Account-bound achievements become an option

I reckon, and hopefully others will back me up on this, but I reckon that there should be an option to allow account-bound achievements or account-bound anything to be allowed or not. I'm saying this because I share an account with my father and he is on like most of his spare time (5-7 hours a day) and I'm on for far less (2-4 hours a day). So my father has 15 level 90s (3 accounts) and I have 2, as you might imagine, he gets ALOT of achievements whilst I have like 1/7 of what he has. He was stoked when he first heard of account bound acivements and whatnot, I wasn't for the reason of, I like to earn achievements, that being in a wide area, so when pandaria launched I was pissed off when I saw 15k acivement points attached to my character, seeing loads that I was wanting to get, my dad, on the other hand, was amazed that he got 'his' frost wrym that I got after a very hard time raiding in wotlk.

So is anyone in agreement with my option that account-bound acivements and other crap becomes an option to turn on or off? yes or no and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastosa View Post
    I reckon, and hopefully others will back me up on this, but I reckon that there should be an option to allow account-bound achievements or account-bound anything to be allowed or not. I'm saying this because I share an account with my father and he is on like most of his spare time (5-7 hours a day) and I'm on for far less (2-4 hours a day). So my father has 15 level 90s (3 accounts) and I have 2, as you might imagine, he gets ALOT of achievements whilst I have like 1/7 of what he has. He was stoked when he first heard of account bound acivements and whatnot, I wasn't for the reason of, I like to earn achievements, that being in a wide area, so when pandaria launched I was pissed off when I saw 15k acivement points attached to my character, seeing loads that I was wanting to get, my dad, on the other hand, was amazed that he got 'his' frost wrym that I got after a very hard time raiding in wotlk.

So is anyone in agreement with my option that account-bound acivements and other crap becomes an option to turn on or off? yes or no and why?
    Create a ticket, request for your account to be removed from his bnet. They will send you a form and you will be able to seperate your account from your fathers, some proof will be required.

interesting topic here.

I could swear I read this exact same topic a few months ago including the issue with the raid mount. Maybe it's just deja vu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I could swear I read this exact same topic a few months ago including the issue with the raid mount. Maybe it's just deja vu.
    You did. So did I.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...GE*-mistake-*(

The thing is, he's paranoid that his accounts might be hacked so he's spread his 15 characters across all 3 accounts, so even as I'm playing, on the exact same account he has 5 of his alts on it

Thx for the suggestion though

Quote Originally Posted by Bastosa View Post

Afaik. Account sharing is illegal. And making a ticket might even result in a ban I though that you were allowed to share your account with family. But I lost my old account due to "account sharing" and I shared my account with my brother so. :/ You could try to make a new account(bnet) with the same name. Or atleast same last name wich I asume you probably have. Then you can transfer characters, and maybe even accounts over.

Deleted
    Isn't it against the TOS to share an account?

I believe parent/child is the one exception to the account sharing rule
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Why doesn't my father play too?! Would save me so much time ^^

But on a more serious note, why would you mind getting the achievements? I mean, you can check who earned it, it will say like "Earned by Character A" and then in a red text "Not earned by Character B", if you are Character B, you can simply do the achievement again, and you will get the "earned by" text on the achievement. AND every achievement thats new to your specific charated will still pop up when you earn it, even if you account has it. Exception of the "blue framed" achievements, which will only pop once per account.