10+ Year Old Account

What would you do?

So I have a question to pose to all you fellow MMO-C friends. I am approaching Christmas break, which means I will have some time to play WoW. I have a 10 day free trial that I will use, and I might pay past that....but i'm not positive.

Here is my question, if you just had 10 days to experience MoP, what would you do? Would you level your main from 85-90 and try to do some PvP and experience some dungeons? Or would you start a panda monk and just get as far as you can? Keep in mind that I might play over the summer. Or would you just do pet battles and explore pandaria? I'm curious as to what everyone thinks are the must see aspects of MoP and what you think will give me the best experience in the 10 days that I will play.

Honestly other than the experience of a new class you wouldn't really see much by leveling a monk. A lot of the things you mentioned would be best from a higher level character as they have access to a lot more of the stuff right out the gate.

I'd say go for 90, but don't worry about doing dailies too much. Do some heroics (they're about as difficult as Wrath heroics were), do some pet battles if you like pokemon, people give mixed feelings on PvP depending on the class they play.

But the biggest piece of advice I can give if you think you might be interested -- if you have ANY passing interest in Warcraft lore, pay attention to the questing you do; this expansion is very lore-heavy, and for me that is making this expansion all that much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    So I have a question to pose to all you fellow MMO-C friends. I am approaching Christmas break, which means I will have some time to play WoW. I have a 10 day free trial that I will use, and I might pay past that....but i'm not positive.

Here is my question, if you just had 10 days to experience MoP, what would you do? Would you level your main from 85-90 and try to do some PvP and experience some dungeons? Or would you start a panda monk and just get as far as you can? Keep in mind that I might play over the summer. Or would you just do pet battles and explore pandaria? I'm curious as to what everyone thinks are the must see aspects of MoP and what you think will give me the best experience in the 10 days that I will play.
    My friend did the 10 day thing and the level cap doesnt get past 85 but you can quest in pandaria and level up but you will max out just before you hit 86

so i would suggest you go level up a monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    My friend did the 10 day thing and the level cap doesnt get past 85 but you can quest in pandaria and level up but you will max out just before you hit 86

so i would suggest you go level up a monk
    Can anyone confirm this?

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Not from personal experience but that's always been the case with trials, you can only get up to 1 point away from the next level, in this case 86.

You can still get to see Pandaria and get a feel for it, and try out a monk.

10 days isn't the most lenient amount of time to level from 85-90, unless you're serious about grinding the levels out. It could easily take you 5-7 days just to hit 90 and then what? You'll be undergeared trying to have fun in Heroics and what not.

You might as well mess around on a monk. Many of the classes were changed, so the learning curve could be the very same on your main as it would be starting anew with a monk. You can get a taste for the flavor of Pandaria by rolling a Pandaren and checking out the starting area; not sure what level pet battles become available, but you might as well grab those as well and level some as you go. It's a surprisingly fun little diversion.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes.
    You can only get to 1xp point away from lvl86 with the trial.
    To actually lvl up you need to buy the expansion.

The first zone in Pandaria is pretty awesome IMHO. I'd go do that on my lvl 85 toon. It sets a good stage for what the expansion is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay thanks everyone. I think I kind of remember the leveling rule from the WotLK 10 day free trial thing, but I wasn't sure. Now i'm debating about whether or not I should purchase pandaria and pay for a month just to play for a few weeks, so I can level my main.....haha. Stupid cash pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go through the monk starting area and then take one toon through the starting MOP zone. Thats what I would do. Gives you the most flavour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do the 85-90 experience, Jade Forest is just to good to skip.