Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Yeah if they nerf affliction destruction will be better. Does that not make perfect sense? Nerf the best to a point where the second best becomes best. Second best is now best.
    As a general design rule, if the best spec is doing too much damage (which I'm absolutely not implying Affliction does), then yes: it makes perfect sense.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

As a quick reply, to all those saying that you should play the spec you are most familiar with over the spec that's the best because you will 'theoretically' get more dps out of it.

No. Your a warlock, you should know all 3 specs, in and out, and be ready to switch at any moment required whether its for better survivabilty, you need burst at this one particular moment for the raid even if its a personal dps loss to you, better CC, etc etc. If you don't know how to play all 3 specs then you should spend some time on a dummy and learn them, don't be bad.

Deleted
    I'd say demonology is a winner on Spirit kings heroic. It got perfect burst for the first and last transition.

I play destro for a bit of variety on the bosses where it won't matter one bit that I'm not optimal. Affliction for every progress/tough boss though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Yeah if they nerf affliction destruction will be better. Does that not make perfect sense? Nerf the best to a point where the second best becomes best. Second best is now best.
    No, what I'm saying is that when fire mages were nerfed, Arcane suddenly gained 5-10% more dps on raidbots, due to more good players playing the spec.

A parallel can be drawn that the same would happen for Destro, should Afflection be nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that when fire mages were nerfed, Arcane suddenly gained 5-10% more dps on raidbots, due to more good players playing the spec.

A parallel can be drawn that the same would happen for Destro, should Afflection be nerfed.
    Arcane did get buffed when fire got nerfed though.

Deleted
    R25: i do find that destro is better on WoTE (normal) because of havoc'ed SB and full SB "rage", probably depends on your fight tactic+classes
    tho i only do ~120k (ilvl 492)
    Last edited by mmoc60b912d8f2; 2012-12-16 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people are spamming rain of fire and havoc chaos bolts on protectors and then people are referencing those logs and arguing for it's competitiveness I find that laughable. Padding on a single target fight doesn't mean it's outperforming other specs when a large bulk of your damage is fluff. Yes players can take a a slightly under performing spec compared to the other 2 and play it at a very high level and make a case for a specs usefulness ,but using protectors is down right silly with some of the logs I've seen in this thread.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    When people are spamming rain of fire and havoc chaos bolts on protectors and then people are referencing those logs and arguing for it's competitiveness I find that laughable. Padding on a single target fight doesn't mean it's outperforming other specs when a large bulk of your damage is fluff. Yes players can take a a slightly under performing spec compared to the other 2 and play it at a very high level and make a case for a specs usefulness ,but using protectors is down right silly with some of the logs I've seen in this thread.
    For the Normal mode logs, yes.

Vizier: Affli
    Blade lord: Demo
    Garalon: Affli
    Wind lord normal: demo, heroic: destro (under recklesssness I can burst insane with CD's, had up to 900k dps with 7 million chaos bolts and keeping rain of fire + FaB immolate up 90%+ of the time.
    Amber shaper: Affli
    Grand Empress: Affli

Protectors: Affli
    Tsulong: Affli
    Lei Shi: Affli
    Sha: Affli

Stone Guards: Affli
    Feng: Affli normal, HC demo
    Garajal: Affli
    Spirit kings: Affli
    Elegon: Affli
    Will of the Emperor: Debatable, on normal I played demo, but once we started on HC mode I went affliction as we completely ignore the adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    meh

echo: affliction echo echo

Personally with the way we're doing the debuff on lei shi I tend to do better in demo as I can put out a decent chunk of burst while moving and taking less dmg since I dont have to pop burning rush during get away where I'm already taking massive dmg from get away + the dot.

Tbh I think your raids strategy is going to effect how you're doing in what spec per encounter as much as any spec could potentially perform.

But yeah generally speaking affliction is a safe bet.

After 5.1 changes you can move and not lose damage in Affliction also. That 30% speed debuff is not a problem at Lei Shi at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Likandan View Post
    After 5.1 changes you can move and not lose damage in Affliction also. That 30% speed debuff is not a problem at Lei Shi at all now.
    It is on heroic :s....

Deleted
    This is hardly a problem, if you keep running you shouldn't go too far away before the end of the phase (or your raid doesn't manage the debuff well enough), and you have your Portal if needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Wind lord normal: demo, heroic: destro (under recklesssness I can burst insane with CD's, had up to 900k dps with 7 million chaos bolts and keeping rain of fire + FaB immolate up 90%+ of the time.
    900k real time dps seems quite weak. Personally I am hitting at least 2-2.5 million dps on the first recklessness as demo. All 3 specs seem quite even on that fight though, and spec choice all comes down to how your raid decides to do the fight.

Deleted
    Sorry for the little bit of necroing, but searching wouldn't yield me an answer.

We're going to attempt Protectors 25HC tomorrow.

I'm tempted to try demo just to get experience, but i learned that the pet of BM hunters doesn't benefit from the buff.

So my question is : does the warlock pet benefit from the buff or not ?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    The lock in my raid that usually played Demo said his pet didn't get the buff. There isn't much interest to play Demo on this fight, so he switched Aff to help on the slows. Destro is pretty strong if you are going to be an add-killer and there other players assigned to the slows (1 Aff should be enough).
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-01-22 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The lock in my raid that usually played Demo said his pet didn't get the buff. There isn't much interest to play Demo on this fight, so he switched Aff to help on the slows. Destro is pretty strong if you are going to be an add-killer and there other players assigned to the slows (1 Aff should be enough).
    That is correct. It's the reason hunters don't play BM for that fight, since their pet doesn't gain from the buff either. You would be much better off (like Zumzum said) either going Aff and being the slow-bitch or being destro. I'd say both are definitely viable however I'd wager that you'd be better off being aff with CoEx glyphed and being the slow bitch since it's the "best" on demand slow (70% vs every other slow being 50%, other than rogues shiving which is dumb idea IMO).

For HM fights, my personal favorites.

Vizier: Affli
    Blade lord: Affli
    Garalon: Affli
    Wind lord: Demo
    Amber shaper: Demo
    Grand Empress: Demo

Protectors: Affli
    Tsulong: Affli
    Lei Shi: Affli
    Sha: Demo

Stone Guards: Affli
    Feng: Demo
    Garajal: Affli
    Spirit kings: Affli
    Elegon: Affli
    Will of the Emperor: Affli

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I prefer Destro.....but, Affl is doing the best DPS in MoP atm. Although, we may see a bunch of Affl fans going Destro because of the new green fire in patch 5.2. Loads of people out there love their eye candy.
    not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. hate destro and green fire means nothing to me! dem dots more exciting!

Deleted
    necro-ing the thread again, i'm trying amber heroic tonight, not sure if i go affli or destro , at 1st i thought that i needed to be affli as normal but our strat include a 15s burn down of the tank which is constructed, any advice?