Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me any healer is easy. Be it paladin, monk, druid, priest or my beloved shaman - they are all braindead simple. Strangely, I thought that any member of a top ranked guild can play any class at exceptional levels with closed eyes.

Shamans are great for first day phase in heroic tsulong.

Monks are best overall.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Since it's relevant to the conversation about Resto Shaman performance in HC Tsulong: Why HM Tsulong should make you look at Ancestral Guidance again (I actually just posted it last night).

And although I concede Hamerfal's point about why Monks' sustained throughput trumps other classes' performance, it is notable what a Resto Shaman can do with Light of Day and Ancestral Guidance. So, the consideration at that point is really can shamans' burst outweigh impact that the loss of one of The Light of Day buffs, per Day phase, would have on the Monks' HPS.

@ OP - If you were blowing them out of the water before, Nym, then I'd be delighted to see what you can do with AG.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a great article, Vix.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW great investigation and a very nice article (as always) Vix!

Thank you for that input, I will definately try that next time!
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2012-12-20 at 09:33 AM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Here is a log of our 2% Tsulong wipe tonight. We had 2 resto shaman taking the first set of Light of Days on each day phase 6 seconds before Sun Breath and popping every CD (Ancestral Guidance/Elemental Mastery/Ascendance/Intellect pot). You can put all of those abilities in a macro, and also add Spiritwalker's Grace to the same macro so that you can run from the Light of Day spot in front of the boss to get the breath buff with all CDs up just as the Light of Day buff wears off. After the first set of Light of Days, other healers grabbed them.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11326&e=11828

Shaman do significantly more throughput than any other healer with full cooldowns up like that, so it is well worth setting it up that way. The risk is that not taking Healing Tide Totem, Primal Elementalist, Ancestral Swiftness, etc reduces our raid healing cooldowns and throughput, so it may be difficult to get through the night phases.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Here is a log of our 2% Tsulong wipe tonight. We had 2 resto shaman taking the first set of Light of Days on each day phase 6 seconds before Sun Breath and popping every CD (Ancestral Guidance/Elemental Mastery/Ascendance/Intellect pot). You can put all of those abilities in a macro, and also add Spiritwalker's Grace to the same macro so that you can run from the Light of Day spot in front of the boss to get the breath buff with all CDs up just as the Light of Day buff wears off. After the first set of Light of Days, other healers grabbed them.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11326&e=11828

Shaman do significantly more throughput than any other healer with full cooldowns up like that, so it is well worth setting it up that way. The risk is that not taking Healing Tide Totem, Primal Elementalist, Ancestral Swiftness, etc reduces our raid healing cooldowns and throughput, so it may be difficult to get through the night phases.
    That monk is utterly terrible. I'm really sorry to say that but he's taken 11 Light of Days and hasn't pushed 300k hps.

I *might* be able to test a Shaman on this fight at some point when we meet HC Tsulong in our alt raid (we only have 1 Mistweaver in the alt raid). It would be fun to see, but I can't see any class beating a relatively knowledgable Mistweaver, they can abuse so much with Soothing Mists it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Here's the armoury of my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nymsee/simple (Nymzee is my main)

All I'm doing (to heal pretty much any encounter) is this:

HST on CD
    RT on CD, roll on tanks + myself (if no 3rd tank)
    Mana Tide after first HST then on CD throughout.
    HTT when needed, but prefer to time it so it doesn't collide with HST/MTT
    Call of the Elementals after using HST during a high AoE phase (midway through Tsulong night etc)
    UE + HR together always, generally means I'm using HR every 13-14 seconds.

Outside of the above I either (depending on the situation):

CH or HW

As you can see, I'm sitting at 52% mastery, 11% crit and I have the first haste breakpoint. My spellpower is really low (mostly because my gear is gash). I aim to get the second haste breakpoint when I have more gear.

Basically though, it seems incredibly easy to pull stupidly high numbers. Maybe the PUG healers I'm playing with are just bad, but I seem to be outhealing everyone on almost any encounter.
    0/16 HC progress.
    Just keep hitting random buttons and you will clear normal modes.

Deleted
    Well.. There´s resto shamans and resto shamans. Personally i love healing because there is no rotation. Of course some spells gains huge bonus if you cast those first. Healing depends on situation. You can play healing meters or kill heroic boss.