something to check these things.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I kind of doubt it. Some firewall software does that with the default settings. It's just blocking traffic on certain ports, it's not actually breaking anything or messing with Blizzard's software in any way. It would be ludicrous if they started banning people for not allowing traffic on their own network. :P
    It's altering the rules of the game as set forth by Blizzard. Whether or not it's a default setting on some routers or not, it goes against the TOS. Whether Blizzard should change the TOS is a whole other question. But the fact remains that, for the time being, it's against WoW's terms to do such things.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well, you are technically altering the intended function of the game, even if it is indirectly. Still I agree that it would be a bit silly for them to ban people for that. Better to render the workaround non-functional, like kicking you from the game entirely if port blocks are detected. Less PR fallout that way.

Last I heard though port blocking did weird things in WoW when CRZ comes into play, basically causing the entire world to be empty (no NPCs, resource nodes, nothing but terrain) or for players from other servers to still be in the zone just not visible to you so you would get oddities like monsters just dying seemingly for no reason or mining/herb nodes disappearing with nobody around them. That still true?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Well, you can just tell people who contact you that you want to be left alone. If they don't respect that....maybe you should not have them on your RealID.

That should hold you over until Blizz implements the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Last I heard though port blocking did weird things in WoW when CRZ comes into play, basically causing the entire world to be empty (no NPCs, resource nodes, nothing but terrain) [snip] That still true?
    Yes. It's because blocking CRZ server traffic keeps you on your native realm. Since they added CRZ, nearly all realms stopped hosting those zones. That's why they're empty.