Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A snapshot of a business roadmap is usually outdated in a month this one is years old...

The Graphics for MoP aren't that bad. The problem is most people confuse art style (Cartoonish in WoW's case) with graphics. Just because it doesn't look like real life doesn't mean the graphics are bad.

My guess is they don't have enough to show yet. I also wouldn't be surprised if it ended up going the way of Warcraft Adventure and Starcraft Ghost and ends up being put on hold. Supposedly it's going to be an MMO FPS but I have no idea if that's true or just a rumor that's cropped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The Graphics for MoP aren't that bad. The problem is most people confuse art style (Cartoonish in WoW's case) with graphics. Just because it doesn't look like real life doesn't mean the graphics are bad.
    WOW looks great, but with the Star Craft 2 or Diablo 3 engine WOW's style would look even more amazing. I am confident Titan is going to look and feel great, which I would say is the major reason WOW was so successful whether people appreciate it's look and feel or not.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

They probably don't have much to show. Not to mention I can't imagine they'd garner all too much interest outside of the Blizzard diehards with a new IP with releasing very little info.

Deleted
    Actually there has been pretty much info about Titan the last couple of days, but unfortunately the mods do not allow me to post a link to where all the real information is gathered and where some people devote countless hours discussing the hints and comming with predictions...

Q4 of 2013, same time as Xpac 5 for wow. This was from April of 2010 though and Xpac 4 (MoP) was at the very end of Q3, almost Q4 instead of Q2 like the timeline says so they're off a bit.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about Titan though until they're in Alpha or Closed Beta.
    I would suspect the same. The last thing they want to do is leak specifics about the game for some other halfassed MMO to come in and snatch up. I can certainly wait til they are ready to tell me. WoW isn't really going anywhere for now

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    Actually there has been pretty much info about Titan the last couple of days, but unfortunately the mods do not allow me to post a link to where all the real information is gathered and where some people devote countless hours discussing the hints and comming with predictions...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ I would read this again, and again, just for the laughs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I would suspect the same. The last thing they want to do is leak specifics about the game for some other halfassed MMO to come in and snatch up. I can certainly wait til they are ready to tell me. WoW isn't really going anywhere for now

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:25 PM ----------

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ I would read this again, and again, just for the laughs.
    I am happy that your having fun.

Deleted
    Perhaps after Diablo 3 they realized that stringing along a fanbase for years creates an insurmountable amount of expectation.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a6I3g8WNJvc/TVGnwkequ0I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/xLXObLxEHHI/s1600/blizzard-product-slate-leaked_.jpg[img]

Q4 of 2013, same time as Xpac 5 for wow. This was from April of 2010 though and Xpac 4 (MoP) was at the very end of Q3, almost Q4 instead of Q2 like the timeline says so they're off a bit.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything about Titan though until they're in Alpha or Closed Beta.
    Why did you have to kill the kitty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    WOW looks great, but with the Star Craft 2 or Diablo 3 engine WOW's style would look even more amazing. I am confident Titan is going to look and feel great, which I would say is the major reason WOW was so successful whether people appreciate it's look and feel or not.

At this point, sadly, Titan will likely be viewed as a disappointment regardless of how good it is. People have built up unreasonable expectations for it, that it will somehow be WoW commercially, but at the same time fix everything they personally dislike in WoW. That's without any information about it being available. As information becomes available it will become a topic of love/hate depending on whether it is aimed towards the foundationless expectations of the person in question.

Then, the game will finally be released and it will be . . . . . okay. It will be a good game, but it most likely won't be mind blowing. Blizzard's record with mind blowing hasn't been so good lately. Diablo 3, despite all the hate, is an okay game; but it's nothing special. Starcraft 2 is enjoyable, but it's not ground breaking or a game that will be heralded 20 years later as one of the best of all time. Mists of Pandaria is good, but nothing special, ground breaking, or innovative. Titan will likely be of the same mold - something good, a quality production, but something that lacks that spark that makes it exceptional. And because people were expecting amazing, being simply good will be viewed the same as being a failure.

I could be wrong, Titan might be innovative, addictive, fun, and paradigm changing all at once - but the chances of that aren't something to bet on.

The lack of information might be tied to certain features being tested in other products as well. The RMAH is something I could see integrated into Titan, and Diablo was a test of that. The current simplification of character advancement might be a test for Titan as well as both Diablo and WoW moved away from the old talent tree model during roughly the same time frame - maybe the success or failure of those models will influence Titan's design.

Regardless, at this point the lack of information regarding Titan is pushing it to holy grail status with Blizzard fans, and this will likely help push it's initial sales while hurting the long term perception of it's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...
    Wow has a decade old engine, something that was good at the time, unless they get an updated engine, the graphics aren't going to change. They can only upgrade so much on an old engine to improve certain graphics.

They're obviously not going to use an outdated engine for a new game.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Wow has a decade old engine, something that was good at the time, unless they get an updated engine, the graphics aren't going to change. They can only upgrade so much on an old engine to improve certain graphics.

They're obviously not going to use an outdated engine for a new game.
    They're upgrading WoWs engine all the freaking time. People just don't notice because it's done in small steps.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt be surprised if something is mentioned about it at next years blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're upgrading WoWs engine all the freaking time. People just don't notice because it's done in small steps.
    Not only that, but even if the engine was given a major overhaul, the effort required would be a tiny fraction of the effort required to update all the assets. Blizzard doesn't want old zones looking radically different (in terms of mesh and texture density, surface detail, etc) from new ones, so there's really only so much they can do regardless of how powerful the actual engine is, and the business case (and user story, for that matter) for overhauling old assets is simply not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad there isnt info on titan yet, can you imagine the shit storm it would create on here.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If it is an MMO, I hope it uses Diablo 3 quality graphics instead of WoW...

well, considering its a next gen mmo, i doubt its going to be using warcrafts ancient engine. but one thing blizzard say made wow very sucessful was the fact it could run on even low end PCs. i wonder if they will keep with that, which would mean the graphics would probably be a bit worse than they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised if something is mentioned about it at next years blizzcon
    I'll be surprised if nothing about it is mentioned
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post

they are nothing more than predictions though, there are supossed leaks around the web about Titan, but theres a good chance they are fake. all we have to go on is pure speculation, we know almost nothing other than blizzard is working on a next gen mmo.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Im glad there isnt info on titan yet, can you imagine the shit storm it would create on here.

knowing WoWs fan base people will start to moan about how overpowered something is as soon as any info is released. and then cries of people saying they are quitting. though a little info would be nice, so we have something to speculate on.

They could use the "standard" specs of a computer from this year or last or maybe even next. That way when it is released in 1+ years computers that are not cutting edge could run it.