Deleted

476 vs 483 neck for Ret

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Nzall/simple

i'm currently in the situation where I can't get any close to my hit or expertise caps, but still am over more than i'd like. i've got the 476 neck from MSV which would allow me to gain some extra haste and likely get somewhat closer to my caps, at the cost of 38 STR. would it be worth it?

any other suggestions that don't involve more than a few 100G are also appreciated.

You're already at hit cap and over expertise cap, not sure what you're talking about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    You're already at hit cap and over expertise cap, not sure what you're talking about
    actually, i'm more than 70 points over the combined cap, and I don't really like that.

an easy way to fix that is to get rid of those 450 shoulders. They have a ton of expertise that could be balanced out by replacing them with a 463 pair. This tier is sucks to be a little over cap, but its going to happen. I am over as well, but that's just the way it is this tier. Go run heroic temple of the jade serpent and get those shoulders they are much better for you. Don't worry about being .10% over a cap its when you are .50 over that you need to start making those calls. Last thing you want is to drop strength off your gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    What reforge tool are you currently using?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Nzall/simple

i'm currently in the situation where I can't get any close to my hit or expertise caps, but still am over more than i'd like. i've got the 476 neck from MSV which would allow me to gain some extra haste and likely get somewhat closer to my caps, at the cost of 38 STR. would it be worth it?

any other suggestions that don't involve more than a few 100G are also appreciated.
    This is a problem with current gear I'm over hit and expertise both and have no method to get to the cap. Ret gear is itemized really bad in T14 so much Expertise and Hit you would think they made it for DW classes. You just have to deal with it even if you are over the hit cap you are still going to get more out of the extra strength of the higher ilevel item unless the secondary stats on the item are better.

Example I have the 496 Hisek's Chrysanthemum Cape & 502 Cloak of Peacock Feathers. I'm either higher on strength and a mile over the Exp cap or lower on strength slight more haste and still over the exp cap but not as much. I can tell you from the ilevel difference you aren't likely to see huge DPS variations either way you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?