Inscription BOA staff

Hi there, I'm in the process of gathering all the mats thats needed to make the new inscription boa staff but thru friends that play i have heard that after I spend all my time and mats making this item that as soon as my toon reaches Item level 476..this staff apparently dissappears and blizz sends you 5 (maybe) 10 scrolls back in the mail. Is this true? If so this doesnt make sense to me cause I was under the impression that once you got a better weapon you just send it down to one of your lower toons or if you dont have any other toons your supposed to be able to turn this staff into a quest to recieve 10 scrolls back..can you advice?

No the staff is also a quest item so when you can replace the staff with a better one you can start the quest and when you turn the quest in you get 10x scrolls of wisdom back

Don't activate the quest the moment you crafted the staff some people have been confused and sold the staff the moment they got it.

EDIT: As in it doesn't matter what toon it is on you won't lose the staff unless you turn it in for the qust or /delete/vendor it.

Yeah, this is just a proof that you should pay attention to what you're doing, or you end up doing something stupid.

You can keep the staff for as long as you want, just don't do the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read quest info...................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ........................................................................................
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the OPs question is answered, here's mine, also on the topic of the BOA staff:

If I upgrade my Serpent Staff with valor points, will this upgrade remain when sending it to another toon through the mail? Or will it revert in the same way a transmogrification disappears?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Since the OPs question is answered, here's mine, also on the topic of the BOA staff:

If I upgrade my Serpent Staff with valor points, will this upgrade remain when sending it to another toon through the mail? Or will it revert in the same way a transmogrification disappears?
    I am wondering the same, but I do not have any VP to spare yet on it. But I am pretty sure it will work, because the upgraded archeology polearm (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113981) also stays upgraded when sent to an alt.

You can upgrade staff with your alts and then send it to main char without loosing upgrade. I've done first upgrade on my sham, 2nd on my lock and then send to my main

Upgrades / enchants stay.... xmogs are removed.

I've been dropping coins and making it rain in Terrace LFR looking for a purple weapon but everything is dropping except these weapons so I am working on getting 20 more motes to do this on my frost mage alt to upgrade it and give it to my warlock main but I get the feeling that the moment I blow the valor on it to upgrade I will get a better weapon from LFR. :P

Good to know I can get scrolls back from it, going ahead with this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokoko View Post
    You can upgrade staff with your alts and then send it to main char without loosing upgrade. I've done first upgrade on my sham, 2nd on my lock and then send to my main
    Wonderful. First time in-game where Character A can benefit from Character B's valorpnts?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Yes it does. Tested it myself.

Wonderful. First time in-game where Character A can benefit from Character B's valorpnts?
    Well in MoP anyways, in Cata there were valor boots and I think gloves or bracers that were BOE so you could gear up your alts with your main once your main was valored out.

That and we would gear up guildies who got late starts this way.