Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Your DPS is still really low for that boss, 2mins into the fight you should be on 300-600k dps (300k without BoF, 600k with).

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So your main argument is that BoF will do more damage, thus put out more Guards on the raid, so the healers can focus more on healing you... Ok. Sure. Sounds good in theory.

Here's the WoL report for the current number 1 Brewmaster for DPS for Wind Lord Mel'jarak 10 man. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=2837&e=3168

Go ahead and count how many times he used BoF. I'll wait.
    You should note that he let his stagger get ridiculously high. (Stagger counts as damage done on WoL).

I'm world 3rd on that fight, 2nd brewmaster and I didn't tank the boss (okay, might have pulled aggro a bit) until P2, plus one of our DPS died, so fight would have been over much quicker (P2 would have been shorter, so average DPS higher).

By the looks of it, he also tanked all, or nearly all of the adds as well as the boss (so CCing only 1 or 2 mobs at most)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Just use another tank a Druid, Pally or Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    You should note that he let his stagger get ridiculously high. (Stagger counts as damage done on WoL).

I'm world 3rd on that fight, 2nd brewmaster and I didn't tank the boss (okay, might have pulled aggro a bit) until P2, plus one of our DPS died, so fight would have been over much quicker (P2 would have been shorter, so average DPS higher).

By the looks of it, he also tanked all, or nearly all of the adds as well as the boss (so CCing only 1 or 2 mobs at most)
    Of course cheesing is going on, but the point remains: BoF wasn't necessary to get the absolute best DPS ranking on that boss. Hell, I've pulled 250,000 DPS on that boss when not using BoF at all (across the entire fight), which is plenty.

Some insight learned from tanking adds and boss while other tank held a single amber trapper in heroic 25 (2 trappers and 1 battlemaster or whatever they're called cc'd).

Very little is more important than shuffle uptime in that fight. In fact, priority would go shuffle > guard > pb. I would get to the point where I was only clearing stagger stacks if they crested 100k or more.

Hits brutally hard. If I had anything other than 95%+ shuffle uptime, I would get gibbed if there wasn't a cd available. SCK was definitely not an option unless a set of adds was down. Sad thing is even carrying that 100k stagger stack was OK if I had to to guarantee shuffle would get refreshed.

I realize normal isn't the same as heroic, and your mileage may vary on 25 vs 10, but the principles are similar for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Your DPS is still really low for that boss, 2mins into the fight you should be on 300-600k dps (300k without BoF, 600k with).

You use Breath of Fire, have a 2nd tank for boss and a 76% shuffle uptime and cleared your stagger pretty offen. You received 86k dps on you. I guess your group dispelled quickening?

Look at the nr.3 brewmaster. No BoF, almost same dps, 100% shuffle uptime, no other tank to soak damage, almost no purifying, 2 healers out(2x quickening) and only 83k dmg received.

Yes you increase your dps with bof but the amount of dmg recieved stands in no comparison to that, and no you do not decrease damage taken significantly if you purify with such a low shuffle uptime.