Post They developed web-based WoW!!!!

Saw on facebook that chinese gamers made web-based WoW

Is this possible? The pictures look so real.

Source:http://www.facebook.com/pages/2pcom/...478?ref=stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Real or not, I'm not putting my password in anything Chinese.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Holy shit.

Would take a lot of time and resources to perfect, but that'd be pretty cool if it's actually possible. Doesn't seem too likely though methinks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell it's low quality. But the biggest feat there was making a likely Java app that could interact with Blizz's servers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They might just be streaming the game.

Is most likely a Java app that works with Private servers.

Does it really matter when it is on a private server ?

Yes they did.

You put in your e-mail and password, choose your character, then watch as your character mysteriously moves by itself, sells its gear to the vendor, and sends all your gold to a player with a name you can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by EGRO View Post
    Is this possible? The pictures look so real.
    Yes it's possible. It's the same as Gaikai or OnLive. They have a server where the game runs and just stream it through an app to the browser. They use low quality settings in-game so that they can run as many clients simultaneously as possible. You can do the same thing with other programs. Just google remote PC access or something similar.

It would be REALLY trivial to run a 640x480 WoW game client and hook in an app that streams the present buffer and interprets/redirects remote input. There are some US services that do something pretty similar. Effectively you don't need a fast graphics card or CPU, you just need a REALLY good network connection. I'd expect to see this sort of thing take off 5-10 years from now, but it's still in its infancy.

In this example of course, you're probably just throwing away your credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Yes it's possible. It's the same as Gaikai or OnLive. They have a server where the game runs and just stream it through an app to the browser. They use low quality settings in-game so that they can run as many clients simultaneously as possible. You can do the same thing with other programs. Just google remote PC access or something similar.
    I don't actually understand the cloud technology, but the whole idea of running World of Warcraft client on a webpage is damn cool, the only thing I care is whether it would be laggy or not.