10+ Year Old Account

malfurions tattoos

where are his markings from ? illidans tattoos were burned on him by sargeras himself. they let him see without his eyes.
    what are those blue tattoos on malfurions body ?

The tattoos let's Illidan see without eyes? O.o

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just decoration fer sure, he would look lame without it. (cool factor)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    where are his markings from ? illidans tattoos were burned on him by sargeras himself. they let him see without his eyes.
    No.... Illidan's tattoos is just fancy demon taint. Illidan can see without his eyes due to Sargeras "replacing" his amber-coloured eyes with magic fel-fire which also burned most of the skin of his face (hence the scarf). Malfurion's tattoos are just for show as well.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Just decoration fer sure, he would look lame without it. (cool factor)
    Tattoos or not, he still looks lame..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Tattoos or not, he still looks lame..
    Blame the 'stache.

he probably wanted to look a little cooler so he tried to copy his lil brother, who is famous for his epic and golden chest full of tatoos.

he failed
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No.... Illidan's tattoos is just fancy demon taint. Illidan can see without his eyes due to Sargeras "replacing" his amber-coloured eyes with magic fel-fire which also burned most of the skin of his face (hence the scarf). Malfurion's tattoos are just for show as well.
    I don't know what blasphemous novels you've been reading, but in the actual story, Illidan is quite blind when we meet him. At least that's implied by him wearing his demon hunter mask. Forget all that retcon BS you've been reading from books. Here's the real story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBEyrJ1iX8

We meet Illidan at 2:50

As you can see, he's blind. The reason he is blind, is this:

Demon Hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater Night Elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the Night Elves' society, the Demon Hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...onhunter.shtml

So... Yeah. They may have retconned Illidan's blindness to some gift of "fiery orbs" from Sargeras, but that's all BS. In truth, demon hunters, which Illidan was, blind themselves.

Also, it's Furion. Not "Malfurion".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't know what blasphemous novels you've been reading, but in the actual story, Illidan is quite blind when we meet him. At least that's implied by him wearing his demon hunter mask. Forget all that retcon BS you've been reading from books. Here's the real story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBEyrJ1iX8

We meet Illidan at 2:50

As you can see, he's blind. The reason he is blind, is this:

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...onhunter.shtml

So... Yeah. They may have retconned Illidan's blindness to some gift of "fiery orbs" from Sargeras, but that's all BS. In truth, demon hunters, which Illidan was, blind themselves.

Also, it's Furion. Not "Malfurion".
    ... You are kinda special aren't you? You *do* know that all books, bar the RPG ones, are canon right? Also he was called Malfurion in TFT, and in the RoC manual... So yeah, go play a smartass elsewhere....

Deleted
    You *do* know that all books, bar the RPG ones, are canon right?
    It's a bit like saying Greedo shot first and calling that "canon". Sure, if you own the IP you can retcon the hell out of it, and call it whatever you like, or you can let some second grade writers retcon it for you. That, however, doesn't change what actually happened and what actually was.

Also he was called Malfurion in TFT, and in the RoC manual... So yeah, go play a smartass elsewhere....
    *whoosh*

Guess the sarcastic sunglasses didn't work there.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit like saying Greedo shot first and calling that "canon". Sure, if you own the IP you can retcon the hell out of it, and call it whatever you like, or you can let some second grade writers retcon it for you. That, however, doesn't change what actually happened and what actually was.

*whoosh*

Uhm yeah actually it does, since that's exactly what a retcon is - a change. Honestly, just understand this and move on - the retcon is age old anyways....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    They're swag

10+ Year Old Account
    *whoosh*
    I'm guessing you weren't burdened by an overabundance of schooling.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    They're swag
    Must ... not ... stab ... in ... face ... D:

Deleted
    Uhm yeah actually it does, since that's exactly what a retcon is - a change. Honestly, just understand this and move on - the retcon is age old anyways....
    I understand what retcon is, and I understand what canon is, both quite fine. What I'm saying is, and what you're not getting is, that sometimes doing a retcon is considered a dick move, and will not be accepted as canon by the loyal fan base just because the creator(s) of the IP decided one day to change something.

Then there's of course the fact that the WoW books can be considered to be nothing but EU, and then we'd have to have a long discussion about the levels of canon of WoW, and whether EU is canon or not. Hell, Star Wars has four levels of canon. If I were to use SW terms here, I for one would definitely not consider the books G-canon. They're EU, so they'd be C-canon.

But, since this is WoW, not SW, and since I'm not going to read the books, I don't really give a rat's ass what's in them, and do not consider them in any way or form relevant to WoW's story. What's told in the game is sufficient (whilst unfortunately not always without some holes) for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm guessing you weren't burdened by an overabundance of schooling.
    I'm guessing you're incapable of anything beyond a cheap shot personal insult.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-12-13 at 04:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I understand what retcon is, and I understand what canon is, both quite fine. What I'm saying is, and what you're not getting is, that sometimes doing a retcon is considered a dick move, and will not be accepted as canon by the loyal fan base just because the creator(s) of the IP decided one day to change something.

Then there's of course the fact that the WoW books can be considered to be nothing but EU, and then we'd have to have a long discussion about the levels of canon of WoW, and whether EU is canon or not. Hell, Star Wars has four levels of canon. If I were to use SW terms here, I for one would definitely not consider the books G-canon. They're EU, so they'd be C-canon.

But, since this is WoW, not SW, and since I'm not going to read the books, I don't really give a rat's ass what's in them, and do not consider them in any way or form relevant to WoW's story. What's told in the game is sufficient (whilst unfortunately not always without some holes) for me personally.

I'm guessing you're incapable of anything beyond a cheap shot personal insult.
    When the creators of Blizzard and the lore of their games personally say that the books are canon - then that's just how it is - done deal. You are honestly just being childish and foolish right now and I will not waste another second trying to argue with you, hell it isn't even an argument as much as me being right and you being ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    because Malfurion is a hipster

he never shuts up about things that he did before it was cool

(genn story now in my brain)

Demon hunters ritually blind themselves for spectral sight, Illidan was the first demon hunter ever so basically all the rest are emulating him and remove their eyes for the advantage of spirit sight.

If you want to ignore canon because you didnt like a book or its writers then thats up to you, its also up to you to lock yourself in a box, imagine you are on an island while poking your fingers in your ears and repeating, "Nanananananananana I cant hear you!!!!"

I really hope we find out that demon hunters like the Dark Embrace existed in the time of the War of the Ancients and they aren't just copying off of Illidan. I always hated what Knaack did with his contribution to Illidan's back story, and I think people are over critical of Knaak. I would rather learn their vestments and rituals are based on something more than being Illidan fanboys.

Blizzard needs to replace Illidan's model in the Felwood questline with his new Well of Eternity model. They should also give Malfurion a new model using Illidan's new model as a base since they're twin brothers and Malfurion's new model suffers from the goofy qualities Thralls' original new model suffered from.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW