Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the original guy who got this whole mishegoes started simple said that he was tired of being told what's fun
    Every game out there works like that. The DEVs ALWAYS set the rules and the peeps play by them.

Input on minor aspect is taken into consideration, but just b/c a few forum posters want X doesn't mean X has to be implemented. o_O

You either like a game, or you don't. I don't see why WoW is such an exception.

They aren't picasso and we shouldn't treat them as artists.
    Yeah and picasso doesn't draw his shit for money? Come on be serious now. Maybe not initially, but once the cash rolls in every artist wants more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and picasso doesn't draw his shit for money? Come on be serious now. Maybe not initially, but once the cash rolls in every artist wants more.

Depends on who it is. Not every Artist has the same mentality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    They should expect criticism.
    Uh yes, and they do get it. Question is wether it's constructive, based on objective reasoning, wether they agree or not, and if it's plausible.
    Someone whining on twitter is usually not constructive in the least

And what kid gloves?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on who it is. Not every Artist has the same mentality.
    Sure, but no one here can judge the Blizzard employees and just state that they are all soulless greedy bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sure, but no one here can judge the Blizzard employees and just state that they are all soulless greedy bastards.
    I never do anyways. Really I think there'd be way more signs but hey it's easier to hate then it is to love.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What cracks me up is that they said that certain dailies were too many, like Golden Lotus and Klaxxis but said that Shado-Pan and Celestials were reasonable with fewer quests worth more rep. The same day they admit this they introduce 5.1 and Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive dailies which are EXACTLY like Lotus and Klaxxi in that they are many quests with low rep. Is that idiocy or hubris?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    What cracks me up is that they said that certain dailies were too many, like Golden Lotus and Klaxxis but said that Shado-Pan and Celestials were reasonable with fewer quests worth more rep. The same day they admit this they introduce 5.1 and Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive dailies which are EXACTLY like Lotus and Klaxxi in that they are many quests with low rep. Is that idiocy or hubris?

There's way less dailies in Shieldwall/Dominance then Lotus.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only honored, but Op hubs give me 5 quests. Lots has 12 in total?

but hey it's easier to hate then it is to love.
    Sad truth indeed.

It's the Internet, it's full of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    You see now that almost makes sense, until you realise that the person whose point you refer to actually blew your argument away.

1) What if he doesn't have alts?
    2) Even if he has alts, why should he have to raid on them? Why can't he raid twice a week on a character or main character that he wants to?
    3) However you like to think of it, you wouldn't be 'forced' to raid twice a week if they brought back separate lock-outs; you never have been. Everything is 'optional' after all, as the optional crowd loves to insist.
    That was the whole reason it was removed. People were complaining about being burned out feeling they were forced to raid twice a week to stay competitive. Hell people on the forums are whining about it right now cause they already feel that way having to run LFR. Now you have the option to raid twice a week if you want to by leveling an alt. So now I'm not forced to raid twice a week and you can. Works out perfectly. Don't like it, move to Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    People were complaining about being burned out feeling they were forced to raid twice a week to stay competitive.
    Raiding will always be competitive and whether one need only raid once a week, or twice, there will always be someone who feels 'forced', not least with Blizzard having said that they want the gear from older raids to have a longer life span than it currently does; replaced with every new tier. Your point in itself is self-defeating; you say they removed separate raid lockouts to deal with the 'forced' sensation, yet added Raid Finder which in essence simply shifted the 'force' from doing 10/25 mans to doing Raid Finder/10/25 mans.

Of course, I could be much simpler and simply say that competition is not a necessary part of the game, nor is anyone ever 'forced' to be competitive. Everything is optional once again, as the optional crowd reminds us (though usually only where it suits them).

Now you have the option to raid twice a week if you want to by leveling an alt.
    Again this presumes a lot about alts and what people want. People who want to raid twice a week on their main? No option for them; they have to an alt or nothing. The only reason why you're peddling this line as a 'solution' is because it's in your favour, when in reality it doesn't solve the issue at all.

Don't like it, move to Korea.
    No thanks, and your own sugar-coated version of Korea is no more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    yet added Raid Finder which in essence simply shifted the 'force' from doing 10/25 mans to doing Raid Finder/10/25 mans.
    ohhh that's a bingo. They effectively created for themselves the same situation they had in wotlk. Only now they've decided that hey man it's optional.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I didn't state they were greedy soulless bastards. Simple that they are not picasso or van gogh (who lived in poverty and wasn't recognized as a great artist for much of his life). Blizzard has different priorities. That is all. We should not revere them as we do someone like van gogh. They are doing a job.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I never do anyways. Really I think there'd be way more signs but hey it's easier to hate then it is to love.
    Not really. The truth is that it's easy to be blind either way. Hate or love. This game has enough on both sides of the aisle.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-14 at 12:27 AM.

Well hopefully they make LFR share a lockout with 10/25. I'd love that.

Well hopefully they make LFR share a lockout with 10/25. I'd love that.
    If they want to remain consistent they will however they can't. LFR needs people who actually know how to raid and not just random dudes off the street. The only reason they don't make it share a lockout is precisely because then NO ONE from a raiding guild with any skill or ability would touch lfr and then you'd see how far these groups get..

10+ Year Old Account
    The only items I want to see up for transmog are the monks starting gear, maybe some of the cata starting gear, Hallowed Helm and Vile Fumigator's Mask.

I'm really glad that they are taking the alt-centric perspective into consideration. A valor of the ancients version for conquest would be fantastic.

Deleted
    I disagree, operation shieldwall feels more like Shado-pan quests than Golden Lotus. Operation Shieldwall gives you 4 or 5 quests, Golden Lotus went up to 15 quests in 3 different hubs on 1 day, THAT was just awful.
    And I strongly feel this is the way to go. Ofcourse the daily grind gets boring, that's inevitable in an MMO, but they spice it up with a progressive storyline, occasionally give you a new quest. Really makes you think "what will we encounter today?" when you embark on your dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    The only items I want to see up for transmog are the monks starting gear, maybe some of the cata starting gear, Hallowed Helm and Vile Fumigator's Mask.
    Just on a similar point, did they change the Priest robe shown on the character creation for female avatars? I remember looking at it afew months back and thinking that it was very revealing on the females chest area, but when I logged into the trial the other day the robe seems to have been buttoned-up in the chest area. Did they change it?

EDIT: Nevermind: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...have-button-up looks like they did. Sad panda
    Last edited by theniffrig; 2012-12-14 at 12:28 PM.
    Ooh, they have the internet on computers now.